‹ Prequel: True Feelings
Status: In writing

It Only Takes One Mistake

Chapter 9

Leo - Come on Cia. You need to get out of this room.
Cia - I don't want to.
Leo - I understand that you're sad, but you need some fresh and to clear up your mind.
Cia - It's clear. I just want to stay here a little bit.
Leo - You keep saying that for a week now. Everyone misses you so open the door so we could finally see you.
Cia - I don't want to.
Leo - You looked fine Ciara, if it's bothering you just tell me.
Cia - That's just it Leo. I looked fine, but that doesn't mean I am fine.
Leo - Cia... please open the door so we could talk.

I got up and went to unlock the door which I quickly opened and smiled.

Cia - Like what you see?

And then quickly I shut the door close again, but of course Leo still came in. I looked through the window so he wouldn't see my face anymore, because I definitely looked like a freak. I kept looking until Leo hugged me from behind.

Leo - Ciara... I'm so sorry that I even don't know what to say.
Cia - It's not your fault Leo. I'll be fine, I just need to suck it up.
Leo - You know you're not alone in this right?
Cia - I know.
Leo - You can count on me no matter what, I'm your best friend after all.
Cia - Yeah you are.
Leo - I'll help you through this.
Cia - Thank you Leo.
Leo - So what do you say we go downstairs to get some snacks?
Cia - Sounds good.

He released me and we went downstairs. Antonella and Thiago were eating, but both of them quickly looked up.

Antonella - Ciara! Finally you got out of that room!
Cia - I guess I did.

We sat down and started eating some salad that Anto made. I looked around and someone was missing.

Cia - Where's Diego?
Leo - Oh Gerard took him to his place until you would feel better.
Cia - Oh that's nice of him.
Leo - I could drive you there after we finish eating if you would like.
Cia - If it's no trouble
Leo - Of course it's no trouble.
Cia - Thanks...

I can see how carefully they are trying to talk to me and that's annoying. It's not like I'm a fragile baby or something. I went to wash my plate and Anto followed me.

Anto - I can see that you're annoyed.
Cia - No I'm not.
Anto - That's a lie.
Cia - Okay fine. It's just that both of you are talking to me like to a hopeless baby and that gets on my nerves. I know that I need help with some things, but still I'm not going to die if you talk to me normally.
Anto - We didn't mean to. It's just that both of us are afraid to tell you something which you might not like when you're in this position.
Cia - Well don't be afraid. I won't burst into flames.
Anto - We'll try our best then.
Cia - I would really like that.

I finished washing the dishes and went to change clothes so Leo could drive me to pick up Diego. I went downstairs and Lionel was already waiting for me.

Leo - You ready?
Cia - Yeah let's go.

We got into his car and he drove off. I feel a little nervous about going to his house and I don't know why. I guess the all having a child thing is kinda new for me, I hope that's why I'm feeling nervous. Me and Leo talked a little bit until we got to his house. Lionel said that he will stay in the car. I'll try to be quick then. I knocked on the door and it Gerard immediately opened it like he was standing next to it.

Gerard - Oh Ciara, it's nice to see you.
Cia - Hi Gerard. I'm here to take Diego back to me.
Gerard - Won't you stay a little bit?

Shit what do I say? I don't really want to.

Cia - I'd love to stay for a little bit, but Leo is waiting in the car.
Gerard - I'm sure he won't mind, I could drive you myself later. I'll call him and tell him.

I just smiled at his response. I guess I'm stuck here for a little while. I took of my jacket and shoes and went to search for Diego. He was playing with some cars in the living room.

Cia - Hi Diego.
Diego - Mommy? You are back!
Cia - Yes I am.
Diego - Where were you?
Cia - I was a little sick, but now I'm alright. Did you have fun with daddy?
Diego - Yes! He has a lot of cars that I can play with. They are really cool look!

I played a little with him and it felt so good to do this. I really like doing stuff together with him.

Gerard - I see both of you are having fun.
Cia - I really missed him.
Gerard - Who could not miss this little guy.
Cia - Yeah...
Gerard - So what do you wanna do?
Cia - I don't know... Everything is fine I guess.

This felt a little awkward.

Gerard - You want something to drink?
Cia - I'd like some tea if it's not too much trouble.
Gerard - It's fine. You can watch some TV while I go make some.

He went to the kitchen and I sat down on the couch watching the TV remote closely. What the heck to I press?! There are too many buttons. I can't stand not remembering these kinda of stuff. Like really. Who the fuck forgets how to turn on the TV? I just decided to play with Diego.

Gerard - Don't you know how to turn on the TV?
Cia - Actually no.
Gerard - Come on sit down. I'll turn it on.

I slowly sat down and he sat down very close to me. It feels so uncomfortable. I know I told him that we should try again, but now it feel a little weird.

Gerard - So how have you been?
Cia - Alright I guess.
Gerard - You seem a little nervous.
Cia - Nervous? I definitely don't feel nervous.
Gerard - Good because I couldn't do this.

And with that he kissed me, but I pushed him away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Paola1994 and Jayme11224 for your comments!