The Inquisition

"He'll put Ole' blue eyes to shame"

Murph Duffy took a drag on his cigarette nervously. He didn't like being in the old meat packing joint, and he didn't like the fact that only a few rooms away, a man was being mutilated. His fellow mob members, Duke and Bull; were quite comfortable.
They were sitting in the break room, Duke reading a newspaper while Bull listened to a sportscast on the portable radio they had brought.

"How can you sit there and be all cool about this shite?" Murph asked, breaking the relative silence.

"Easy, it ain't me getting hemmed up in there." replied Duke, "That fucker has had this shit coming to him for a long time, fucking with the Boss's money and all."

"Will ye soggy twats shutup for a fuckin' second?! I'm trying to hear the game! I got a thousand ridin' on the Red Sox! So either shut it, or kindly go fuck off somewhere else eh?! Bull shouted at them.

Duke shrugged and went back to his paper, Murph sighed and fished out another cigarette.
He only chain smoked when he knew something bad was going on, something wasn't right.

"I'm gonna go check out the area, take a walk and all," he said, getting up from his seat as he lit up the smoke.

'Suit yerself, but Gavin said don't go too far just in case," Duke said, then chuckled to himself.

"Hey ye arseholes! I told ye to keep it the fuck down eh? And just what the fuck is damned funny over there?!"

Duke still chuckling, pointed at a comic strip in the newspaper, "Here chum, read this here."
Bull snatched the paper from his hands, and after a brief moment of reading it over; burst out laughing himself, "Ha! That shite is funny! Oh for fucks sake Duke, you made me miss the pitch!"

Bull tossed the newspaper back to Duke and turned up the radio, "If I lose my money, It'll be bollicks for me!"

"Hey Murph, while yer out, get me a soda will ye?" Duke asked as he turned through the pages of the newspaper .

"Jaysis Duke, could you do that any louder?!"

"Shut the fuck up Bull, and listen to your bloody broadcast eh?!"

"Well I can't very well do that when ye are over there making a fuckin' racket like ye are!"

Duke grumbled to himself and with a sense of sarcasm, daintlly turned the pages of the paper, "Can ye do that for me chum?"
Murph sighed and rubbed his face with his hands, "Yeah man, yeah I can do that for ye."

"Thanks eh?'

Murph turned to leave, flicking his cigarette away after lighting up another.

"Ye don't suppose the Inquisitor's done do ye?" Duke asked Bull.

"Naw man, he's good; but not that fuckin' good. Joey "Nails" Ferelli is a tough bastard. As much of a sneaky lil hooer that he is, he won't talk without a fight eh?"

Duke shrugged, "Yeah, but I mean; how much can a man take? Boss Conner told Gavin to get this guy, this Mr. Chambers. When the Boss recommends someone for a specific job, he knows what he's talking about."
Bull waved him off with his hand, "They're a dying breed; those inquisitors. Not many are left, that is why they are so god danmed expensive to hire. He better be worth the fuckin' money I tell ye."

"Don't worry chum, I'll bet you twenty-dollars he'll have that cunt singing like a bird. Why, he'll put Ole' Blue Eyes to shame with the song he'll sing. Ye just wait and see mate."

"Shh..shut up for a sec!" Bull hissed, giving another wave of his hand, "C'mon ye bastard, c'mon! Run, run ye arsehole!"
The radio announcer was shouting excitedly into the microphone, the crowd going wild.
"Yes! Yes, ye beautiful fuck, get home! Ye can do it!" Bull screamed, jumping up and down.

"And he's....SAFE!!!" the announcer screamed.

"Oh fuck yeah eh?! Fuckin' amazin! I'm a rich sonuvabitch! We gotta winner here eh?!" Bull screamed as he danced around the room excitedly.

Duke rolled his eyes, "The game ain't over yet you prick! Sit down and shut up!"