Status: Done

Love Bug

Thirty Two

Filip’s POV- New Years 2015
I took a sip of my wine and leaned on the rail. I was currently standing at the top of the stairs in between Joshua and Andrew. They didn’t want to go down just yet because they were single and that meant they had to meet every single girl their age.

“You see that guy right there”

I followed Andy’s finger and Josh scolded him about pointing at people.

“No one’s looking at us!”

“What about him?” I asked as I looked at the blonde guy with blue eyes.

“That’s Emma’s exboyfriend”

I took a giant gulp of my wine and nodded. Jackie had mentioned Emma’s boyfriend Gabriel might be here tonighe. She couldn’t be here since she was spending New Years Eve with her family.

“She dumped his ass, so don’t you worry. He shouldn’t be too much of a hassel, as long as he doesn’t get drunk”

I glanced around to see Emma making her way up the stairs. He noticed and grabbed a glass of wine.

“Fuck! Ugh, he’s gonna make a scene”

Emma smiled and she raised an eyebrow.

“Why does Filip have a sour look on his face?”

She looked at Andrew who frowned.

“I like him now! I just pointed Gabe out to him”

She made a face and looked down the stairs.

“Of course he’s here”

I pulled her into a hug and smiled at her. I pecked her lips and she smiled up at me as she licked her lips a bit.

“How much wine have you had?”

She looked at Josh and he laughed.

“Don’t worry, he’s only had one”

Emma nodded and rubbed my sides. I have had one to many.

“Picture time!”

The boys frowned but followed Emma down the stairs. I followed them and got another glass of wine. I followed them into the backyard and Emma’s mom Carla smiled at us.

“Filip! Join the picture!”

Max let out a chuckle as she pulled me up. Carla was a bit tipsy, but all the Andrade ladies were wearing gowns. Emma was wearing a purple gown and her hair was picked up. She had a little bit more make up on than usual but for these things you kinda have to.

“Where’s Mason?”

So Angie had caught Amelia and Mason making out during Thanksgiving. There was quite a scene because of that.

The photographer put Josh and Andy in the back since they were the taller ones. He then put Isaac, their dad in between them. I was put next to Andy, and Mason was put next to Josh. 4 stools were but in front of us and Emma sat in front of me. Her dress hid the stool, and they did the same with her mom, and two sisters.

“I’m the only one without a boyfriend”

Olivia frowned a bit and laughed when Josh said something. Emma shook her head lightly and the photographer began setting up for the picture.

“Smile”

We did and he took several pictures. Once that was done I got my glass of wine.

“Which one are you drinking?”

Her dad took a sip of it and nodded.

“That ones good”

I nodded and took another gulp.

“Try not to get drunk, you look like you’ve had a few since I can hear your accent, but I know you’re to nice to do anything bad”
I laughed and nodded.

“I’ve had a few but I know what’s going on” I told him.

“Take care of her and don’t let Gabriel near her. He always starts something”

“Why do you invite him daddy?”

Amelia fixed her necklace and looked up at her dad.

“Because his father is here, but I think I might have to ban him from these things”

Emma nodded and smiled at me.

“Let’s go to the photobooth”

I nodded and followed her there. We got into the photobooth and Emma tapped her finger against the screen.

“Wait! Where’s Winnie!”

I laughed as she left to get her dog. She came back with him and sat him on her lap. The dog wagged his tail when he saw me. He did like me, and that made Andy like me since he said the dog hated any guy that came near Emma. We took a few pictures and she pecked my cheek. I turned and gave her a kiss making Winnie whine a little bit. Emma laughed against my mouth and I heard a gag making us pull away.

“You two are gross, now give me the dog so I could take him to poop”

Andy got the dog and left with him. Two strips printed and she handed me one. I looked at the pictures and smiled.

“I like this one” I told her showing her the one where we were kissing and Winnie looked like he was about to bark.

“That one’s pretty”

I nodded and looked at the time. It was 11:20 already, and I was tired because it technically was New Years in Nashville already. I put the picture in my pocket and did the same with Emma’s.

“We can go outside if you want? It gets hectic in here”

I nodded and followed her outside. Andy looked at the door when it opened.

“Love birds”

He turned back to Winnie who was chasing a bug.

“He’s gonna fall in the pool”

Emma nodded and Andy shook his head when Winnie almost fell into the pool.

“Why are you two out here?”

She looked at him.

“It’s hot in there”

He nodded and Josh walked over. He handed me a cup of wine, and who was I to not take it? I took a gulp and looked up at the sky.

“You guys have a nice view of the sky” I commented.

I heard Andy hum lightly.

“Yup, the inland is like this”

I nodded slowly and looked at Emma who smiled.

“How many of those have you had?”

I smiled at her and she laughed. Ok, so I have had about 7.

“A few” I told her.

She laughed and I pecked her lips. She smiled and the guys groaned.

“Stop!”

I felt a light thump on my leg and I laughed as Winnie tried to wiggle his way in between us.

“Emma”

Andy groaned lightly and I pulled away from the kiss. I looked up to see her exboyfriend staring at us.

“Gabriel”

He gave her a smile.

“You usually call me Gabe”

Josh rolled his eyes.

“Well Gabe you’re drunk”

The blonde nodded and looked at Emma.

“I just want to talk”

He glanced at me and hummed lightly.

“I see you have a boyfriend”

Emma nodded slowly and looked at him.

“Yes I do, can you leave us alone?”

He looked at her and smiled.

“After we talk”

He nodded and looked at me.

“Alone”

She laughed and shook her head.

“No, I can move a bit but they’re not leaving”

He nodded and she squeezed my bicep as she walked over to him. He gave her a smile and nodded.

“You look beautiful”

Emma crossed her arms and hummed lightly.

“Talk”

My hands closed into fists as he pulled her into a kiss. A groan was heard and he was on the floor on his knees. Emma took that time to punch him in the face.

“DAD!”

Max walked out and let out a groan.

“Why do we invite you to these things”

He pulled out his phone and a few minutes later two security guards made their way over. They picked the guy up and took him out.

“Damn, I didn’t know you could punch”

Emma gagged and rubbed her mouth.

“I’m gonna throw up”

She ran over to the grass area and Andy laughed.

“She just needs to wash her mouth”

He made his way over to her and led her inside. Josh looked at me and smiled.

“No need to feel threatened”

I nodded and let out a deep breath. I gulped down the rest of the wine I had and sighed.

“Come on, it’s almost New Years and you want to kiss my sister”

I laughed and followed him inside. We walked into the kitchen to see Emma spit out mouth rinse. Amelia was laughing where as Olivia was smiling.

“Did she really punch Gabe?”

I nodded and they smiled.

“Better her than you”

I nodded earning a laugh from everyone in the room. Emma brushed her teeth, 5 times before she cleaned her mouth.

“Come on the countdown is about to start”

Emma looked at me.

“Let’s go outside?”

I nodded and followed her outside. She looked up at the sky and sighed lightly.

“Sorry”

“Why are you apologizing, he kissed you” I said.

“He always does that, I actually thought he had changed”

I hummed and laughed making her look at me.

“Well I think the punch you gave him will change that” I said making her laugh.

“So you’re not mad?”

The count down began inside and I shook my head.

“No, you punched him pretty darn well” I said making her laugh.

“3…2…1!”

I smiled at her.

“Happy New Year” I told her.

She smiled and I pulled her into a light kiss. The house began blaring music and I laughed against her lips.

“Time to dance?” I guessed.

She smiled.

“Nah, lets change out of these fancy clothes. I want to show you something”

I nodded and we made our way back inside. After we changed we left the property, Emma walking a little faster than me. I noticed a park as Emma crossed the street.

“Come on hurry”

I laughed and followed her up the small hill. I sat next to her and she looked at the view. It was just the view of the city and to the side you could see the freeway.

“A few years, a fire got pretty out of control. Like all of that part of the mountains were completely red”

I followed her finger and nodded slowly.

“I used to come out at night with Biscuit when I couldn’t sleep”

I nodded and looked around. This was no place for a tiny girl, but they again the huge dog was with her.

“It helped me relax, it wasn’t this cold though”

I laughed and pulled her close.

“I was here when I could walk after surgery. My parents got so pissed because I didn’t tell them where I was going. I was with Biscuit though and as huge as he is, he is gentle”

I nodded and kissed her forehead.

“Are you having a good time?”

I hummed and nodded.

“Other than the guy kissing you, all has been well” I said kissing her cheek.

She nodded slowly and kissed my jaw.

“I apologize for that”

I laughed and shook my head.

“Don’t just seeing you gag and wash your teeth many times I see that you aren’t interested in him” I said.

She looked at me and smiled.

“I love you”

I looked at her and she laughed a bit.

“Oh my god, I really do”

I smiled and pulled her into a kiss. She kissed back and as the kiss got heated I kissed her cheek and let out a deep breath against her hair.

“I love you too” I told her.

She pulled me into a kiss and I closed my eyes and enjoyed the kiss as the San Bernandino County welcomed the New Year with some fireworks.