Status: WIP

My Boy

Chapter 1

Niklas Kronwall jumped as he heard the locker room door slam. He turned around to see his teammate, captain, and crush standing there, eyes on him. He felt a blush come over his cheeks and cautiously looked up at him. Hank didn't look too happy, but he didn't look particularly angry either.

"Kronner, meeting room, now."

Tears threatened to fall from his blue eyes as he followed him into the room. Hank sat in one of the corner chairs and Nik knelt in front of him, head bowed.

"Look at me Krons. You know what you did was wrong, and that punishment is in order."

Nik looked up at him red-eyed and nodded.

"I-I know Zetta. But to be fair, he was asking for it."

Hank softened and rested a hand on his younger teammate's shoulder.

"I know Kronner, but the NHL disciplinary committee doesn't think so. They've put it on me to issue a punishment for you."

Niklas cursed himself for the hit that got him into this mess.

"Please don't kick me off the team or suspend me! This team means everything to me!"

Hank gently stroked Nik's hair and brushed the tears from his eyes.

"I'm not going to. I'm not as harsh as the committee is alright?"

Niklas nodded.

"So what's going to happen to me then?"

Hank shook his head and thought for a moment. He remembered what his high school coach always made them do when they messed up and it had always made them stronger players.

"20 laps around the ice, this weekend at 9 am. I'll even do it with you to make it less horrible."

Niklas was shocked. He wasn't expecting that light of a punishment, but he wasn't going to say anything. Why would he?

"Alright, no problem Captain."

Hank chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"No later, got it?"

He nodded.

"Got it Zetta."

They stood up and walked out of the arena together before parting ways.