Status: drabble

Oh Death

un

He always enjoyed it; the feeling of life draining from their body, the way they fell limp and slowly went cold. The way that the sparkle died out from their eyes and how their heart slowed to a stop.

But his favourite part was their soul. The way that it twisted and turned, creating patterns in the air before falling flat. The way that it morphed from its bright hue as it traveled down. How they were always so confused at first, not understanding why they were there. Not understanding why they were trapped.

He was standing around the corner listening to the chattering of voices that were soon to be mute. He leaned against the wall behind him, the rough texture of the bricks rubbing against the exposed skin of his arms, and he waited. Everything had to happen at the exact moment it was scheduled for, not a second before. He heard a laugh and a smirk found its way to his lips. They were always happy when they weren’t expecting him. He loved seeing how surprised they were when they found that they were no longer breathing.

He looked at the silver watch that was wrapped around his wrist. Only ten seconds left. He pushed himself off of the wall and cleared his throat, preparing himself as he made his way towards the voices. He looked around, searching for his target, and a crooked smile appeared on his lips when he locked eyes with him. He continued until he was right in front of the man, almost wanting to laugh at the confused look on his face.

“Who are you?” the man’s voice was sharp and his eyes were narrow.

“Osiris,” he said, his voice smooth, almost charming, “and I’ve come for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This ended up being much more twisted than I originally intended, but I kind of liked it. I decided to put a lot less description it in than I usually do *shrug*