Puzzle of a Misfit

Concert Romance

It's been weeks since my birthday.Punk and I were closer than ever, every second of spare time I had was spent with him.This caused sleepovers on the bus with him and Kofi. I enjoyed every single kiss, touch and word that came from him.My anxiety of losing everything was more noticeable everyday.He was starting to notice my stormy expressions when I thought or the sadness whenever I pressed my face against the cold glass of a window, looking out at the world like it was my enemy.

Momentarily I forgot about my troubles when I thought about where we are going tonight.The concert.I know it might not seem important to anyone else but they are my neverland when the world gets to me.I know what your thinking; it's just music.I know that; it makes it so carefree and it should stay that way but Maroon 5 always lifted my spirits from the collapsing world around me.It was the only thing that made me sane; it was my constant.

With my diva's championship title still at my side I dominated the division.I didn't want that, I wanted a challenge, I need someone to help elevate the division.The only way fans are going to be interested in the diva's division is because there is a feud that's explosive.That will capture everyone's attention but the divas backstage don't they just put on pretty little outfits doing nothing.Some want to change it but they don't want to take risks to do it so instead they stay still watching every single opportunity go by.

Currently I was waiting for Punk to get changed.And people think girls take forever to get ready.I think he's trying to prepare himself mentally for 2 hours of Maroon 5.Lately I've been putting on the albums to show him what he's going to be put through.He likes some of the songs, I caught him humming them but I think the others are way too happy for him to handle.So I appreciate that he's is going out of his comfort zone in fact I love him for it.I'm just scared to say it.

I am dressed in blue jeans that have holes in the knees put together with a 'Songs about Jane' t-shirt. Instead of my usual converse I paired my outfit with black combat boots.I didn't really know what to wear at a concert, not that I really cared.

"Come on princess your carriage awaits" I shouted to him through the bathroom door.I had rented a car for the night to get to the arena and to go and get food after we meet the band."I am not a princess, princess" he replied finally walking out of the room."Whatever helps you sleep at night" I told him smirking as I walked to the blue car I was renting.I could almost feel him making faces at me behind me so I swayed my hips a bit more than usual, just to tease him.A smirk graced my lips as I heard him groan in defeat.

After an hour of my reckless driving we arrived at the arena.Phil came out the car with a look of dizziness on his face most likely caused by my driving."Solid non-moving ground" he exclaimed joyfully leaning down kissing it."I'm not that bad" I pouted in defence of my driving skills "I just like to go a bit faster than everyone else"."A bit" he scoffed locking his hand with mine.I never knew such an innocent action could feel so intimate.

Excitement bubbled within me as we were standing front row.I stood with my head leaning onto Punk's shoulder with his hand around my waist.We hummed to some the songs I even caught him tapping his foot.It's not that I didn't like the opening acts it was just that I wanted to see my favourite band.

The room turned dark as the stage lit up in neon red.Anticipation ran through me as I heard the first strum of a guitar and beat of the drum.Lights came on shadowing the presence of the musicians that saved me.Excitedly I tugged on Phil's jacket like an excited child.Even though I wasn't looking at him I knew that had that cute little amused smile on his face.

'You and I go hard at each other like we're going to war.
You and I go rough, we keep throwing things and slamming the door.
You and I get so damn dysfunctional, we stopped keeping score.
You and I get sick, yeah, I know that we can't do this no more.'

As the lead singer; Adam Levine belted out the start of the song my heart pounded listening to the drums which sounded like my heart beat.One of my idol's eyes moved along the crowd, as they reached me Adam winked at me with a cheeky smile on his face.I could feel Phil's fingers digging deeper into my hip.That could only mean one thing; he was jealous.That thought of me being with anyone else but him sounded alien to me.Stupid I thought shaking my head, but he's my stupid.

In between songs they would do random riffs on guitars.Sometimes James, my second favourite guitarist would battle it out with Adam in between songs.Unlike the people around me, I would watch the other band members to.That sounded way less creepier in my head.

Just as the concert was about to end an expected song came on.I wasn't really one for slow songs but this one was an exception.The slow melody of the acoustic guitar played throughout the arena causing everyone to get their phones out for the beloved song.

'Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else'

My gaze locked with Phil's warm brown eyes that are looking not at me but in my soul.Slowly our bodies came together, my hands sliding around his neck, his hands hugging my waist.Reaching up to his ear I whispered the words of my affections slowly in his ear "I love you,Catwoman".Pulling back down slowly I seen the swirling emotions in his eyes.Instead of answering me he brought his lips to mine kissing me so lovingly I knew he felt the same."I've always loved you, my little protégé" he whispered with his hot breath on my forehead.

As the song come to end I realized we were in our own little bubble.It was just us in a room full of thousands of people.That had never happened before it was strange but I loved it, I loved him.
Our exposed feelings created a new dimension for us.All the touches, kisses had a new deeper meaning to them than they did before.It gave a sense of relief knowing that the other person felt the same.Knowing that the person you have fell for feels the same about you.

We met the band.They were all so cool, I felt like I was back in high school because of all the goofy things we did.Phil was a bit up tight to Adam because of him flirting with me but after a while he stopped after he realized I was with Punk.They were like the brothers I never had so I ended up getting their phone numbers.They told me to call them whenever I could hang out or if I needed something.

Tonight was something I never thought I could have; assurance of love.My insecurities were still there but they were fading at an amazing speed.But I still have a little piece in my mind that will always be sensitive to love or friendship.Now they are placed at the back of my mind waiting for the perfect opportunity to come out again.