Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 12

Heaven was how I expected it to be but the people in it didn’t match what I thought. For some reason, I thought I was going to see Nelson Mandela or my christian grandmother but it was just full of average people. They didn’t wear silk white robes or have halos, although they did appear to have a glow to them. As if they’ve found something they never had on earth.

There was more color than white but everything still felt open and inviting. Everything seemed to be very in balance; the color spectrum, the people and their motions. Everyone and everything was very insync and in a harmony with their surroundings. There was so much love and peace, I felt out of place for a reason I couldn’t explain. Maybe because I know I’m a sinner and abomination walking around a holy place.

Everything seemed much brighter here; the trees, the grass, the lights. The gold and silver in which the decorations were made out of, shined brighter than my eyes could handle. There even seemed to be new colors that we didn’t have on earth. Hues I couldn’t explain due to seeing them for the first time.

While we were walking around, Vic held my hand and guided me through a series of rooms. Each room was different from the last. If we walked into one that was 50’s diner atmosphere, the next was a 90’s arcade. From a nature park with luscious green everywhere to dark rooms with photographs soaking in water bins. I didn’t understand any of it.

Keeping up with Vic was challenging. I was in a lot of physical pain from the past few days of being assaulted and he was moving too fast for me. I couldn’t continue jumping room to room. So, when we were passing through a coffee shop with a small acoustic band playing on stage, I jerked out of his hold.

“Vic, slow down. I can’t keep up with you.” I told him honestly and put my hand over my heart, feeling it almost pop out of my chest.

He came over to me and pulled out a stool for me to sit on. He ordered me a drink and handed it to me. I drank some of the cold water and focused on steadying my breathing. He stared at me with an expression I couldn’t read. He came over and kissed my head. I smiled, he’s always looking out for me.

“Better?” he asked and I nodded, pecking our lips together for a second.

“I could always carry you if you want.” Vic suggested and I laughed. I like being held by him but I hate feeling like a baby.

“No. I’m capable of walking. Why can’t you use your powers though to zap us there?” I asked, sounding pretty ignorant at the poor choice of vocabulary.

“I lost my powers here. I only have them on earth and in the underworld. Only the pure can use their powers in heaven.” he explained with no remorse or a strain of regret in his tone.

“And the rooms changing? What’s with that?” I questioned, switching topics quickly.

“Those are other people’s personal heavens. We only have to walk through a few more until we arrive at the corridors of the upper angels.” he told me and I took that as a subtle hint that we should go.

I got up from the stool and we went through another door, leading us into another room. I held onto Vic’s hand and followed him into the dark. It was interesting to see other people's depiction of reality that makes them happy. Some I didn’t understand and others I could relate to. I wonder what Vic’s looked like when he was up here.

He stopped short in a room with marble tiles that cut off halfway through. The other half of the floor was grass that looked so soft, you could fall on it and not get hurt. There was a bed with white sheets and gold rods that upheld a see through white curtain. The only colors that were in the room were white,green and gold.

There was also a mirror in the room. A very large oculus that took up almost the entire wall.I stared into it and my eyes widened in horror at the sight. I was much worse than I thought. My arms were covered in wide and deep dried over gashes. I had bruises on every visible area, deep purples and blues stained onto my hands, legs, neck and around my eyes. There were a few blackening burn marks around my ankles and wrists from the chains. This was just what I saw with my clothes on. I couldn’t imagine what the rest of me is like.

A woman stood with her back to us and hands clasped together. Without looking over, she spoke.

“I had a feeling you two would be stopping in.” she stopped to turn around and gracefully approached us. Vic’s posture tensed up as she placed a light touch under my chin and examined me.

“So, this is the legend Kellin that’s disturbed our peace. They were right about one thing; you sure are cute.” she flattered and winked at me. I could practically feel the heat illuminating from Vic’s body. He sure can get jealous.

“Sister, I need a favor.” Vic began in a respectful manner but was cut short by Jenna’s voice.

“You want me to heal him?” it was supposed to be a question but her tone made it seem more like a complete sentence.

“Yes, I’d very much appreciate it if-” her voice cut him off again and I could tell he was getting annoyed but kept his composure.

“I’m afraid I can’t, brother.” she told him in a casual and uninterested tone. He was fighting back letting his emotions get the better of him and I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.

“Why is that?” he asked in amusement, almost dropping the respect act.

“I simply don’t want to. You should have thought about this before you got yourself kicked out.” she said smugly and stuck her nose at both of us. I could tell she thought quiet highly of herself.
“I didn’t even know I was destined for a soulmate when I was up here. Please sister. I come before you in a time of need. Can you put our differences aside to help him out? Kellin had nothing to do with what happened all those years ago. Yet he’s the one suffering for it.” Vic explained, regaining his peaceful and respectful exterior.

“What for? He can hardly keep himself out of trouble for a few hours. I guarantee his powers will come in too slow and he’ll get killed as a human, being unable to come back with you. He’s going to die anyways.” her voice was disengaged in the conversation, acting like she had better plans than this. I never knew an angel could be so uncaring.

“No. He can’t and he won’t. I waited too long and put up with too much crap to watch him die. He deserves better and I’m going to give him that. I’ll make sure his powers come in as planned. I will not let him die. He didn’t ask for this. He was chosen into it and you’re going to help us. So, get off your throne and heal him already.” Vic’s tone changed from begging to commanding yet still somehow respectful.

“Fine but only because I feel sorry for this mortal for being assigned your soulmate.” she replied in a nasty voice and I wanted to say something to defend Vic but didn’t want her to back out.

She came in front of me, instructing me to close my eyes and I did what she asked me to. With my eyes shut, I heard her chant a few things in a language I didn’t know. Her hand placed on my forehead and in an instant, I could feel the changes taking place inside and outside of me. My head felt more clear, my body seemed to weigh less and I felt as though my skin had been rejuvenated. I opened my eyes and looked back in the mirror; my skin was regular and I almost appeared to be glowing. I smiled at her powers and thanked her.

“You take care of yourself out there and take care of him too. He tries too hard.” she said to me and gestured over at Vic.

He didn’t seem offended in the least bit at her statement. He bowed to her and exchanged words in that same language that I didn’t understand. Their conversation was intense but not heated in the least bit. At the end of it, they hugged and said good bye. Vic. pulled me in his arms and jumped off the edge of the floor and back into the clouds with no warning.

“How do you feel?” he asked and looked down at me with loving eyes, I nuzzled my head into his chest.

“Much better. Thank you for taking care of me. I’m sure with everything that’s happening and going to happen, I’m a bit of a handful. I appreciate you. I know you think that it’s unfair to me to have ben your soulmate but I wouldn’t have it any other way.” I told him in sincerity and when I looked up at him, I swear for a split second I saw tears forming at his waterline. I turned my head just a moment to get more comfortable and when i looked back, they weren’t there.

“You’re the most important thing to me, Kellin. I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe.” he said and kissed the top of my head.

“You need to take care of yourself though, Vic. You have to be a priority in your life too. Let me take care of you.” I said to him, gesturing to his tired eyes and ripped apart clothes.

“I will. We’ll take care of each other.” he told me as we landed on the ground.

We were back on earth but instead of being in one of the tents, we were in my bedroom. I felt like I hadn’t been here in years, when it was probably only a few weeks. Everything was neat and tidy, not like the way I had left it. We were on the bed, huddled together, just enjoying each other’s company.

“Your mom is expecting you to come back from ‘camp’ today.” Vic explained and I had almost forgot about that excuse. I perked up in excitement at seeing my mom again.

“Is she home now?” I asked, ready to walk out the door but his hand pulled me back.

“No but she’ll be here in a few hours.” he said and had me lay back on his chest. I smiled at myself and my deviant thoughts, he sure is needy tonight.

“So, this means we have the place to ourselves.” I trailed off, sitting up right and straddling him. He chuckled but gave me a warning look when I rolled my hips on top of his.

“Kellin. Don’t” he said cautiously and when I did it again, I saw him biting his lip, almost to hold back a noise.

“What am I doing, Vic?” I asked in a taunting tone, trying to play the innocent role.

“I’m serious, Kells. We’re not doing this right now.” his firm tone only turned me on more.

I leaned down, connecting our lips. I started off slow and sensual. To think, a short period ago, I didn’t imagine I’d ever have this again. He took control, opening my mouth and letting the sweet taste of his come back into me. I enjoyed and relaxed into the kiss, abandoning my sexual plans and just engulfing myself into the kiss. He stopped short and pulled back. I pushed away to look at him and he had an unreadable look on his face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked with clear disappointment in my voice.

“Someone else kissed you.” he stated and I got off of him. Shame taking over me and holding onto myself, he noticed.

“Who? Did they do anything else?” he asked with strong anger and jealous showing through his tone.

“It was one of the guys who held me hostage. No, he tried to but I got my powers to work.” I explained to him, looking away in my shame. The board of the bed broke under us and I looked over to see Vic holding back everything in him.

“Who, Kellin?!” he yelled and I gawked at him. He’s never yelled at me before.

“His name...was..umm.. Perses.” I told him the second afterwards, Vic was gone. I started to get nervous.

“Don’t leave me alone.” I whispered, hoping somehow he’d hear it from wherever he flew off to. I didn’t feel so safe being without Vic.