Status: Done

Love Bug

Twenty Nine

Filip’s POV- Christmas 2014
I knocked on the door of Angie’s house. I turned to my mom and she smiled.

“It smells wonderful”

I nodded and Emma opened the door. Her hair was curled and she wore a burgandy colored dress. She wore a pair of black heels that almost maide her, my height and she smelled wonderful.

“Merry Christmas!”

Fredrik was the first to hug her, then my dad and mom. She gave me a smile as I hugged her.

“You look nice” I told her.

“Thank you! You look great”

She fixed her hair and smiled. She then turned to my mom and Fredrik who has some gifts. Emma took the gifts from my mom who handed them to her.

“Let me help you with that”

I followed her inside. I smiled and nodded when I noticed some Star Wars themed Christmas decorations. So Angie did have a fascination for Star Wars. I chuckled a bit at the Yoda Christmas Tree Topper.

“Merry Christmas!”

Angie was also wearing a dress, and you could see the tattoo on her thigh.

“Carina, I actually need your help”

My mom and Angie disapeared into the kitchen while Emma put the gifts under the tree.

“Stand close to each other”

Max was holding Emma’s camera, and I smiled, as Emma got closer to me. She hugged my waist and the flash kind of blinded us. Once the picture was done she fled to the kitchen.

Max was dragged to the kitchen but he came out with water for us. He sat down with us and his phone began ringing.

“That must be my mother, excuse me”

He put his phone against his ear as he stood up.

“Hello”

He immediately began talking in Spanish as he made his way out of the living room.

“Those are some really high heels”

I nodded and turned around to see my brother looking at Emma’s heels. She seemed to know how to walk with them real well. She finished setting up the dining table and I laughed as she did a double take on the Christmas tree.

“She would get a Yoda Christmas tree topper”

“You didn’t notice it?” I asked.

She shook her head.

“I cannot say I did not see it coming considering there are R2D2 Christmas lights”

I nodded and she excused herself. My dad nudged me when my eyes followed her out.

“Besides being pretty, what is she studying?”

I explained to him that her dad and uncle ran an Engineering company, which is why she had double majored in Business and cognitive Science. He did not know what Cognitive science was so I explained to him that she wanted to be a speech therapist.

“The food is ready”

Emma sat next to me and we began eating. My mom looked at her as she took a bite of her food.

“You told me that your grandparents were of French descent”

Emma nodded.

“My Paternal grandparents were from France, but moved to Mexico after they married”

My mom nodded.

“And your mom?”

I learned that Emma was of half Mexican and half Venezulan descent. Angie was half Mexican and half Colombian descent.

“Is this your first Christmas without your parents?”

Emma nodded and smiled.

“I’ll see them in a few days”

My dad nodded and smiled at her.

“You’re a beauiful and talented young lady. Why Filip if I may ask?”

I looked at my dad who laughed when I shook my head.

“I honestly was not looking for a guy to date. Filip literally appeared out of nowhere and he was a total gentleman from the beginning”

My mom smiled and Emma looked at her.

“You raised an incredibly polite guy…and those are hard to find now a days”

Angie laughed and Max chuckled.

“And you found him in a library”

My mom looked at me.

“You two met in a library?”

I nodded and my brother laughed.

“Filip doesn’t read”

Emma squeezed my shoulder and smiled.

“He was hiding from Calle”

Everyone in the table laughed and I shrugged.

“Calle claims he helped in our relationship” I said.

Emma shook her head.

“He did not”

Angie laughed my mom smiled at us.

“Well he chose a really smart and talented beautiful lady to date”

Emma blushed lightly and thanked her. Max pulled his phone from his phone and sighed.

“Your sisters are bugging me, they want a picture”

He stood up and I put my arm over Emma’s shoulder. Angie stood up and went to stand behind us. He took the picture and nodded as he sent it.

“Merry Christmas guys, lets eat”

The food was great, and when we got to my apartment my parents told me not to mess it up. They loved Emma, and said she was a perfect girl for me even if she was not Swedish.