Status: Done

Love Bug

Forty Four

I posted this one and the one before today! Go read the other one if you have not!
-------
Emma’s POV- July 2015
I closed the door of my hotel room and Max glanced up from his laptop.

“Filip has been trying to get a hold of you all day”

I shrugged at him and sat on the bed.

“What exactly went on?”

“With what exactly?” I asked him.

“You can start from the beginning”

I nodded and let out a deep breath.

“So, my dad hasn’t spoken a word to me since I mentioned that Filip wanted to buy my plane ticket to Sweden” I said slipping off my shoes.

I looked at Max and he cocked his head to the side.

“What?”

I nodded.

“Filip offered to pay for the flight about a month ago, and my dad flipped” I said.

He raised an eyebrow.

“Why?”

I shrugged and he closed his laptop.

“I wish I knew” I said rubbing my forehead.

“That sucks”

I nodded and shrugged.

“Why’d you leave during brunch?”

I shook my head.

“I just didn’t want to be there. I was going to say something I didn’t mean, so I just left before it was said” I said.

Max stood up and sat next to me.

“Did you know Olivia is dating Jamie Benn?” I asked.

He shook his head and I nodded.

“Well they are dating, and my dad has no problem with that. He’s met Filip though and it’s like he hates him now” I said.

“Why do you say that?”

“I didn’t tell you but when we got back from school my dad started asking me about grad school” I said.

He raised an eyebrow.

“Why?”

I looked at him.

“He said he doesn’t want Filip influencing where I’ll end up getting my doctorate. How I will not become a housewife” I said.

He shook his head and laughed.

“You as a housewife, that’s pretty funny”

I nodded and he patted my shoulder.

“How he didn’t pay for school so I could be a housewife” I said.

He laughed and looked at me.

“No offense to Uncle Isaac but he doesn’t pay shit. You have a full scholarship because of your grades. Your room and board is paid because you’re an RA”

I nodded.

“How Liv and Lia had no boys in school” I said.

He laughed.

“He does know that th-”

I shushed him.

“That’s my sisters’ business not mine. I’m not going to throw them under the bus because they did some pretty nasty stuff in college” I said.

He nodded.

“If anything, you’re the innocent one. Olivia wasn’t a saint in college and Amelia was definitely not as well”

I nodded; my sisters had quite the reputations in their respective colleges. They were soroity girls who slept with a couple of guys. Well I was also in a sorority but I had chosen to be inactive the whole year. College is to experiment, and that’s exactly what my sisters did. My dad doesn’t know about this, and I wasn’t about to tell him.

“Why is Filip freaking out over you?”

I looked at him.

“I overreacted there. I’ll call him tomorrow” I said.

“Call him now”

I looked at Max’s phone and saw it was vibrating. He reached for it and I sighed when I saw it was Filip. Max looked at me and answered it.

“Hello”

He looked at me and nodded slowly as he put it on speaker. Filip was asking if anyone had found me by now.

“Yea man, she just got in”

Filip asked if he could talk to me, but there was a knock on the door.

“There’s actually someone at the door and I’m pretty sure it’s her dad. I’ll have her call you, I promise”

Filip agreed and they bid goodbye. Max looked at me.

“Fix this”

He opened the door and my dad looked at him.

“She’s all yours”

My dad stepped into the room and looked at me. I pushed my hair back and looked down at my feet.

“Mind if I sit?”

Max left the room and I shrugged. My dad sat down next to me and he let out a sigh.

“You’re much more mature than your sisters”

I looked at him and he chuckled.

“I thought I was going to have a couple of years of you hating boys”

I shrugged and looked at my hands.

“You know when you were born you were so tiny. The doctors said if you made it to the next day then you’d be good”

I nodded; I was born premature at 7 months.

“You were a fighter, you have been since then. You’re my little girl and I want what’s best for you. Filip makes you really happy, and it was selfish of me to say those things to you”

I nodded and he pushed my hair back.

“I don’t like seeing you cry, and I’m sorry that this was not a birthday for the books”

He let out a sigh.

“You know when I found out you needed hip surgery I freaked out. I thought I was going to lose you, and you were barely 18 then”

I looked at him.

“I thought you were going to defer your freshman year. Instead you said you’d do physical therapy there. Max was there with you, but you did it all on your own. I expected for you to call and tell me you wanted to come home. The phonecall never came, and you got a job so I wouldn’t pay for your room and board. You’re growing up and I didn’t want to accept it”

He let out a sigh and squeezed my kneecap.

“You met Filip at the end of your Sophmore year, and you had this big smile on your face. I haven’t seen that smile since you got back from school, and I’m to blame for that”

I looked at him.

“You can go to Sweden”

I shook my head.

“Filip said not to go anymore” I said.

He let out a sigh.

“You guys fought?”

I shook my head.

“He just told me that it’d be better to see each other in Nashville. He was going to get an early flight and all” I said.

He nodded and sighed.

“God, that guy is perfect isn’t he? He will not give me a reason to hate him”

I smiled and nodded.

“Work things out, and well you can fly to Sweden when you want”

I nodded and he opened his arms. I shifted and he gave me a tight hug.

“I love you Emma”

I nodded against his shoulder.

“Love you too Dad” I said.

He rubbed my back.

“I’ll leave so you can work things out with Filip”

I nodded and he stood up.

“We can go to a baseball game, just you and I when we get to LA?”

I nodded and smiled.

“Ok” I said.

He nodded and made his way out of the room. I let out a deep breath and turned on my phone. I tapped on the screen and put the phone against my ear.

“Hello?”

I smiled.

“Filip” I said.