Status: Done

Love Bug

Four

Emma’s POV- April 2014
I took a sip of my coffee and Max coughed as Amelia glanced at both of us. She pushed her hair back and hummed lightly.

“So when can I meet the guy?”

I looked at my sister as she raised an eyebrow.

“You can’t”

Amelia, my sister looked up at Max.

“Why not?”

“Cause he’s not in Nashville”

I nodded.

“He went back to Sweden this morning” I said.

She frowned; she had gotten in two nights ago.

“You said you were studying for an exam!”

“I was” I told her as I smiled.

Filip helped me study.

“So you didn’t say goodbye to him?”

I nodded.

“Of course I did, he’s a great study partner” I told her making her grin at me.

Max took a sip of his drink. He was going to change the subject.

“How’s the company in Denver?”

She shrugged lightly. Amelia was incredibly smart, she graduated 2 years early. She ended up double majoring in Public Relations as well as Business and Finance. She graduated 4 years after that and she just finished graduate school, a semester early. She had just turned 23.

“It’s alright, daddy had to fire a guy though. He was stealing money, and this was his second time”

Max shrugged and she hummed. She looked at my hands.

“Let me paint your nails”

We moved to the dining table where Max was and as she began painting my fingernails.

“Tell me about lover boy”

“Well what do you want to know about him?” I asked her.

She looked at me.

“How old is he?”

“19” I said.

She hummed.

“So he’s a prospect?”

I nodded.

“He’s played a few games”

She looked at Max and nodded.

“So are you guys dating or?”

“We agreed we wouldn’t see other people during the summer” I said.

She looked at me and pushed her hair back. Her hair was cut short, something that surprised the whole family. She was always a person who loved her long blonde hair.

“He brought it up?”

I nodded and she smiled.

“Nice, he sounds like a good guy” I said.

She reached for my phone and began looking through my photos. There was a picture of Filip and I from a team dinner that I was his date to.

“He’s cute”

I nodded.

“How tall?”

She looked at Max.

“My height”

She hummed and nodded.

“He’s at a great height then”

I nodded

“You mentioned he was going back to Sweden, so he’s Swedish?”

I nodded and she smiled.

“I know a Swedish hockey player. He’s the Captain of the Avalanche”

I raised an eyebrow and she shrugged.

“Denver is boring, I go to hockey games”

Max laughed and looked at her.

“Do Josh and Andy know about this?” I asked.

She shushed me.

“No, don’t tell them either”

I laughed; Josh and Andy were our little brothers. Josh was 17, and Andy was 15.

“Remember how hurt they were when Mirella, Angie and Liv went to a Stars game”

Mirella and Angie were Max’s older sisters. Olivia was my older sister, the oldest. She was 26 years old. Mirella was in charge of the Dallas engineering business.
My family was pretty well off because we had three engineering locations. We had the first one located in Los Angeles, one located in Denver and in Dallas. My dad and uncle started their own business a long time ago. My dad was an architectural engineer, and my uncle was in charge of the business side. My mom helped with the business side as well because she did study it, but then she went to culinary school and became a chef. My cousin Angie had followed her footsteps.

“Who doesn’t remember that?” I asked as Amelia went back to painting my nails.

She laughed and then looked at Max.

“The testosterone levels are so low here”

He laughed and smiled.

“I’m used to it, just like home”

It’s true he was the only boy. He had all sisters, Mirella who was 27, Angie who was 26, Katia who was 17, and Carinawho was 15.

“Just sometimes Brianna can be a boy”

She laughed Brianna was our housemate. She was gross because she did not clean up after herself. To top it all of, she would bring random guys over and fuck them. Yes I say fuck because their moans didn’t let me sleep sometimes.

“I miss you guys, summer is going to be fun with you guys home”

Max smiled and nodded.

“Yup, but you’re going to be in Denver”

She looked at him.

“I fly to LA all the time. Dad makes me meet with him so we could talk”

I smiled; he used to do that will Olivia until she told him that her and Mirella had everything under control.

“You know what you have to do” I said.

She smiled.

“Not yet, I love daddy. I can’t exactly break him”

I smiled; it killed my dad that we were growing up. I was doing a double major in Business and Administration as well as Cogntive Science. I wanted to do my own thing and my dad didn’t mind that as long as I did a double major. He said as long as I knew the business side of it, I would be fine. Max was majoring in Chemical Engineering with a minor in Public Relations.

“We’re just a family that is successful and shit”

Amelia smiled and nodded.

“Damn right Maxy”

He frowned at her and she grinned.

“So since you’re dating a hockey player. Do you think you can throw in a good word for Angie?”

I laughed and Max shook his head.

“If she knew you were saying this, she’d have your head”

I nodded it’s true.

“We all know there was only one hockey player she was slightly interested in”

We laughed, James Neal. Back when he played with the Stars, basically when he was nobody. James and Angie had something going on, but she never told us.

“He’s a babe now, I wonder if she’s still interested. I know that Mirella was talking with Toews about setting Liv up with Jamie Benn”

I hummed lightly approving that relation. Mirella and Jonathan Toews as well as TJ Oshie went to college together. She actually finished school though.

“So Maxy, any girls? Boys?”

He looked at her.

“Nope, no girls or boys”

She hummed and looked at him.

“You need a person, someone who will make you smile”

“I smile a lot”

She laughed.

“What about the girl last summer?”

He made a face.

“She didn’t like BMX”

She gasped lightly and put her right hand over her heart. Max and Amelia were BMX cyclists. She then hummed and pushed her hair back.

“A girl will come, that one was obviously not the one”

“Just as a boy will come for you”

She nodded at him and looked at me.

“When is he coming back?”

“Who, Filip?” I asked.

She nodded.

“He’s going to be here in July for Rookie camp. I won’t be here though, so we will see each other early September” I said.

She smiled and nodded.

“So if things work out, we’ll meet him Thanksgiving?”

I forgot since Angie was in Nashville now with her restaurant we were all having it here. Max was done seeing Amelia ask questions though.

“Dude, leave her alone”

She pouted but dropped it. My phone lit up and Amelia looked at the screen.

“You guys snapchat, how cute”

“Paint her nails woman”

I laughed as she pouted again and hit Max’s arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy free slurpie day! I need to head over to 711 to get my free slurpie. Bye! Thanks for reading!