Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 11

He wasn’t kidding when he said it was a long journey back. I spent the majority of the trip asleep or somewhere between asleep and awake. The past three days of not sleeping combined with whatever Perses gave me, really defeated me. It felt like everything I had inside me was pulled out.

Fortunately, whoever the vampire is, he let me sleep the whole time and didn’t disturb me. I pray that he is as nice as he is being right now and it’s not an act. I’m finding it hard to accept that I will never be with Vic again. I’m holding onto the hope that when my powers come in, I will be able to run away from this man and find Vic.

“We’re here.” he told me and carried me through the threshold and inside. Setting me down on the hard granite tiles below my feet.

The house was more like a mansion than a home. Victorian era style (living up to the vampire stereotype) with original dark victorian furniture. The lights had been dimmed to a low voltage and the entire place felt ominous. We were out of the underworld but the entire house was glacier-like and I wrapped my arms around my body for warmth.

“Cold?” he asked, coming to my side in an instant and wrapping his arms around me, I shuddered against his touch. I was both uncomfortable and colder, his blood was freezing and didn’t help me get warm in the least bit.

“Are we back on earth?” I asked while his slender pale fingers ran up and down my arms. Vic used to do that.

“Yes. Vampires live amongst humans for the majority of their life.” he explained to me, while beginning to smell the back of my neck. Fuck! He’s probably hungry.

“You miss him, don’t you?” I perked up in surprise at the question. I stayed silent for a moment until biting my lip and nodding.

“Tell you what, Kellin. I’m willing to hand you over to them for something in exchange.” his hand played with the strands of my hair that barely touched my shoulder. I was desperate. I had to see Vic. I felt like breaking down with the even just the possibility to be with him again.

“You want to feed on me?” I asked and the words were hard to get out with how strange the sentence was. This made him laugh and he spun me around to look at him in the eyes, darkening red.

“Well, I was going to do that anyways but no. That’s not what I was getting at.” he said and I tightened up.

“I don’t have anything to exchange though. I have no money or anything of real value. I can’t even get my powers to work.” I explained and a smirk played on his face.

He leaned in closely to me, picking up one of my loose strands and sniffing it. Vampires are a new level of creepy. He was taller than me and bent down so that his face was nuzzled in the crook of my shoulder blade and neck. I gasped as one of his hands went under my shirt and his tongue ran along my neck.

“Think about it. You’ll be with Vic again, only for a small price. I’m doing you a favor really.The first time is usually the worst but I’ll make it gentle.” he mumbled into my skin and started nipping at the flesh. Taking some in between his teeth but not biting down.

“But Vic. I’ll- I’ll betray him.” I stuttered with conflicting feelings as he pushed me against the wall and breathed more of my skin in. This was happening so fast.

“It’s your call. You can always go back to him after I’m done with you. Or you can stay here with me forever.” the sinisterness in his voice when he mumbled the last word made me shift against him.

“If you plan to keep me forever but not have sex with me. Then what did you want to do with me?” I asked in confusion as to what his intentions are. He pulled back and looked me in the eye.

“To rent you out to others for sex. You’ll be a good money maker with your status. I just wanted you to remember who your first time was.” he answered and suddenly all hopes of him being kind were gone.

I stared down for a minute while I contemplated my options. On the one hand; I could be with Vic again. Something I never thought possible up until a few minutes ago. On the other, to do that I’d have to sleep with him. I gazed off and could feel him growing impatient at my slow thinking.

“Well, c’mon. I’m a busy man and I don’t have all day. Make up your mind.” he said anxiously and I looked away as I nodded in agreement. I just had to see Vic.

In a blink of an eye, he had me laying on my back on the couch with his arms groping at my body.Tearing off the fabric of my shirt and working on my jeans. I frantically shifted positions. What if I’m making a mistake and he doesn’t take me to Vic? The reality set in about the situation and I was going to say something to back out but couldn’t find it in me to speak. I had to do this. I want to be with Vic.

When he started peeling off my pants, I automatically reacted by kicking him in the face. I didn’t mean to, I’m just sensitive and frightened. He wrapped his hands around my throat and I scratched at them, struggling to breathe.

“Do you know who you’ve messed with?!” the rage seethed out of him and I continued to try an fight back but was losing air. A loud sound was heard from the other room but the man was too busy choking me to do anything about it.

“Ryan! I told you not to touch the kid!” Jaime’s voice yelled in anger and flashed over to where I was, removing Ryan’s hands from my throat. I gasped and coughed, trying to regain my breath.

“I can’t help it, Jaime. I just wanted to test him out. He’s the most desired human in this millennial.” Ryan argued as I calmed my breathing down and ran over the hot marks with my finger tips.

“Doesn’t matter. Vic has already lost his mind. You were supposed to help us.” Jaime argued and Ryan rolled his eyes.

A sense of relief washed over me as I realized Jaime was helping me. Although I don’t think he’d hurt Vic like that, I also knew he despised me enough to want me dead. I just didn’t know why. I felt like I had been invading a private conversation even though Jaime was the one to suddenly show up on us.

“Vic. Where is he? Is he alright? What happened?” I asked desperately wanting some information about him. Jaime sighed and rubbed his temples, seeming annoyed with me already.

“He’s set up camp with Mike and Tony back in your hometown. Trying to make an alibi as to why you’ve gone missing. He’s also staked out there, hoping someone would come along to destroy some of your existence. No such luck. Physically, he’s okay. He’s pretty emotionally damaged from losing you. As far as what happened, I don’t know and I don’t think he does either.” Jaime explained to me in a softer tone and I took a minute to think about how my disappearance has affected him.

“We’re going to see him, right? I don’t have to stay with Ryan, right?” I asked desperately wanting Jaime to say yes. So much so that I was nearly grabbing at him. With all our differences, I sure was happy to see him.

“Yes, we’re going now. No, you don’t have to stay with him but you have to give him some blood. That was part of the deal he and I made so that he could get you back for me.” Jaime explained.
As much as I didn’t want to endure the tormenting feelings of having a vampire take your blood, I would easily do it, if it meant being with Vic again.

Ryan took my arm and sliced it open with a knife, not using his fangs which I was grateful for. The slice stung as my blood met with the cool air. The red droplets started to form at the line and the liquid began to leak down my arm. I looked over at Jaime to see he was on the other side of the room, tense like a statue and covering his nose and mouth with his hand. I had almost forgotten he’s a vampire too.

Ryan’s way of taking my blood was a lot different and a lot less painful than when Danny attacked me. That time seemed to be forever ago but was probably only two weeks ago. Instead of using his fangs, he used a knife. Instead of sucking it out of the wound, he dripped and drained it into a long clear vile attached to a leather string.

Once the vile was filled, he let go of my blood soaked arm and put a small piece of cork on top of the glass to conceal my blood. He put the leather chain around his neck and smiled at himself. He wrapped my arm with an ace bandage and told me to go see Jaime.

“No! Stay over there!” Jaime shrieked in protest and I felt guilty. This must be difficult for him.

“I’ll transport us back. Just- keep your distance please.” the words came muffled out from him using his hands to cover his mouth and nose.

I opened my mouth to say something but didn’t get a chance to start my sentence because I was back in the tent. Jaime was nowhere in my sight and when I looked around, I realized no one was. The cot Vic and I slept on was still in the room along with the wine and dirty clothes but no Vic. Or Tony or Mike for that matter.

“Hello?” I asked barely above a whisper, timid this was another trap that I had fallen into.

“Kellin?” I recognized Vic’s voice and turned around to see him entering the tent.

He stared at me for a moment, bewildered and in shock. In that not so short seeming period of time, I became anxious and wondered if he didn’t recognize me. My fears were released when he rushed over and picked me up. The pain from his urgent and reckless touch was intense but I held back showing it, not wanting to ruin this sacred moment.

“Oh god, Kellin. What did they do to you? You look horrible.” he said and took my face into his hands. Kissing my face a million times over and over, not backing away one bit.

“I don’t want to talk about it, Vic. I’m just so happy to see you again.” i told him and kissed him in powerful need.

I needed him to be with me all the time. I didn’t care how dependant and unhealthy that sounded, I never want to be away from him for more than a day. The passion in this kiss was the most intense one we had yet. The hunger, the longer, the desire and the desperation made it more needy than sexual. I needed him but in a way that says: I want to always be with you and not: I want to fuck you.

“I’m so sorry. I failed you. Again! I don’t know what it’s going to take but I’ll need to put more protection around you. This can’t happen again. I can’t fail you again. I don’t know what happened but I’m sure you suffered and I will never forgive myself for that.” Vic rambled on and that’s when I noticed his eyes.

They were more white than brown or red or any other color. Staring closer I saw tons of little scabs that littered across his hands. His clothes had drops of blood and stains of dirt on the fabric. He looked like he hadn’t rested since my disappearance and knowing him, he probably hasn’t.

“Vic, this wasn’t your fault. Just like what happened with Danny, it wasn’t your fault. We’ll find a way. I know we will. If we’re going to do so though, you’ll need your strength and so will I. Please eat something or rest. Do whatever spirits do to regain energy.” I comforted him and this brought a small sad smile to his face. Engulfing me in a hug where his hold was firm but not tight, being mindful of my conditon.

“I will. I will but not now. Now we have to take you to see someone. Fast. I don’t know if they’ll help or not but we’ve got to try.” he told me and easily lifted me in his arms. I closed my eyes as we went into the air, memories o being taken flying back to me.

“Where are we going?” I asked with my eyes still shut and my hold as tight as I could make it.

“Jenna. She’s the only supernatural force, besides god, who is able to heal humans.” he explained and his pace became faster. I wanted to tell him to slow down and that I wasn’t dying but I knew he was just trying to help.

“Why wouldn’t she help, Vic?” I questioned and leaned my head into his chest, needing the warmth against the violent pressure of winds.

“She’s always resented me for rebelling. I just hope she can put our feuds aside and realize you deserve to feel healthy too.” his voice sounded unsure and I hoped for his sake she helped us.

I knew I would heal over time. It be awhile but I’d heal. But having Vic watch me be in pain until I fully recovered, that would damage him and us much more. Each slow day of progress, he would continue to blame himself. Angels are supposed to be kind and helpful. I don’t think a falling out with Vic would stop her from healing a half dead human. At least, I hope not.
♠ ♠ ♠
The ending to this one may not be the best but its 2am and I'm tired