Status: updates are gonna be once a week!!

Nearly Witches

Chapter 2

It was still early, the clock showing that it was barely eight, and since the mall opened at 10, we both agreed to sleep in a little more. We each got under the covers of my bed and I reached over her to turn the heater back on. When I leaned back, Jenna was already sleeping soundly. I smiled at her, before snuggling down into the sheets, lying on my stomach. I didn't stay that way long, though. It felt like there were beanbags on my torso, which I guess there kind of were. It’s only been an hour, and I was already sick of these boobs. I let out an exasperated breath, jumping when I felt something hit at my shoulder.

"Lay on your side," Jenna mumbled out. She retracted her hand, scratching her stomach and yawning. "You'll get used to it." She fell back asleep almost instantly.

I sighed again, turning onto my side. It felt a bit better, but it was still uncomfortable. I was used to sleeping on my stomach, but now I couldn't. My new body wasn't making a very good first impression. I shifted again, not feeling comfortable on my side.

"Oh my god, go to sleep," Jenna growled out. I immediately stilled, staying that way until Jenna fell asleep a few moments later. I lay awake for a few minutes, thinking about how different I was now, and how different everyone would view me. How differently Vic would view me.

I glanced over to Jenna to make sure she was still asleep, and snuck carefully off of the bed and out of the room. I made my way through the hallway and into the kitchen, stopping at the mirror on the wall.

I saw how messy my hair was and went to brush some of it out of my face, but got caught up in how much flabbier my cheeks were now. I squished them about and pushed my cheeks forward, giving myself fishlips. It was then that I noticed that my lips were fuller now and my eyelashes were longer.

The longer I stared at my reflection, the more I regretted ever meeting that mysterious man. I looked at myself a few more seconds before I saw Jenna enter the kitchen.

"Good morning, princess" I teased, seeing how disgruntled she looked. She just glared at me before responding.

"You're not one to talk, Princess," she said back. I smiled at the banter, but looked over to the kitchen with a sigh. Jenna looked in the direction of my gaze before rolling her eyes. "You're not going to cook, are you?" She sighed out. I just pouted at her. "Fine, we'll pick something up while we're out."

I looked to her confused. "We're going out?"

"Of course! You don't expect to be able to wear those jeans much longer, do you? You can't even clasp them up!" She laughed. I looked down at my pants, confused as to how she could see. My shirt had ridden up from moving around, I guess, because you could even see a sliver of my stomach. I pulled my shirt down stubbornly.

"Fine, when are we leaving?" I grumbled. Without answering, she turned and headed for my room, and a few moments later, reappeared holding a sweater, my wallet, phone and a pair of my shoes.

She handed them to me and I slowly took them, not looking forward to our shopping trip. I pulled the jumper on over my shirt, afterwards moving to put my shoes on. I slipped on one, frowning at how easily it slipped on. Normally, I would need to use a shoehorn or at least try and force my foot in, and

I couldn’t figure out what the difference was. I was still frowning at my shoe when I heard Jenna begin to laugh.

"Looks like we're gonna have to get shoes too, yeah?"

I just stared at her confused, and after she gave me a pointed look, it finally clicked in my head; the shoes were too big for me. She rushed back to my room to get thicker socks and urged me to put my shoes on quicker. I put them on, standing up straight and shrugging at her.

"Well, let's go."

-----

I followed Jenna through the mall, shuffling my feet along to avoid my shoes coming off.

"I think we should get shoes first," I said, getting irritated as my shoe nearly slipped off again. She stopped a bit in front of me, turning and looking at me thoughtfully. After a few moments, she finally spoke.

"You would want Vans, yeah?" She asked me. I nodded my head in agreement, watching as she tapped her finger against her chin. "And you need pants," she added. Again I nodded. "Alright, to the Vans store first!" With that, she took off towards the escalator. I followed closely behind, tripping occasionally.

When we walked into the store, I stopped short. I didn't know if there was a women's part of the shop or if all the shoes were just shoes. Lucky for me, Jenna was with me, so she just dragged me to a section of shoes that were littered with different patterns and colors.

"Go sit on the bench," She ordered. I did as she said, letting my legs stretch out. I examined my legs, finally letting it sink in how uncomfortable these jeans were on my curvy legs. Though, before I could get into how much I hated my new body, Jenna crouched in front of me, taking off my shoes.

"What are you doing?" I asked her. She just rolled her eyes at me.

"I have to measure your foot. You don't think I just know your size, do you?" She questioned. I didn't answer. I felt like the question was rhetorical anyway. She looked back to my feet and I curled my toes knowing that she was looking at them. She started with my right foot, holding my ankle, but before she could grab the measuring tool, she grimaced. She looked up to me, disgusted look in place. "We're going to go get razors and cream," she said. I didn't know what she was talking about, and I guess it showed on my face because she explained herself. "Kellin, your legs feel like...fuck, I don't even know how to describe it. You have to shave." She said it in a way that made it seem obvious, but really, it wasn't at all.

"Why do I have to shave? Can't I just wear pants all of the time?" I asked. I've never been able to grow facial hair, so I never learnt to shave, and I didn't want to start; it seemed like a lot of work.

"Of course not, Kellin!" Jenna exclaimed. "If you want Vic to like you, you can't wear pants all the time! You need to show him your slutty side!"

"But I don't have a slutty side, Jenna!" I shouted. I glanced around, seeing a few of the people in the shop give me glances. I lowered my voice, blushing. "I might as well just be a granny or something. That's how un-slutty I am."

Jenna just sighed and began to measure my feet. She didn't say anything else, so I figured I had won this. I smiled and she put the shoe size measurer thing down and I waited for her to tell me my size.

"You're a size seven," she sighed out. She stood up straight and began walking to the proper size.

She had taken a few steps before she turned back to me with a smirk on her face. "And if you don't agree to shave yourself, I'll do it for you while you sleep. Everywhere." I gasped and she laughed, turning back forward to continue her trek towards the size seven shoes. I jumped up to follow her, hitting her shoulder once I caught up.

"That's no fair!" I whined, stopping in front of the shoes. "What if I'm just one of those girls that's against shaving?" I picked a pair of (very cute) floral Vans off the shelf and we walked to the front of the store.

"Then Vic will be disgusted in you and never talk to you again."

The clerk rang us up, and I went to pull my wallet out, but Jenna had already given the man a card.

"Jenna, I'll pay for it," I told her. The clerk heard me and stopped his hand, hovering over the card reader. Jenna just shook her head.

"No, my parents pay me back if it's for a gift, no matter who it is," She explained. I stared at her and she stared back, both of us wanting to pay, but not wanting to say anything. The clerk's hand was still hovering over the reader. I blinked.

"Fine, whatever, pay! But I'm buying breakfast."

Jenna smiled, nodding at the clerk and he slid the card, finishing our transaction.

-----

Five hours had passed by the time we exited the last store we needed to visit in the mall. We still needed to go by the corner store to get shaving cream and razors, Jenna was very adamant about that, but we were done shopping in the mall and we were heading to the bathroom so I could "get ready," as she called it. She thought I looked a right mess, so we were going to go in, I was going to get dressed in some of my new clothes, and she was going to help me with my makeup. I didn't think it was necessary right now, but I knew I wouldn't be able to sway Jenna away from the idea of dressing me up.

We stepped into the restroom together, putting all of my bags onto the counter. Jenna started to go through specific bags, pulling out an outfit for me. It was kind of insane to me how much we bought, or rather, how much we spent. We only went to a few stores, but we spent nearly five hundred dollars. She had me buy bras and panties (not without commenting on how my boobs were bigger than hers), tons of jeans and shirts- probably more than I've had in my life, a bunch of makeup and a dress (“What do you think you’re going to wear on your date with Vic?”). I was shaking my head at the amount when she thrust clothes into my arms.

"Put these on, then I'll do your makeup," she ordered while ushering me into the biggest stall.

"Whatever," I muttered, closing and locking the door behind me. I hung everything on the handrail instead of the floor, thinking it was cleaner. I pulled my shirt over my head, sighing at my body for the umpteenth time. I pulled the turquoise bra around me, struggling to do the clasp in the back. I managed after a few minutes, though I hit my elbows a few times on the stall walls. I could hear
Jenna laughing on the other side. I pulled off my new shoes next, quickly moving on to my jeans and boxers. I intentionally did not look down at myself as I pulled the matching turquoise boy shorts up my legs and snug around my hips. I took my dark blue jeans now, tearing off the tags. I stepped into them, pulling them straight up my legs, shaking my hips to get them over my ass. I buttoned them, smiling at how great they made my ass look- you know, if I were to say so myself. Finally, I took the tags off of my grey v-neck, pulling it over my head. I looked down at myself, not really minding how I looked for the first time all day.

I knelt down, pulling my shoes on and tying them up. I gathered my old clothes in my arms and stood straight again, brushing my hair out of my face. I unlocked the stall door, walking out to see Jenna sitting on the counter, swinging her feet lightly. When she noticed me, she smiled and hopped off the counter, coming over to me. She ran her hands over the wrinkles in my shirt, nodding her head in approval.

"You clean up nice," she complimented. I ducked my head, a mumbled "thanks" on my lips. "C'mon, let’s get your face covered." She walked over to the counter, me following closely behind. Once I reached the counter, she gestured for me to hop up. I set my clothes on the counter and pulled
myself up to sit on the bar. As I got myself situated, she put my old clothes into the bottom of one of the sacks. She turned back towards me, pulling out the powder foundation. She twisted off the top, dabbing the brush into the loose powder. "Close your eyes," Jenna said quietly. I obliged, letting her brush the dust on my face.

When she got done with that, she studied my face. "Do you think you should wear a lot? Or just your eyes and lips?"

I shrugged. "Well, we're only going to breakfast, right? So I don't think it's that big of a deal."
She nodded her head slowly. "Yeah, yeah you're right." She looked through the makeup bag, grabbing the eyeliner. "Look up."

I followed her instruction, trying not to flinch as she followed my water line. She had me close my eyes once she was done with the bottom, lining the top of my lid. "Alright, do you want lip stain or lip gloss? Both?" She asked me. I thought about it, following the same logic as before.

"We're going to breakfast. If I wear lip gloss, won't it smear off?"

"Kellin, you're too good at this," Jenna replied, shaking her head. I giggled, smiling wide. She pulled a stick of red lip stain out of the bag, opening it and twisting it up. I puckered my lips out as far as they could go, eyes sparkling with humor. Jenna just slapped my lips and I gasped in mock offense. Jenna laughed it out, and I puckered my lips the appropriate amount so she could apply the stain. After she was done, she stepped back, looking at me. "I think I'm done! What do you think?"

I slid off of the counter, turning to face the mirror as I looked at myself. My eyes looked wider with the black lining it, but I liked it. The foundation helped a bit with my blemishes too, so I really liked that. Jenna snapped me back into reality before I could get deeper into thought.

"Here," she pulled a brush out of her purse. "Use this."

I took it from her and began to brush my hair through with it. It got caught on a few tangles in the back from sleeping on it, but after only one or two minutes, my hair was silky smooth again. It still surprised me how long my hair was. It was only a few inches longer than it usually was, falling a bit past my shoulders, but still surprising. It was still wavy, though. When I got home, I definitely needed to straighten it.

I turned around and handed Jenna her brush back. "Are we done now? Can we go to IHOP?" I asked, the pain in my stomach growing the longer it stayed empty. Jenna laughed but nodded.

"Yeah, get those bags, I'll grab these."

And with that, we left the restroom, heading towards the front doors.

-----

The restroom we were in was opposite to the end that Jenna's car was parked, so we had to walk ten minutes to get to the door. We were halfway there when I heard a familiar voice shout out.

"Jenna!"

Jenna and I turned towards where we thought we heard the voice came from. My eyes lit up as I saw Vic walk over to us. I let out a smile before it dropped completely from my face. I was excited to see Vic, but I still didn't want him to see me like this. I moved to stand behind Jenna. When Vic reached us, he leaned down to hug Jenna, pulling back and offering a warm greeting to her.

"How've you been? Haven't seen you in a few days," he said through a smile. I couldn't help but smile at his smile.

"I've been pretty great, it's been kind of a crazy morning," she said, holding up the bags, "but pretty great."

I followed Jenna's arms from my place behind her as she lowered the bags back to her sides. When I glanced back up to Vic, he was already staring at me. I ducked my head and blushed, moving a bit more behind Jenna. She must have realized that Vic had noticed me though, because she moved to the side, allowing him a full view of me. Traitor.

"Oh, Vic! This is my friend from out of state," the traitor said. Vic looked me up and down before
walking closer to me, holding his hand out.

"She's already said, but yeah, I'm Vic."

I lifted my empty hand to his, holding on lightly as we shook. I just stared up at him, blushing, too scared to speak. Lucky for me, Jenna spoke up.

"That's Kelsy," she said. I was a bit alarmed by the name, but quickly dismissed it knowing there were far worse names out there she could have come up with. "She's kind of shy at first, so she doesn’t speak too much."

At that I ducked my head in embarrassment, noticing that our hands were still linked. His hands were big compared to my own, his left hand nearly devouring mine, but I liked it. He was warm and it was comforting.

He squeezed my hand, and let go slowly, almost like he didn't want to. I brought the newly released hand up to brush my hair behind my ear, looking up at him again. He was smiling down at me, and I blushed harder. Jenna cleared her throat and we both seemed to fall out of a daze as we turned towards her.

"We were about to go to IHOP, if you wanted to join us?" she asked Vic. Vic looked to me and back to Jenna.

"Sure," he said with a smile. "I walked here, though, so do you mind if I catch a ride with you guys?" Before Vic had finished his sentence, Jenna was nodding.

"Of course you can! I mean, as long as Kelsy doesn't mind." They both looked at me with matching pleading eyes. I rolled my eyes.

"Of course I don't mind," I said, voice portraying that I wasn't annoyed. Vic gave me his winning smile, and Jenna winked at me. I rolled my eyes again and blushed a little harder because of Vic’s response. I cleared my throat and quickly followed up with a subtle yet urgent tone to my voice. "Let's get to it, yeah? I'm starving."
♠ ♠ ♠
this is prolly rlly boring because it is literally the same story but I promise I'm working on a new chapter as I'm rewriting these :-)))