‹ Prequel: Is He for Me?

He Has My Heart

Chapter Twenty Eight: I guess I snapped

Ashleys POV

I looked at the caller I.D. for a second longer. What do I say? Do I tell her?
I thought about ignoring her call, but she'd know something was up.
"Hey Riles" I said nervously.
"Hey babe, did you get my text earlier?" She said sounding a little nervous herself.
"Umm, yeah. Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply. I got distracted. I'm glad you're okay though, I was getting worried."
"Me too. I shouldn't let my anxiety get in the way of things. It was weird though, this morning I went down to the bar and my ex was working there as well! But he actually managed to be civil to me" she said letting out what sounded like a forced laugh.
I let her words sink into me for a minute. I was so worried about her bailing on the wedding that I completely overlooked the fact that her ex practically gave her a lap dance last night! Which is more action than I got! Then she ran into him again! I should have no problem telling her about running into Kina.
"More than I can say about my ex. I still hate her guts. She still tries to seduce me! I had to tell her that I'm getting married tomorrow and she still thinks we can have sex" I said casually, acting like its not a big deal.
"Ash, did you see her last night?" She said sounding skeptical.
"Well, not so much last night. More this morning. Apparently I was passed out somewhere and she took me home" I said trying to keep it light.
"What the fuck Ashley! You let her stay the night? What were you thinking?! Do you understand that I am at breaking point, this is not what I need right now!"
"Riley! Fucking hell, listen to me! NOTHING! HAPPENED! I DIDN'T LET HER STAY! I promise you, I don't even remember getting home! She said I passed out on the couch and that was it! I kicked her out as soon as I woke up! And you shouldn't be making a big deal of this! You had your stripper ex boyfriend give you a fucking LAP DANCE! And I didn't make a big fucking deal about it! Do you really think I'm not stressing out! You're so fucking hot and cold sometimes and it drives me crazy! I put up with all your bullshit! All your anxiety! We have been through so much together and you still don't trust me! Honestly Riley, I thought we were stronger than this! I would never let Kina come between us! Just like I know you wouldn't let your ex come between us! God! I fucking love you and this is what I get!" My heart was racing by the end of my rant. I had never lashed out at Riley like that. I had always held back and been compassionate with her. I guess I snapped.
She was quiet for a moment. Letting my words process.
"I-Is that how you f-feel? That y-you have to put up with my bullshit?" She said sounding hurt and like she was going to cry.
I sighed "Look, bullshit was the wrong word, just I feel like I do so much for you and I'll always be there for you. You have so little faith in me, I'm offended by that. Riley in the whole time I have known you I have never felt so sure of anyone. I have not once cheated on you or thought about being with anyone else. And you know my attitude towards Kina, you know that I wouldn't sleep with her" I said trying to redirect our argument.
I heard her sigh and sniffle. "I'm sorry. I-I didn't know I was offending you. That wasn't my intention. I don't want you to feel that way. You're right... About everything..." She said sadly.
Those were words you didn't hear from Riley often. Her admitting that I was right was kind of a milestone.
"I shouldn't have reacted that way. You... You're so understanding and caring and I-I just always w-worry that I'm not good enough for you. I thought you would get bored of me. I thought you'd want to go back to your old ways" she said. I could tell she was trying to hold back a sob.
I couldn't help but chuckle at the last part. "Riles, if I wanted to go back to my old ways I wouldn't have stayed with you this long. I actually love you and I want to spend my life with you. So can we please forget all this. You know that nothing happened, right?"
"I know. Y-You just mean everything to me. You're all I've got. I only react this way cause everything I've ever had has slipped away from me" she said swallowing hard.
"I'm not going anywhere. Never."
I heard her let out a sob, but I didn't say anything further.
"Neither am I" she said after about a minute.
I smiled. "I love you doll."
"I love you too Ash. More than you'll ever know."
My smile grew upon hearing her say that.
As much as I was angry and frustrated with her, I still loved her.
"Well I better let you go. I'm sure you have wedding stuff to do today."
"I suppose. I just feel bad. Make up sex?" She said chuckling softly.
"Tomorrow doll. Not long now, but I'll hold you to it" I said shaking my head.
"Ditto. Okay, well I better go. I'll see you tomorrow?"
"I'll be waiting" I said before hanging up.
"Well that could have gone better" I muttered to myself.
Leave it to me and Riley to destroy and rebuild our relationship in one phone call.

Rileys POV

I sighed and looked down at my phone. Over the course of the phone call I had curled up on my bed trying to hold myself together.
Ashley was right though. I have such little faith in him. How did I not trust him? We have been through so much together. He has proved his loyalty to me over and over. He saved my life. I owed him everything.
I looked up when I heard someone knock on my door.
"Riley, it's Juliet. Can I come in?" She called.
"Yeah hun."
"Hey, umm, everything okay? I swear I heard you crying."
I wiped my cheek uncomfortably. My tears had dried, but it felt like they were still there.
"No, no. I'm fine. Umm, are we heading down to the spa soon?" I asked changing the subject.
"Yeah, we'll be leaving soon. Might want to get ready."
"Sure."
She gave me a small smile and left my room. I got up and locked the door so I could have a cigarette without anyone bothering me. Luckily I didn't smoke all of them last night. I easily could have.
Once I had my third smoke I went back inside to get dressed. Hopefully Juliet wouldn't share her worries with the other girls.

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!" The girls chanted while jumping on my bed.
I rolled over and tried to pull the covers over my head.
"Riley! You have to get up! We can't let you sleep in any longer!" Kimber yelled at me as ripped the covers off my body.
They were all showered and ready for hair and make-up.
"Okay, okay, I'm up! Did the dresses get delivered?" I asked brushing my hair before I got in the shower.
"Yep, they came about ten minutes ago. They look perfect. You're dress looks amazing Riley! Can't wait to see it on!" Sammi said leaning against the doorway.
"Awesome. Now if you guys don't mind, I need to shower" I said ushering them out.
Before I could push Kimber out, she grabbed me and shut the door.
"Whats wrong?" She demanded.
"Nothing, just stressed. I've got a lot on my mind."
"Yeah, but you're meant to be happy! You were so distant yesterday. What happened that you're not telling me?"
I sighed. She's my best friend, she knows me too well.
"Me and Ashley had a fight yesterday and he lashed out at me. Which is fine cause everything he said was true. I just feel bad. He has always been loyal to me and I still doubt his trust to me. We sorted stuff out in our way, but I still feel terrible for thinking the worst" I said putting my head in my hands.
Kimber hugged my torso. "Sweetie, its okay. You guys were meant for each other. It'll work out. There's still a wedding..." She thought about her words for a second. "Isn't there?"
"Yes, there's still a wedding. We'll be okay, I just hate this happening right before our wedding. I-I just don't feel up to it."
"Okay sweetie, maybe if you start getting ready you'll perk up. That and if you don't start now we're gonna run late" She said pushing me into the bathroom.
After my shower I walked out into the main area in a robe to make sure everything was going smoothly.
The girls were starting to get their make-up done and one of the artists were waiting for me. I sat back in the chair and let her work her magic.
I watched the other girls get ready in silence. Kimber could see that I wasn't in the mood to talk.
It was time to move onto my hair and I had it styled so that my hair was braided to the side. The braid stopped behind my ear and left the rest of my hair in lose curls.
I looked at the other girls and their hair was getting done in a low, messy bun. Their hair was curled first, then pinned to get the messy look.
Soon after they were putting on their dresses. They all looked so amazing.
"Guys, you look so beautiful" I said fanning my face.
"Sweetie, it's your day. Go put on your dress, then you'll see who looks beautiful" Kimber said pushing me into the bedroom.
The dress slipped on like a glove. Perfectly fitting my body and hugging my curves.
I added small diamond studs and I made the necklace that Ashley gave me, into a bracelet. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt like crying.
The girls were looking at me in awe.
"I'm glad you went with the pale pink lipstick. Red would have been to harsh" Ella said.
"Yeah, goes better with the dress" I said.
"It's time. You ready to get married?" Kimber asked with a smile spreading on her face.
I nodded. "Lets go."