Status: Will Be Updated ASAP

Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 18

“Hello my children. How are we today?” Justin’s cheerful voice greeted us and everyone's reply was small and quiet. Justin raised an eyebrow then shifted his sight to where I was, backed in the corner.

“Oh, Kellin. I can see you” he said to me in a playful voice and his foot steps grew closer and I was so tightly to the wall that I thought I would mold into it.

“Relax. It’ll be over sooner than you think.” his words hit my face and he stood directly in front of me.

His arm reached out and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. I put my heels into the floor and struggled against him. If I’m going to die, I’m going to make sure I die fighting. I used my nails to claw into his skin, it did nothing to him. I thrashed around and when we reached the threshold of the door, I grabbed onto the wood. He pulled on me but I refuse to give up my last chance to live.

“You’re mine and you’re coming with me!” he screeched and continued to tug on my weakened body.

Anger exceeded the fear and I kicked him in the shoulder, sending him slammed against the wall. I ran back into the room with the others and attempted to shut the door in his face but he was too quick. He was up in an instant and tore the door off the hinges, sending me flying with it. My back hit one of the metal cages and I groaned in pain.

“You want to die now, huh?! Fine with me. Take notes boys as to what happens when you disobey me.” Justin roared and grabbed me by the throat, my feet hovering off the floor.

I glanced at their horrified faces and even heard Jack and Alex trying to talk him out of it. Justin wasn’t listening though, this only made his wrath grow. His grip tightened and I felt my ears pop, i could no longer hear the others pleas. My vision blurred and I saw a flash of white light that appeared.

This is it. This is what dying feels like and it was not at all peaceful. It was absolutely horrifying and painful. I stopped clawing at his hands to let me go, dropped them to the side and accepted my fate. I was going to die and I would die never knowing the truth. I would never see my mom again. I would never kiss Vic again. I would never find out why he kissed Jaime or why he killed those people. I spent my last moments dwelling over never getting the chance to know the truth. Never having the opportunity to be happy with Vic.

Something changed and I felt warm again. I opened my eyes to see Justin still gripping my throat only it was no longer affecting me. I felt a burst of energy course through me and I used all my concentration into centering it to freeing myself. I let out a scream and ripped his hands away from my throat. He tumbled back and looked in shock. I grabbed him by his throat and threw him into the other room, locking the door behind him.
I rushed over to the others and they glared at me in pure shock. My powers must only work if I’m in a life threatening situation. The energy left my body as well as the adrenaline. The fear started returning and I realized what I had done. I heard Justin’s screams and banging against the door. I knew I didn’t have much time until he gets free then I’m really fucked.

“Kellin, you’re not human…” Jack spoke in amazement and reached his hand up to touch me but it only went through my skin, I shuddered.

“No time for that, Jack!” Alex snapped at his friend and Jack looked apologetic.

“Listen to me, Kellin. I don’t know what you are but you’re powerful. You have magic in you and that means you can go through the portal.” Alex spoke so quickly I almost missed what he was saying but hung on his last sentence.

“Portal? What portal?” I asked just as rapidly, growing more anxious the longer time passed, the more I heard the door breaking.

“There’s a portal that looks like a big purple ball. It’s in the center of Justin’s room. It’s the last door on the right. Only supernatural forces can travel through it. Think of where you want to go and it will take you there. Hurry, Kellin Quinn.” Alex urged me and I thanked them before dashing out of the room.

I was halfway down the hall when i heard the door break down completely and an enraged Justin call after me. He was running as fast as me and I picked up the pace, being ahead gave me some advantage. He was getting closer and I slid right into the last door on the right. I saw the floating lilac orbe and reached out to touch it but nothing happened.

My powers seemed to have let my body and the panic was taking over me. His shouts grew louder and closer. Please work! Why won’t it work? I tried to sort out my thoughts of where I wanted to go but I was in such a distraught state that I found it hard to focus. Justin burst in the room and I knew I was dead but I kept my hand on the sphere, holding onto final hope.

“Now, I’ve got you.” his voice spat with hatred and he approached me slowly, stalking me like a lion hunting for deer.

“Home! Please! I want to go home!” I yelled out and closed my eyes, anticipating Justin to leap out in grab me.

Only he didn’t. I kept my eyes shut in case he was playing a trick on me and the portal didn’t work. It wasn’t until I heard a different voice and felt arms wrap around me that I realized it had worked.

“Kellin! I’m so fucking sorry. Oh god! Who was it? I’ll kill them!” Vic’s overprotectiveness crept into his voice and I felt terrified.

As much as I wanted the comfort, we still had a lot to work out and him saying that made nothing any easier. I pushed him away and walked to the other side of the room, flopping on the bed and trying to relax. I was still injured, both physically and emotionally. Justin’s grip was sure to leave bruises and I felt so drained from using my powers. I couldn't even look at Vic in this moment.

“Look, I know you’re still hurt but this is no time to shut me out. I have to know what’s going on.” he said cautiously and rubbed his hand over my back while I shoved my face in the pillows.

“You tell me first.” i mumbled coldly and heard a deep sigh. He gently rolled me over and got in next to me, I couldn’t stand being so close to him. He betrayed me.

“This is about the kiss, isn’t it?” he asked quietly, staring at the ceiling while I looked at his profile. When I didn’t reply I watched him shut his eyes and rub his temples.

“I don’t have a very good reason for that. What’s important right now is to fix you up and-” I cut him off with a snicker.

“I’m not going anywhere with you until you give me some kind of reasoning as to what happened.” my tone was angry and he looked at me with uneasy eyes.

“Jaime kissed me first-” he began but I cut him off once again.

“Sure didn’t look that way.” I mumbled and sat up, picking at the cuts on my knuckles from the door.

“Just let me finish, Kels. This is harder than it looks.” he said and looked over at me, I nodded for him to continue his pathetic excuse.

“He kissed me and I told him not to do that. I told him that you are my soulmate and I didn’t want to hurt you.” I opened my mouth again but closed it when I saw how distraught he was.

“Then he said about overhearing our fight. He said that he saw you and you looked upset. I wanted to go set it right then and there but figured I’d give you some space. So, we sat down and started talking and in the middle of conversation, he kissed me again. Only this time, I didn’t move to push him away. I was hurt and angry and upset over our situation. I wanted comfort and he was there. And I know this is all pathetic and doesn’t pardon what I did but just know that I am truly deeply sorry. If I could take it back, I would. I don’t feel the same way for Jaime then I do for you.” he finished the last part rather quickly and kept his eyes shut.

I stared at my hands, continuing to pick at the scabs until a small amount of blood leaked out. I tried to soak up the information that he spilled to me. I understood his reasoning, partially. I just didn’t forgive him. It shattered me to watch him kiss someone else. For comfort? Who’s to say what would have happened if I didn’t walk in? And, I’m sure we’ll fight again, then what? Will he just go kiss Jaime again? I pondered on his last sentence before speaking in a quiet voice.

“How do you feel about me then?” I asked and looked at him. He sat in front of me and put a hand on one of my cheeks. His lips were so close to mine and despite all the hurt feelings, i still wanted to reach out and kiss them.

“Kellin Quinn, you are my soulmate. I love you.” he said it seriously and I stared into his eyes, no trace of humor or second guessing was in them.

I suppose that was all i needed to hear. I embraced him and moved my legs to straddle his lap. I pressed our lips together and he made no effort to stop me. Instead he wrapped his arms securely around my back. He parted my lips with his and I let him in. Dying for his touch.

As we kissed, he fought for dominance and I easily gave into him. Feeling like jello melting into his body. The warmth radiated off of his entire being and I didn’t push away, even as the heat intensified. Instead, I got closer. During the kiss, I fumbled with the buttons on his shirt. This only made him deepen the kiss and throw more power into it.

He shrugged out of his top once I had finished opening it. He broke the kiss for a moment to slip mine off, I covered my body with my hands. All supernatural forces look incredibly beautiful and being around Vic made me somewhat insecure. I didn’t want him to view me as scrawny and pale. He must have read my mind because he reassured me he loved the way I looked.

He gently pushed me down so my head was on the pillow and he was over top of me. He started to litter my body with small kisses and occasionally taking the skin in between his teeth. he started from my jawline, down to my neck, my chest then stopping when he reached my pants. I was starting to unravel under his touches. I couldn’t take it anymore, I started to unbutton my jeans when I heard a loud bang, causing me to shoot up in terror.

“Aw what an adorable little reunion. Too bad it can’t last.” Justin’s voice entered the room and Vic’s face expression from loving to rage, his grip tightened on my hips.

“Justin! What the hell are you doing here?!” Vic’s voice was deadly cold and I looked at him in shock.

“You too know eachother?” I asked and Vic mimicked my look of surprise, he started asking me how I knew Jusitn but was cut off.

“Of course, I knew him. I knew him very well. After all, we did use to fuck.” Justin words were like fire and I looked over to Vic, his regretful expression confirmed it.

“It was a long time ago before I knew how dark his soul truly is.” Vic explained and I sat up, hugging him and buried my neck into his shoulder. I just wanted Justin to go away but knew he wouldn’t.

“Yes, yes. I’m the devil. I’m satan. Blah, blah. We could argue all day how terrible I am but I’m through wasting time.” he spoke with mock in his voice and Vic held me so tightly, i thought I would burst open.

“Why are you here? I haven’t seen you in over a thousand years.” Vic spoke with venom in his tone and I looked up to see Justin smirking at me.

“Don’t flatter yourself, Victor. I’m not here for you. I’ve come for Kellin.” he rolled his eyes at Vic and then winked at me. I felt a cold shudder violently shake me.

“No fucking way! Get the hell out of here before I end you for good.” Vic threatened and his eyes were as red as flames, his body was hotter than hell.

“Aw my little Victor, you couldn’t possibly do that. You’re not as powerful as you once were. Besides, Kellin is rightfully mine.” his smirk only grew and my eyes widened as I remembered the contract. Vic glanced back and forth between us in confusion.

“What are you talking about? Kellin is my assigned soulmate.” Vic spoke cautiously and I heard Justin chuckle.

“He was yours until you decided to be a little whore. After that incident, poor little Kellin was all hurt. He didn’t want to see you, couldn’t face you. So, I made him an offer. I would take him away from you so he didn’t have to talk to you about it, if he made a deal with me.” Justin’s tone was excited and he pulled out the scroll from his coat. Shoving it in Vic’s face. Vic just stared at it in pure shock, his eyes glazed over my messy print.

“Kellin… this can’t be true.” his voice was lifeless and his eyes desperate. I was tongue tied and didn’t know what to say.

“I-I- I didn’t know, Vic. There’s more to it. He showed me flashbacks of you hurting innocent people and said you’ve been lying to me. Then I saw you kiss Jaime and I just couldn’t deal with it. I didn’t know. I’m so sorry!” I cried out and his arms held me in an embrace, his expression was a mixture of hurt and shock.

“Say you goodbyes. This is the last time you’ll see him ever. Hurts when someone you love gets ripped away from you, doesn’t it?” Justin mocked and I layed in Vic’s loose touch, sobbing. I wanted to stay. I wanted to stay. I wanted to stay.