‹ Prequel: Is He for Me?

He Has My Heart

Chapter Twenty: Acting out

Andys POV

Rileys face went from angry to confused to frustrated, then angry again.
"What do you mean, you think you still love me? What does that even mean Andy?! You know you make no sense right? Better yet, you think it's appropriate to drop this bomb on me a month before I get married!"
"W-well I-I just wanted you to know how I f-feel" I stammered.
"You don't feel that way Andy. I'm not trying to tell you how to feel, but I know you and when you feel insecure you act out! I really don't need this right now, nor does Ashley. What did you say to him?!" She demanded.
"I just said that I have had feelings for you and that..."
"That what?!" She said through her teeth.
"That I didn't want him to get married to you" I said nervously.
"You're an asshole! You know that! Get out of our house! Go home to Juliet and sort your shit out instead of running away from it! How dare you say that to Ashley! We are getting married no matter what" she said pushing me out the house.
She slammed the door in my face and felt the warm spring breeze on my face.
I felt horrible. Why did I do that? Why did I tell them? Am I really jealous? Do I love Riley? AARRGGGHHH! So many questions unanswered! Maybe I should just talk to Juliet and reconnect with her. I've probably already fucked up everything I possibly can with Riley. She was right though. Juliet loved me. I needed to fix this.
I got in my car and sped towards my house where Juliet was anxiously waiting for me to come home.
"Andy! Where have you been all this time, I have been so worried" she said getting up from the couch.
"I was just at Ashleys. I just needed to talk."
"Well you can talk to me" she said giving me puppy dog eyes.
"I know. I've just been feeling so off lately!"
"I can tell. Whats on your mind?" She said pulling me over to the couch.
"Just Ashley and Riley are getting married and I'm not sure if I'm okay with it" I explained to her. "I don't know if this is just stirring up old feelings for Riley or if they are real."
Juliets face looked troubled. I could tell she was searching for something to say.
"Andy... Have you had feelings for her the whole time that we have been together?" She asked calmly.
I thought about it. "No."
"Well, maybe you don't have feelings for her. Maybe you're feeling like this cause its Ash. He's always been like a big brother to you and now he's growing up and getting married. Do you think your feelings for Riley are getting confused with your feelings towards losing Ash?"
She actually made a good point.
I looked down at the 'Dragonfly' tattoo that was on my hand that I had gotten for Juliet, then looked up at her face.
"I don't care anymore. You're all that matters. Lets forget about them for a moment cause I just want to be with you."
Her face soften and relief washed over her. She flung her arms around me and nuzzled her face in my neck.
"I love you Andy. I don't ever want to lose you."
"I love you too, I'm sorry to put you through this. What do you say to going away this weekend? I think we need it" I said pulling her into my lap to cradle her in my arms. I felt her nod and I hugged her tighter.

Ashleys POV

The hug I gave Riley might be the last. I can't believe Andy didn't want me to get married to Riley! What was I meant to do? Call it off? What if he wants Riley back? Would Riley leave me for him? I have never been so happy in my life and she could quite possibly walk away from me.
I heard the front door slam and I couldn't stop the tears escaping me. She had left me!
I curled myself up on the bed screamed into a pillow.
"Ash! Ash! Hey,its okay, he's gone! Baby, please look at me!" I heard Riley say with a worried tone.
I felt her hands rub my arms trying to comfort me. "Ashley, I'm here, please, please stop crying!" Her own voice cracking.
I let go of the pillow and looked her kneeling on the ground in front of me.
"I thought you..." I trailed off, to upset to even think about the rest of that sentence.
"Never. I love you so much. I could never hurt you like that" she said, trying not to burst into tears. "Ash, I never see you cry and I never want to see you this upset ever again."
I pulled her up and I hugged her again.
"I'm sorry. When Andy came to me he said he wanted to talk about you. I never thought it would be that. Does he really still love you?" I asked, afraid of the answer.
"No. I don't think he does. I honestly think he just can't process us getting married" she said, wiping the tears off my face. "I'll call Juliet tomorrow. I kind of kicked him out."
"Good. He deserved it" I said with a small smile.
I pulled Riley in again for another hug. I just didn't want to ever think about her walking away from me.