‹ Prequel: Is He for Me?

He Has My Heart

Chapter Twenty Nine: I love you

Ashleys POV

"Ashley! CC! The limo is here! We got to go!" Jinxx called from downstairs.
I sighed as I re-tied my bow tie again. My hands kept shaking, keeping me from getting it right.
"Here Ash, let me do it" CC said standing in front of me.
"Thanks" I said frustrated.
"Ash, its okay to be nervous. I know I was, but you're worrying about nothing. Trust me" he said smoothing the silk of the bow tie. "There."
"CC, its not that I'm nervous, we just had a fight yesterday morning. I just feel off. I love her and everything, but she thought that I would go back to my old ways" I said smoothing my tux. The white shirt was neatly tucked into the black tux.
"Ash, come on, to be completely honest, I didn't think it would get this far. Once you proposed to her I thought, shit, maybe he has changed. So I don't blame her."
"But she was still thinking that yesterday!" I said getting agitated.
"Ash, if she really thought that, she wouldn't be marrying you. She knows that you haven't cheated on her. You running into Kina wasn't a big deal an-"
"But she made it a big deal" I said cutting him off.
"Ashley! CC! We have to go! Now!" Jinxx called again.
"In a sec!" CC called back. "Ashley, I think you need to sort this out with Riley."
"I know, I do. Just are we doing the right thing? You know, by getting married" I said pacing the room.
"Ashley, you are! She's just afraid of losing you. Don't reassure her by walking out" he said trying to keep me calm.
"No, I would never walk out on her."
"Then lets get you married. You guys will sort it out and everything will be fine" CC said pushing me out the door and downstairs.
Andy, Jinxx and Jake were waiting in the foyer for us to join them. All looking very sharp in their all black tuxs and dark red bow ties.
"About time guys. Were gonna be late" Jake said opening the front door.
We all filed into the limo and poured ourselves some champagne.
"A toast. To Ashley, who we thought would always be our drunk man whore, is now getting married, cheers!" Andy said motioning everyone to clink their glasses.
"Thanks man" I said giving him a small smile.
I was thankful that no one questioned my distant attitude. I didn't want to explain everything again, like I did to CC. I was hoping I wouldn't feel like this all day. All me and Riley needed was to start our marriage off in a fight.
We arrived at the venue and we were instructed to wait in the hotel bar until all the guests arrived. All our families and close friends. Hopefully not too many fans. We had to keep our plans pretty hush hush.
After ten minutes, Kimber came down from the hotel room in a robe.
"CC!" She screamed upon seeing him. "Don't kiss me! Make up is done, please don't ruin it"
"Later then" he said cheekily.
"Hey Ash, how you doing?" She asked carefully.
"I'm okay. Can I ask how Riley is?"
She looked to see if the guys were paying attention to us before pulling me away.
"She's okay. Been distant. She feels really bad Ash. She hates that she thought the worst about you. I don't know what happened exactly, I'm guessing a trust issue, but sweetie everything will be fine. I've never seen her like this though, she's half asleep while they're doing her hair."
"Look, I know I could have handled it better, but she was making a big deal of nothing. I just want her to trust me" I said remembering the argument.
"Ashley, she does trust you! She's just afraid of losing you! Don't you get it?! Everything she has ever loved has failed her. In her mind, she expects it to happen again."
What Kimber was saying actually made sense.
"I know. She mentioned something like that yesterday, but I get what you're saying."
"Okay good. Well I better go get dressed, Riley doesn't know I left" she said walking towards CC for a quick goodbye.
Shortly after I was asked by our wedding planner to take my place at the alter, while the guys stayed at the hotel bar.
Walking out to the beach, I got to see what Riley had actually organised.
There were rows of chairs with white covers and a dark red sash around each of them. The guests that occupied them gave me adoring smiles and waves. I spotted Andy's parents sitting in the second row.
The alter was a canopy draped with white cloth and the posts were covered in different types of white flowers. It was so romantic and elegant, it reminded me of our first real date.
To one side of the guests their was our wedding procession band, which was made of acoustic guitars which started to softly play over the sounds of the ocean.
I joined the priest on the alter and tried to compose myself as best as possible.
The priest motioned for everyone to hush and let the acoustic guitars fill the air.
Down the aisle Jinxx and Sammi were first, followed by Jake and Ella, Andy and Juliet then CC and Kimber. CC nudged me, giving me a smile. I smiled back and nudged his ribs.
The music changed into the wedding march and the guests rose from their seats as the bride emerged.
It was like everything that I was worried about melted away. Like time had stopped. It was just me and Riley. No one else was there. All I wanted to do was say I'm sorry. She was my everything.
She finally reached the alter, giving Kimber her bouquet of white roses and taking my hands.
"I'm sorry" she mouthed under the veil.
"I'm sorry too" I mouthed back.
For majority of the ceremony we weren't paying any attention to the priest. We simply gazed into each others eyes, having this silent conversation.
How could I have been so stupid. I knew how she would react, regardless of her situation.
We were pulled from our gaze when the priest addressed me for the vows and then for the 'I do's'.
"I do" I said simply. I watched Rileys cheeks turn red as her eyes flickered to the ground and back to me.
"Riley Alice James, do you take Ashley Abrocket Purdy as your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, till death do you part?"
"I do" she said smiling at me. Her emerald eyes fixed on mine as we exchanged rings.
"By the power invested in me and the state of California, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."
I gently pulled the veil over her head and kissed her softly.

We got a moment alone when we headed back into the hotel. Riley removed her veil, dusted off her dress and changed her shoes. Once all the girls had changed into their high heels and left us alone her eyes went glassy.
"I'm so sorry Ashley. I shouldn't have doubted you. I should have trusted you. I'm such an idiot" she said sitting on the edge of the bed, putting her head in her hands
I took her hands off her face, wiping away a fresh tear and pulled her up so she was standing in front of me.
"Did I tell you, you look absolutely stunning" I said ignoring her second apology.
She blushed deeply and tried to hide her face in my chest.
"Riles, you know I'm sorry too, but I'm glad you feel that way."
"What like an idiot?" She said into my chest.
"No, but its okay. Riles, lets move past this. We have forever to argue about more stupid things, like when we have sex and where we have sex." I said laughing at myself.
She laughed at me and shook her head. "I missed you."
"Its only been two days."
"Yeah, but I think I feel better with you around."
"Glad to hear that" I said pulling her into a hug.
"Come on, we better get upstairs. They are going to introduce us for our first dance soon" Riley said pulling me towards the door.
"Aww, can't we skip the reception and go straight to the honeymoon?" I whined.
"Someones horny, so no" she said giggling.
We headed upstairs to the reception centre, but we couldn't go inside yet. From what I could see through the door, Riley had decked it out in red and white roses. The centerpieces were large glass candelabras that hung tealight candles and had red roses bunched around the base. I think we beat CC and Kimbers wedding.
They finally introduced us into the reception and I took Riley into the centre of the dance floor. For our first dance I had organised Christina Perri and Jason Mraz to perform the duet version of A Thousand Years. Riley didn't know I had asked them to perform it, so when they started playing it live, Riley freaked.
"Oh my God, what the actual hell! Ashley! Did you do this?!" She said trying to compose herself.
I couldn't hide the smug smile from my face "Surprise" I said simply.
She lay her head on my chest and everyone watched us in adoration.

Later we had the speeches. It made me nervous that Andy wanted to make a speech to us.
"Hello everyone. I'm Andy Biersack, one of the groomsmen. I have to say that out of the band members I have known Ashley the longest. He has been like the brother I never had. I have looked up to him and mocked him over the years. When I met him he was a quirky, fun, guy that was always sure of who he was and didn't care if people didn't accept him. I always admired that about him, being unique and not being afraid to show it. When he met Riley she was with me and I knew how jealous he was. Yeah man, I knew" he said directly to me and grinning. "When me and Riley broke up, Ashley had actually gotten to know her, without having had sex with her yet, which is a first for him" he said making everyone crack up. "But I think I can speak for most of the people here that can honestly say that I didn't think I'd see this day, but they are perfect for each other. Riley, Ashley, I love you guys with all my heart. I wish you nothing but a lifetime of happiness together. To Riley and Ashley" he raising a glass.
I looked at Riley and she had tears in her eyes. She got out of her seat to hug Andy and I did the same.
"Thanks man. I love you too" I whispered as I hugged him. A tear escaping my eye.
CC and Kimber made speeches as well, but when Riley took the microphone I was intrigued.
"Hi, I hope everyone is having a good night so far. Umm, well what can I say about Ashley. I mean my life wouldn't have any meaning without him. He is my family and I think I have always known that I've loved him, even before I met him. I am so lucky to have him in my life cause he has always been there to make me feel better and tell me that everything will be okay. He has always put me first and I am so grateful. We have been through so much together and he is still standing beside me" she said starting to get choked up. "Ashley, I love you so much. I promise to give you everything I can. I want to be everything you want. I love you and I can't wait to start our life together."
I wiped a tear from my cheek as I stood up next to her and kissed her gently. "I love you too. So fucking much."