Status: WIP

My Boy

Chapter 2

Niklas made his way back home to where his pit bull puppy, Nova, was waiting. He smiled and patted her on the head. He went into the kitchen to start preparing dinner and heard the 'pat, pat, pat' of Nova's little feet scampering across the hard-wood floor. He chuckled as the dog slid into his legs and let out an 'arf' of surprise. He set his knife down on the counter and picked her up, scratching behind her ears.

"Hi Nova. You hungry?"

She panted and wagged her tail furiously, licking his face. He laughed and set her down, retrieving her bowl from the floor and pouring her kibble in it. She ate it hungrily, spilling it on the floor.

"Oh Nova you silly puppy! You make me so happy..."

He muttered to himself.

"Just like Hank."

She looked up at him, tail still wagging viciously and tried to climb up his leg. He picked her up once more and took her to the living room, setting her on his lap.

"I didn't wanna eat anyway."

She licked his face and ran to the front door scratching at it.

"You need to potty, Nova?"

He threw on his coat and shoes and took her outside to do her business. He looked around and saw a figure coming up his driveway. He panicked and called Nova back inside, locking the door behind them. She whimpered and jumped on the couch looking frightened. Suddenly, he heard a knock on his door.

"W-who is it?"

He heard a chuckle.

"It's me, Hank ya goof!"

Niklas opened the door and let him in.

"What are you doing here so late, Hank?"

He laughed and shook his head, handing him a journal.

"You left this at the arena, I figured it was important."

Nik took it gratefully and blushed.

"T-thanks Captain."

He wanted so badly to tell him how he felt, but he couldn't bring himself to. Hank left and Nik went back to his room to get ready for bed. The weekend started the next day, and he had to get enough rest for his 20 laps. He got in the shower, followed by Nova and just laughed.

"You like the water too huh?"

He bent down and pet her wet fur before washing up and getting dressed. She beat him to bed and curled up on the pillow next to his. He laid next to her and fell asleep.