Bad Luck Hannah

I Really Need To Step Up My Game

Josh POV

Well that hadn't gone as expected.
I'd never had a girl literally run away from me when I'd tried to kiss her. Smack me, sure, laugh in my face, it had happened, but run away from me like her ass was on fire?
No.
Never before.
Fuck.
I leaned away from the bookshelf, a little aggravated.
This was going to be more of a challenge then I'd suspected.
I glanced down at my pile of books, and then hefted them into my arms, feeling bummed now.
Did she really just not like me?
What if she wasn't even interested in guys?
That would definitely throw a kink in the bet.
Not that I was only doing this so I wouldn't have to buy pizza for two weeks, but... Fuck.
I sighed, and hurried downstairs to where the librarian guy still sat at his computer, and I sat my books on the counter, checking them out before stuffing them all in my backpack and heading for the back door where my guys would be waiting.
I stepped outside, seeing Ricky already puffing like a freight train on a cigarette, smoke curling around him like he was in a fog, Jessica already wrapped around him like a pretzel.
They were so sickening.
"Making headway yet?" Ryan asked me with a grin as he leaned against the wall, arms crossed. "I saw her run out of the library like she'd seen a ghost."
I glared at him. "I think I got the shitty end of this bet."
"We told you she wouldn't be an easy challenge," Ricky chuckled, Jessica looking at all of us curiously.
"What are you guys talking about?"
"Nothing. They're just all assholes," Chris grunted, glaring at all of us. He was so against the bet I think he wanted to disown all of us as his friends. He thought it was really shitty of us, and honestly I kind of agreed.
Hannah was untouchable, though, I already had that figured out. If I couldn't get to her kiss me when I was pulling out all the stops, I would probably be in hell building snowmen before I got her to sleep with me by the end of the semester.
I'd better save up all my money for pizzas.
"You gonna come over Tonight?" Ricky asked his girlfriend as we all started for our cars, Devin and Kylie already leaning against his, lips locked together.
"Ugh, I can't, Mom wants me to help her with some stuff," Jessica grimaced. "I'll just have to see you tomorrow."
"Fine. But you'll text me, right?"
Jesus.
I rolled my eyes, aware of what he meant by that by the way he said it, and Ryan made a shooting motion at his head.
I chuckled, unlocking my car door.
Ricky climbed in Devins car, Kylie giving him a quick goodbye kiss before her and Jessica took off for her car.
Ryan and Chris climbed in mine, and I backed out of the parking spot with a huff, deciding to go into town for some shit before we headed back.
"So what happened?" Ryan asked curiously, fiddling with my radio to find a decent station.
"I tried to kiss her and she acted like I was going to murder her," I sighed, pulling into the lone gas station between school and town. "I've never had a girl run away from me before."
"Being forward isn't gonna get you anywhere with her," Chris told me as we all climbed out of the car. "She doesn't even know you, man. She isn't gonna be like the rest of them."
"Yeah, I kinda figured that out," I muttered, stepping into the gas station and heading for the freezers. "I can barely get her to talk to me."
"You at least have her number right?" Ryan sighed as he layered his arms with Mountain Dews.
"Yeah."
"How?"
"I took her phone and called myself."
"Josh," Chris scowled at me. "Did she even want you to have her number?"
"Hey, she at least had me as a contact in her phone, okay? I figured it was a good sign, so I went for it."
"Man, I think this is the easiest bet I've ever won," Ryan started to laugh. "Pizza is gonna be great!"
I grimaced.
This fucking sucked.
I really was gonna have to step my game up with this one.