‹ Prequel: Is He for Me?

He Has My Heart

Chapter Three: A year already?

Ashleys POV

It was January 21st. My one year anniversary with Riley. It was the day we first said I love you and pretty hard to forget since Andy punched me and bruised Riley.
I had planned for us to go to Vegas this weekend, but I wasn't sure how Riley would react. When I had brought up Vegas before she wasn't exactly keen to go. I wasn't sure I wanted to go after running into Kina, but this was for Riley. Riley had told me little about her past, but from what she did tell me I managed to find the apartment she used to live in when she was a kid. I couldn't resist not booking it.
I noticed Riley stir in her sleep. Poor thing. Didn't get home till 5am last night. Must have been busy. I got out of bed and let her sleep. By the time she wakes up it will be dinner and we were going out. Not that she knew that.
I left a note and two dozen red roses for her to wake up to in case I wasn't back yet.
I showered and dress to head over to the studio with the guys. We weren't recording or anything, we just liked hanging out there.
"Hey guys" I said getting out of my car and locking it.
"Hey Ash, I thought you weren't coming today. Isn't your anniversary today?" Jinxx asked.
"Has it been a year already?" Andy chimed in.
"I thought about it, but Riley worked late last night and won't be waking up till 5 probably" I said.
"So, what are we doing today?" Jake asked putting his phone in his pocket.
"Video games!" CC shouted and jumped onto my back. I piggy backed him into the studio, with others behind us. I threw him onto the couch and planted myself next to him. We played on the Xbox while the others were playing pool. I had to say, it was nice hanging with the guys.

Rileys POV

I stretched my arm out to Ashley, but only felt the cold sheets. I slowly opened my eyes to a dark room with shards of light escaping through the curtains. I looked at the clock on my nightstand and it was 4:47pm. I pretty much slept our anniversary away. I doubt Ashley remembered anyways. I got out of bed to open the curtains and wake myself up. I turned around and saw the roses sitting on the end of the bed.
"Oh my God!" I said to myself. They were so beautiful. That Ashley. There was a note next to them so I eagerly grabbed it and sat on the bed. It read:

To Riley,
Happy one year anniversary. If you're reading this it means I'm out of the house, but I will see you soon. Dress nicely as I am taking you out. Be ready by 8pm and I will meet you downstairs. I love you.

Awww! I love when Ashley leaves notes like this, but it meant I had 3 hours to get the stench of alcohol off me. I tore off my clothes and got into the shower. It was 5:30 by the time I got out. I wrapped a towel around my body and my hair and tried to decide what to wear. I pulled out one of my nicer black dresses that had a high neckline, but tied up at the back of my neck. The fabric hugged my torso and left my back bare to my waist. Then the dress flowed down to my ankles from my waist. I laid it on my bed ready to put on once I'd done my make up and hair. I did simple make up with winged eyeliner and dark red lips.
I wore my hair down in soft waves. I glanced at the time and saw that is was 7:43. I picked out 6 inch heels, the same shade as my lipstick and quickly strapped them to my feet.
I went into my bedroom and thought about getting Ashleys present, but it was too big to bring and I would give it to him when we got home.
At five to eight I went downstairs hoping to see Ashley, but face dropped when he wasn't there. I was about to sit down on the staircase when someone knocked at the door. Confused I went over to open the door. There stood Ashley in a dark grey suit and black shirt. He held out a single red rose to me.
"You look beautiful Riles" he said kissing my cheek.
"You look pretty handsome yourself" I said checking him out.
He took my hand and led me to the black limo waiting for us.
"Ashley! This is amazing! You know you've gone over the top again!" I said looking at him in awe.
"Then it's perfect" he said wrapping his arms around me.
"I'd kiss you, but I don't want to get lipstick on you" I said laughing.
"Thats okay, I think I'll survive."
Once we arrived at wherever we were, Ashley got out the limo and held a hand out for me and led me into the building.
"Ash, where are we going?"
"You'll see" he said dragging me through the buildings lobby and to the elevator. He pressed the button for the highest level.
The doors opened up to a restaurant with romantic lighting and a piano playing softly.
"Good evening Mr. Purdy. We have been expecting you" the hostess said. She summoned a waiter and he took us to a private room with a balcony that looked over the city. There was a table for two in the middle of the room surrounded by candles and rose petals.
I gasped. "Oh my God Ashley! This is beautiful" I said as he pulled out a chair for me.
"Anything for you Riles" he said kissing my forehead.
We had a beautiful dinner, but I got a little nervous when Ashley pulled out an envelope from his breast pocket.
"So, I know you're undecided on this, but I really want to know everything about you. Good and bad. And if you really don't want to we can just go and have fun" he said handing me the envelope. I opened it and saw two tickets for us to go to Vegas this weekend.
I smiled nervously. "Ashley, its really sweet that you want to know my past, but what if something happens when we are there?"
"What could possibly happen?"
I was about to say it, but didn't. Nothing could happen and something could happen. I hadn't been home in 3 years. Although nothing happened in the time between my mother dying and me leaving. It didn't mean I wasn't nervous, but I didn't want to disappoint Ashley.
"Nothing, just my paranoia. Well, since we are going, would you mind if we visited my mothers grave?" I asked.
"Of course Riley. I would love to come with you" he said reaching his hand across the table to place on mine.
"I love you Ash. Thank you, I can't wait to go" I said , smiling at him. I'm not sure if I meant the last part though.
After that Ashley asked for the bill, leaving a generous tip.
We headed back down to the ground floor and the limo was waiting for us to take us home.
"Ashley, wait in your bedroom while I get your present" I gave him cheeky look and he raised an eyebrow. "And no its not that" I said, so he wouldn't expect me to come out in lingerie.
I went into my closet and got the bass I got custom made for him. Its design was similar to his other basses, but its main colour was black with red lines and his usual 'Outlaw' on the neck. On the back I had them put a photo of me in an Ashley Purdy Inc officer hat and my long hair covering my nipples. I had them put 'Purdy Kitty' next to it as well, but only he would know what that was. I smirked to myself as I carried the case to Ashleys bedroom.
He looked a little confused at first, but soon realised this wasn't one of his old basses.
"Open it" I said excitedly.
He popped the locks and his face lit up.
"Holy shit Riley!" He said lifting it out of the case carefully.
"Look at the back" I said, smirking.
"Riley! You're on my bass!" He yell pointing at my picture.
"Yeah, and when you're playing it, my picture should sit right there" I said placing it near his dick, "so when you look down, its like I'm giving you head on stage" I couldn't stop smirking.
"Riley, this is too much. Like, are you serious!" He said excitedly.
"Then its perfect" I said mimicking what he says to me.
He smiled and shook his head. He put the bass back in its case and bear hugged me. "Thank you Riles. I love it. I will play it at every show on our next tour. I love you!"
"I love you too Ash" I said, then kissed him deeply, not caring about my lipstick anymore.