‹ Prequel: Is He for Me?

He Has My Heart

Chapter Nineteen: Frazzled

Rileys POV

The following week I had everything back on track. I was finally feeling better about things.
The wedding was only a month away now, but I was surprisingly calm. Everything was falling into place.
I had finally sorted everything out with the venue. The hotel that we were having the reception in had their function room on the top floor that would give a 360 view of the city and the beach. The hotel, conveniently was on the beach and I was going to have the ceremony on the sand. It worked out really well, cause us girl would stay at the hotel the weekend of the wedding and we can all stay there afterwards. As well as clean up during. Can't really wear heels on the beach, but I would like to for the reception and get the sand off our dresses.
It was going to be amazing.
Today was the fittings for the bridesmaids dresses and the groomsman's tux's. Ashley had already left with the guys. I told him I already had picked them out, ready to go. Ash pretty much had no say, but he was fine with it.
I was leaving now to meet the girls at the fitting to finally reveal the dresses. Kimber had been hounding me about them for the last month. Maybe she'll shut up now.
Kimber and Juliet were waiting outside the store for me to arrive.
I parked my car and joined them at the front.
"Hey guys, where's Ella and Sammi?"
"They're on their way. Ella just texted me" Juliet said, putting her phone away.
"Okay, good" I said, hugging them both.
"They need to hurry up cause I wanna see these God damned dresses!" Kimber whined.
"I know! You have been on my back about it for the last month. Will you shut up today?"
"If I like them, sure" Kimber said smirking.
I rolled my eyes at her. "So Juliet, I'm so sorry about bailing on dinner last week. I was just going through a hard time" I said apologetically.
"It's all good sweetie. It gave me and Andy some time to kind of catch up" Juliet said half smiling.
"What do you mean by that?" Kimber asked.
"Well I don't know. Andy has been a little off lately. Like he has been so busy with I don't know what. Has barely spent any time with me. He's just been really distant. I have a feeling its cause your getting married, cause he said something about you being with Ashley" she said looking at me. "I'm not sure. I just hope it passes" she said breathing a heavy sigh.
I hugged her again. "It'll be okay. I know he loves you. I could to talk to him if you want?" I offered.
"Thanks, maybe you'll be able to get something out of him."
That was going to be interesting. Talking to my ex boyfriend about me getting married to his best friend. I should have thought this through more.
Luckily Ella and Sammi finally arrived to break the mood. We walked in together and could finally start trying these on.
"Kimber!" I yelled to get her attention. "As my maid of honour, you are going to model the dress for the rest of these lovely ladies" I said gesturing to them like a game show host. They all laughed at my horrible hosting.
I pushed Kimber into the change room and I heard her scream when the shop assistant brought in the dress.
"Riley, it's gorgeous! It's something you would wear" she said though the curtain.
"Hurry up! We wanna see Kimmie!" Sammi said impatiently.
The curtain was drawn back and I watched the girls faces turn to shock.
The dress was a deep blood red, that was strapless with sweetheart neckline. It hugged the bust then flowed down to the floor from the waist. The bust had black beading in a curled like pattern. It was a dress I would wear. I was almost jealous, but then I remembered the beautiful lace wedding dress I would get to wear and would hopefully make Ashleys jaw drop.
They all tried on their dresses and were sent off to get altered. I'm was just relieved that no one complained.
When I got home, Andys car was parked next to Ashleys. I said I would talk to him, but I didn't want to now! Maybe Ashley was talking to him.
I walk into the house to see Andy and Ashley in the lounge room. Both in a frazzled state.
Ash looked up upon hearing my entrance and came up to hug me.
"Ash, whats wrong?" I said stroking his back.
"Can you deal with him. He's doing my fucking head in and I can't take it anymore. I just can't!" He said, yelling the last part towards Andy,
Ashley stormed off upstairs leaving me with him.
"I-I didn't mean to upset him" he said shakily.
"Andy, what's going on with you? I had Juliet saying to me today that you have been distant. And then I come home to this" I said a little annoyed.
"Its got nothing to do with Juliet. I love her, but my ex girlfriend is getting married to my best friend and I don't know why its bothering me" he said putting his head in his hands.
"Andy, we didn't end our relationship on a good note. You know? It was hard for us to get back to a place where we could actually be friends. Maybe you're just seeking closure from our relationship. You said it yourself that you weren't ready for me to move on when me and Ash first got together." I said, trying to level with him.
"Yeah, maybe" he said looking up at me.
"Andy, you moved on though and Juliet cares for you so much. She fucking loves you and what you're doing right now it what you were doing to me! Please don't do that to her! Can't you see how different it is with her than it was with me! I loved you, yes, but we fell without wings. We weren't meant to last. You're over thinking this, you know that right?"
"Yeah, you're right. I'm over thinking this" he said getting up from the couch. He stalked over to me and took my hand in his. "Riley, I think I still love you."