Status: Won't be updated ever again. No matter how much you want it.

Final Delivery

Sweetness

Gerard opened the door on the passenger side of his car, “Your chariot,” he said bowing his head. I turned my head to the side and just stared at him. This went one for a few minutes until Gerard looked up again. “What?” He asked, puzzled by my expression.

“Nothing,” I quickly said, blushing furiously. I got inside of Gerard’s car and tried to breathe calmly.

Gerard closed the door and ran around the front of the car. He smiled when he reached the driver side door and he quickly slipped inside. Clicking his seatbelt into place and turning the car on, he let out a long sigh. “Just to let you know, I’m very nervous right now,” Gerard said awkwardly, turning red.

I looked at him and giggled. “Not as nervous as I possibly am. You aren’t the one sitting in your favorite band’s singer’s car on a date with said singer,” I spoke.

Gerard took hold of his chin and cocked an eyebrow in thought. “You do have a point.” He looked over at me and grinned. “So, it’s your choice burgers or vegetarian? I didn’t know if you were a veggie like Frank or not.”

“I say we do the burgers. I’m in the mood for French fries!”

“Burgers it is then,” Gerard said, putting the car into drive and taking off.

╪♥╪

Gerard had driven all the way out to Jersey to Cheeseburger in Paradise on Route 46. I didn’t expect him to take us that far out, but I was happy either way. I was getting a date with a majorly good looking guy and getting a meal that had French fries involved.

Gerard once again opened my door and tried to act gentlemanly. I told him it wasn’t necessary for him to do that, but he only replied with a small smile. Gerard stayed close as we walked through the doors of the eatery. When we reached the podium where a blonde with purple streaks haired girl stood, Gerard loosely wrapped an arm around my waist. I melted into his side.

Gerard spoke to the girl and she leaded us to our table. That’s where we separated and took our respective seats. I hurriedly glanced down at the menu and decided on a vanilla milkshake with a cheeseburger and fries. I watched as Gerard set his elbow on the table and looked through the menu with this index and middle fingers rubbing his temple.

“Feeling alright?” I asked concerned.

Gerard glanced up, “Yeah, just a tiny headache. I was up late last night working on my comic.”

“Oh, that’s good to hear. I really do enjoy the Umbrella Academy. The Rumor is my favorite,” I said excitedly to him. Gerard smiled.

“Awe, how sweet,” a little old lady said looking at us. “Father and daughter dinner, it’s nice to see responsible fathers!” The little old lady then clapped her hands and walked away.

I looked at Gerard and Gerard looked at me. Did we really look like father and daughter? “Do we really look like we’re family?” I asked.

“I don’t think so,” Gerard said looking confused at what just happened. “Do I look that old?”

“No, I mean you’re only thirty-one right? And I’m eighteen, so it can’t be that weird.”

Our waitress came back and we ordered. We both asked her if we looked like father and son. She responded with a quick no saying we looked too young for that and then left. Sighs of relief escaped both of our lips. At least we didn’t look that funny.

“I was never good at this stuff, but um tell me about you,” Gerard said, scratching the back of his neck.

“Well, I’m a photographer and I love music. I like to sing, but I never pursued a job or anything for it. I did do most of the musicals in my high school though,” I said to him.

“You sing? Wow, you’re full of surprises you know. As you know I sing but wow,” he said.

“I’m not trying to sound cocky, but I sing a mean Welcome to the Black Parade. I mean full blast, all out, crazy like I’m in front of a crowd Welcome to the Black Parade.”

Gerard chuckled. “Now that’s something I’d definitely like to see. I wonder who would win in a singing contest.”

“I guess on the ride back we could compete. Now are we just doing your music or other bands too?”

“Let’s mix it up a bit, yet you get to go first because I am a gentleman.” He smiled.

“You just want to see what you’re up against first so you can try to beat me,” I said smirking.

“You got me,” Gerard said, placing his hand on his heart as if I had shot him. I laughed at his dramatics. He smiled showing all of his teeth.

“For someone who was so nervous and said who wasn’t good at this, you’re making this really fun you know,” I said to him.

“Here are your meals,” our waitress said setting down our plates. Gerard and I had the same exact meals. Both our plates had cheeseburgers on them with French fries. We also had vanilla milkshakes. I gave him a quizzical look.

“Now this is odd. You got the same meal as me Mr. Way?” I asked. Gerard grinned.

“I guess so,” he said picking up his burger. He took a bite and smiled while chewing. “Best shit ever,” he said after swallowing.

I picked up my own burger and bit into it. My food was cooked to perfection. The meat was tender and juicy and full of flavor. “These are good,” I said after swallowing. I took a sip of my milkshake and enjoyed its vanilla taste.

Gerard and I then engaged in a conversation about food. We compared regular lasagna to vegetable lasagna and compared cheese fries and regular fries. It was just food all over. We had learned we both liked tortellini with Alfredo sauce and were addicted to ice tea. We even ordered the same desert; chocolate brownies.

We kept on talking between bites about music, food, and comics. Gerard was such an entertainer. I was learning so many new things about him and about different topics. Gerard had asked for the bill and after much disputing between the two of us about who was paying, he paid.

“This has been a lot of fun,” I said to Gerard as we walked out of the restaurant. The Jersey sky was a dark royal purple with the stars twinkling. This was just a perfect night.

"I'm glad you're having a good time," Gerard responded. I felt his hand take mine. We were only paces away from his car, but him holding my hand still made it feel special. My lips formed a smile when Gerard's thumb ran over the top of my hand. His hands were soft and warm like a baby's. They were gentle as well.

Gerard pulled out his car keys with his free hand and unlocked his car. Gerard walked me to the passenger side of his vehicle. We parted hands and he opened the door for me. I hopped inside and he shut the door. Once again I watched Gerard walk around the front of the car. His hair gently moved as he walked.

Gerard opened his door and grinned. He sat inside and closed the door. "This has really been an awesome night and the night isn't even over," Gerard said happily.

I giggled. "I think you've had too much sugar," I said.

"Do you really think so?" He chuckled.

"Yes, I really do. Yet, you are right this was awesome. It's not every day you go on a date with a rock star."

"You're right about that. Now where do you want to go?"

"There's more to this than dinner? Wow, I feel special."

"By being my date of course you're special. You're getting the VIP package."

"Let's go to the park. Somewhere familiar though. Can we go to Branch Brook Park? I know the cherry blossoms aren’t around anymore, but I always thought the place was pretty at night.”

Gerard once again smiled. He was definitely a smile type person. “Which one do you mean? The one by the hospital?”

I nodded. “Yeah, that one is the nicest.”

Gerard turned on his car and we drove off into the night. In less than a half an hour we were parked in the lot for the park. The lamps were on and all the trees looked like black figures. We both exited the car and Gerard once again took my hand in his. We began to stroll through the dark park, both of us silent as we did so. It was a comfortable silence that we were in. It was almost too comfortable.

My feet were beginning to get tired after some time. “Gerard, can we stop to sit?” He nodded and proceeded to lead us a bench. I’m so glad they decided to beautify the park it was so barren before. I leaned into Gerard when we sat down. I may have been acting a little forward, but I was tired.

“You want to start heading home?” Gerard asked, rubbing my arm facing the cold air.

I yawned. “Yeah, I do,” I responded sleepily. With that Gerard walked me back to his car and drove back into the city. Half way through the drive I fell asleep staring at Gerard. I was woken up by a gentle shake of my shoulder.

“Wake up Dahlia, You’re home,” Gerard whispered. I felt him move my hair out of my face, softly. His baby soft hands brushed over my cheek as I opened my sleepy eyes.

“I fell asleep on you,” I said, stretching my neck. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s quite alright. You were quite cute as you slept. I never knew someone who could mumble about the same person constantly in their sleep,” he said laughing quietly.

“I was mumbling?”

“Yes, you were sugar. I’m flattered by the way. I didn’t think my hands were that soft,” he said. “Now come you sleepy head, let me walk you to the door.” Gerard climbed out of the car and walked around to my side. He opened the door and I flopped out into his arms. I didn’t even know how I was walking straight. Gerard scooped me into his arms and carried me up the front steps.

“Keys are in the bottom of the bag,” I mumbled, my eyes slipping shut again. He gently set me down and I heard him dig through my bag for my keys. Gerard let out a small giggle when I heard him pull them out.

“Hello Kitty fan I see,” he said. “Signed too, by whom though? It’s faded.”

“Frank, he signed it at a Leathermouth show. It’s the key with the lightning bolts,” I sleepily said. I kept my eyes open long enough to watch Gerard open the door. I was then once again in his arms being carried.

“Where to, sleeping beauty?” He asked.

“Fifth floor, third door to the right…”

“Gotcha,” he said ascending the stairs. My eyes slipped shut once again.

“Wake up again Dahlia, I need you to tell me which key,” I heard him say.

“Flames,” I yawned. I was once again in and out of dreamland. My apartment seemed to blur past me as Gerard carried me inside. It was dark and I knew Greg had left already. Despite my lack of focus I knew when I reached my room. It was cluttered, but I knew Gerard could navigate through it.

“Here you are sugar, your bed,” he said, putting me down. I sank into the cushiony softness of my purple bed.

“Thank you Gee,” I said, opening my eyes to see his face.

“Oh you’re welcome Dahlia. I’ll call you tomorrow alright? Now sleep tight and sweet dreams.” With that Gerard kissed my forehead and then tucked me in for the night. He was such a sweetie. I saw him set my bag on my desk and I watched him walk out of my bedroom, closing the door. Then the front door was closed and locked. I let the sleep takeover.