Status: Currently being postponed

Sick Flesh

Training and Fools

Aidan had Ameena running drills and jumping over boulders as big as small houses for at least an hour. As they came to a finish Ameena was breathing rapidly, Aidan barely was. She jogged up to Lynann and waited for a response. “That was pretty awesome, but what are you going to tell your family? I mean you’re going to live forever, there’s no finality.”

Ameena nodded, “this is true, I plan on telling them, but later. They don’t need this dropped on them now.” Lynann nodded in agreement. “So now you know your best friend is a vampire. What are you going to do next?”

Lynann ponders this as they head back to their cars, “I’m going to sleep and go to work as if nothing happened, and maybe down a drink or two. Not in that order. Speaking of drinking, can vampires get drunk?”

“I don’t know. Aidan do vamps get drunk?”

“Yes, though our organs are stronger so we don’t get cirrhosis of the liver and you might have to drink more than you used to just to get tipsy.”

“Aw man, I prided myself in being a cheap drunk.” Ameena pouted. They said their goodbyes and
Aidan followed Ameena to her apartment. He walked her to the door. “So shall we reconvene tomorrow?”

“If you wish, I might be late, I have some business to take care of.” He said and kissed her hand then go into his car and drove away.

Ameena sighed as she stepped into her living room. She watched some TV before going to bed and dreaming about Aidan. She received a call the next afternoon telling her that Adelia’s funeral would be the next day and Tamilynn’s would be two hours later. Lynann called right after, “Hey, do you want to hang out? You can show me how to make those apple pie on the rocks drinks.”

“Oh heck yeah! I’ll drive over there when I get ready.” They hung up with each other, Ameena threw some clothes on, threw some makeup on, and took off toward her car after writing Aidan a note. Ameena’s heart started racing with excitement as she drove the two blocks to Lynann’s She arrived and noticed two familiar faces, Adrian and Joseph. They were Lynann’s friends, one of which Ameena had kissed once, but that’s all it was. He was an arrogant boy who seemed to want to try the “player” lifestyle. He was a fool. She took a deep breath, exited her car, and then walked up to Lynann’s apartment.

“Hey Ameena,” Joseph said and Adrian smiled; staring at her body for a split second. Ameena smiled to herself and opened the door. She found Lynann in the kitchen with a bottle of fireball whiskey, vanilla vodka, some apple juice, and a container of cinnamon. I helped her make some drinks then we went to the porch to sit down. The sky was beginning to darken and Adrian was going on about his new girlfriend or something. Joseph spoke about moving to Illinois. Lynann stood up and asked if we wanted to play some beer pong. Oh Lynann. We took our little group inside where Lynann has set up a table and some cups. Ameena mainly played for fun; she didn’t much care for beer.

A few minutes of playing passed and there was a knock at the door. Crap, were they being too loud already? Lynann walked to the door with a look of bewilderment. She opened it and there standing in all his handsome glory was Aidan. Ameena’s heart fluttered as she saw Aidan’s face, she grinned when he looked in her direction. “I wasn’t certain if you were merely telling me where you were going to be or to come over, so here I am.” Ameena rushed over and took his hand then led him to the kitchen where she proceeded to make him a drink. He tried a sip and his eyes lit up, “This is delicious!” They both chuckled and Lynann called for them to play the game.

Ameena let Aidan occasionally play in her place. Their team won of course, it may have something to do with their vampirism. A few minutes later, they were all having a good time, almost too good. Ameena started getting warm and decided to walk outside. She felt the cool breeze on her face, it was as if all of her nerves were working together to create the sensation of silk running across her skin. Adrian walked outside as well. “So you’re looking really good these days.” Ameena rolled her eyes at him attempting to flatter her. “Is that your boyfriend in there?”

“No, he isn’t. But he is quite beautiful.” Adrian leans in to kiss Ameena who quickly evades the fool.

“What are you doing‽” She exclaims.

“For old time sake?”

“What? You have a girlfriend, just like last time. What’s the point in committing to a label if you’re not going to honor what comes with it, such as loyalty?”

He shrugs, “Whatever, suit yourself.”

“Suit my- Oh you arrogant sociopath!” Adrian snickers and walked back inside. Ameena raised her arm ready to strike the cretin down where he stood until a hand shot out and stopped her. She yanked her head toward the fool who dares to stop her, “Why did you stop me? He has it coming!” She angrily spat at him.

“Ameena, you have vampire strength. Although, it’s not as great as mine it’s still greater than a mere human.” Ameena glares at Aidan and perks a brow, “Meaning you could seriously injure or kill him if you’re not careful in controlling that strength. We don’t need that kind of attention.”

Ameena sighed dramatically, “Yes, I suppose you’re right.”

He placed an arm around her and squeezed her shoulder gently. “Come; let’s beat their asses at some beer pong.” Ameena laughed and followed her sire, her friend, into the house. They had more fun throughout the night beating Adrian and Joseph. Ameena glanced at her best friend; she never understood why Lynann wasted her time on those two. Seems like they only ever came over for alcohol and used her. Perhaps when Joseph left she will get better friends. Ameena didn’t expect Joseph to even keep in touch and his worthless brother certainly wouldn’t, good.

It was quite late and Ameena and Aidan decided to call it a night. Joseph and Adrian were staying the night at Lynann’s, which made Ameena roll her eyes, but better safe than sorry. Aidan followed her to her apartment and walked her to her door again. She wondered why he kept doing that, it’s not like she was feeble or weak anymore. She mentally shrugged and just let him. Ameena opened the screen door, put her key in the lock, and turned around to face him. “Well tonight was fun. Shall we train tomorrow?”

He nodded, “Yes just meet me at the park around 10.” Ameena nods then walks into her apartment.

“Oh Danika, it’s so difficult to dislike the person who murdered my coworkers, how many people say that in their lives??” She sighed and readied for bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Too much nonsensical drama, or not enough? It's actually cool outside today, how awesome, I have the windows open! =D