Status: Re-Write

Secrets and Temptations

Chapter 2

I made my way through the town blaring Sleeping With Sirens. I probably made a few enemies on the road with my driving, but I can't apologize for my New York driving… well, I won't at least. Well, at least I can say that I didn't look at my phone like an idiot.

“Here it is.” I murmured to myself as I found the hardware store. “Crown Ace huh?” I smiled before getting out of my car and making my way to the entrance. “Time for fun.” I smiled as I walked in.

I made my way to the front counter and asked to be directed to the paint section. I'm not going to even lie and say I know where shit is because all hardware stores are the same in reality. I mean Home Dept. and Lowes are two total different places… at least that's what my carpenter uncle used to always say. In all honesty, I just didn't want to waste time looking for the paint when I had plans and a room to paint.

“Here you are miss.” The young guy- maybe in his late teens- said as he gave me a flirtatious smile. I nodded politely before leaving his side and moving towards the spray paint.

I looked through the colors and thought of how I wanted to paint my walls. I didn't want to stick to one color, so I started picking up purples, blues, pinks, and reds. I was mostly aiming for the neon colors, but I did pick out some neutral shades of black and gray. I kept getting weird looks from old people when I walked past them, but I figured it was just them being nosy because I wasn't a normal person in the town… that is until an elderly lady stepped up to me.

“Miss.” She said and I smiled at her. “If you don't mind me asking, are you a prostitute? I'm looking for someone to go to my grandson's prom with him.” I had to laugh at her candid personality. I guess people were looking at my outfit, not how unique I was.

“I'm sorry ma'm, but I'm not a prostitute.” Her smile faltered and I felt slightly bad. “But I believe you're grandson would feel flattered you'd do that for him.” I said and she smiled before grabbing my hand.

“You're really nice.” She beamed. We chatted a little longer while I accompanied her shopping. I found out her name was Elle and something honestly didn't feel quite right with her. It felt like as nice as she was, something was missing inside of her.

“Gandma!” I heard as a wave of bodies skidded to a stop in front of us.

“Brian, dear, what's wrong?” She asked as she helped the one with chocolate eyes from that group of seven in the book store. “Oh, Sin! This is the grandson I was telling you about! Are you sure you can't reconsider?” She asked and I busted out laughing. “Sweetie, are you okay?” The concern in her voice was sweet, but this whole thing was too funny for words.

“Oh god.” I wheezed as I clutched my sides. “This is funny.”

“Hey, share the joke!” Jimmy demanded as he picked up some of the paint cans I dropped. Oops, didn't know I dropped them.

“Elle approached me about buying my services.” I giggled out. “She wanted to pay me to accompany Brian to prom.” Everyone broke into a fit of laughter at Brian's expense.

“Thanks grandma.” Brian mumbled with a pink tint to his cheeks. “I do have a girlfriend you know.”

“But I like Sin! Oh, Sin, Brian calls himself Syn too.” She beamed and I had to swallow my laughter.

“Yes, I know. But, unlike him, my name isn't by choice; though it is still kick ass. It's on my birth certificate. 'Sin Achelois Harlot…' I know it's weird.” I laughed as I shifted my weight; I guess I still have issues with meeting knew people. “I have to go now. Gotta paint my room and shiz.” I shrugged. “Elle, it was a pleasure meeting you. Boys, it's been a riot meeting you twice.” I smiled before leaving them.

“Brian, dump your girlfriend for her.” I heard Elle say as I rounded the corner to get the letter stencils before checking out.

*~*~*


“Finally.” I breathed as I moved away from the last wall.

My mother had the walls already painted a white color and she told me that I wasn't allowed to have outrageous room colors like I had when I was in high school. Honestly, I agreed with her, but I didn't want all white walls like I had when we lived in our last apartment. We came to the decision that I would thoroughly plan out what I wanted in my room and if she liked it, I could go ahead and do it. So now I finally have a room that I'm deeply in love with… for now.

I had painted my walls a pure snow white color and used spray paint to put up some quotes that I liked and had saved to my tumblr account so I could have them on my walls. I took sharpies and wrote book quotes all over the bookcase. I managed to put a curtain over the entrance of my bed so that instead of seeing where I sleep, people get to see a black sheer curtain. It was a pain in the ass installing the rod though so that it could be pulled back easily. My walls had slightly loose lights dangling along the top so that even if I wanted to turn off the main light, I still had fairy lights.

“Nice.” I heard my mom say from the door way. I turned to her with a smile and undid my hair. “Did you do everything yourself again?” She asked as she pointed to my desk facing the wall opposite my closet- that was to the right of my door- and my t.v. on a stand across from my bed under the light switch to the right of my door. I had gotten rid of my DVD stand since I had the book case shelves.

“Yeap.” I grinned while flexing my muscles. “Who needs men when you're strong enough?” I jested before kissing my forearms. She laughed as she pulled out my rolling chair and sat down.

“It feels empty still.” She stated and I shrugged.

“My crap is still packed up… but yeah, you're right. My books and pictures should help, but I need more furniture in here.” I confessed.

“Would you like some money for it?” She questions, but I shake my head at her proposal.

“I got a job so I'll get something with the money I have saved up tomorrow… maybe even a new tattoo.” I grinned and she shook her head.

“You'd get the tattoo before you get anything else.” She quipped and I nodded. I mean, at least she knew my addiction. “So, plans have changed.” Her tone was serious and I gave her a glance to tell her to continue while I started unpacking my clothes. “Dan is moving in sooner that we thought. Apparently him and his girlfriend broke up.” I have to give credit to my mom, she at least knows I'm not a fan of her step-son.

“Well, I guess that can't be helped.” I say nonchalantly. “I need to unpack.” I murmur.

“Okay.” I hear her get up from my chair and sigh when her door closes.

I walked to the side of the bookcase and pulled out the box labeled 'PICTURES.' The first picture I pulled out was of my coworkers and I… well at least the produce members. We were at Bealfire's house having a pool party and his dad took the picture. Noel- the manager- had her arm wrapped around her wife's shoulders while Jasmine- Noel's wife- was telling her to smile at the camera instead of looking at her. Neko- the assistant manager- was yelling at Bealfire and Justin to stop shooting each other with the water guns at a close range so we could take the picture. Jon, Vince, and I were joking around so we weren't even looking at the camera either. Three people were missing from the picture, but Nate was working his other job and the other two had to actually work the department.

“This actually sums up how stupid we are.” I laughed as I hung the picture above the quote 'I appreciate meaningful conversations that make me think. I appreciate people who make me feel.' It fit them just fine.

I picked up another picture laughed. It was a picture of Cosmos and I sitting opposite each other with one of our legs on the opposite wall. Judging by the seriousness of her expression and me flipping the person off, it must have been a vent session. I decided this one was going to be placed on one of the shelves next to Mateus William's quote 'We mature with the damage, not with the years.'

My day and night consisted of unpacking my pictures, books, clothes, and other stuff until my mom called about dinner. I looked around my room and at the pile of collapsed boxes with a satisfied grin. I was at least out of the boxes, but I wasn't done by any means. The bookcase still had some empty shelves that I needed to fill with books and DVDs. My walls were covered in my photos that could hang up, but there was still space for more memories. My desk only had my laptop and it's accessories on it. Since I had all my pictures on it in the past, I think I'll buy some plants or something to put on the empty shelves. I was thankful I was able to hook my tv, dvd player, and Xbox up before dinner so I didn't have to fight with the cables on a full belly.

“Sin! It's time to eat!” My mom called from the stairs and I sniffed the air to see if it was her cooking or take out… it smelled like Chinese so definitely take out.

“I'm coming!” I walked out of my room as I fixed my hair into a proper ponytail. It fell out earlier and was now getting on my nerves. “Did you order my favorite?” I questioned when I met her on at the bottom of the steps.

“No, I actually ordered everything but your favorite.” She sighed and I shook my head.

“How dare you? I don't see how I can call you my mother.” I jested as we walked into the dining room. “It looks nice in here.” They smiled at the compliment.

“Thanks. Most of the house is done now. Dan just needs to get here and set up his room.” Jack said as I broke my chopsticks to eat.

“So if the kitchen is done, why are we having this?” I furrowed my brows at my mother.

“We need to go shopping for food… and honestly I'm too tired to cook.” She laughed and I shrugged. I'm not really complaining, just curious. “So, how was your day?”

“Well, I got the job.” I smiled.

“I knew you would.” Jack congratulated me. I gave him a slight smile before turning back to my mom. I can be civil with him, but I'd honestly rather not attempt right now.

“I also ran into the members of my favorite band.” I beamed and she looked puzzled. “Avenged Sevenfold.” I clarified and a knowing look passed over her.

“Oh… wait, didn't you and Comos meet them before?” She asked and I shrugged.

“Yeah, but they didn't recognize me so it was like meeting them for the first time all over again.”

“It's a miracle Comos recognizes you with all the changes you put your body through.” Jack pointed out my latest modifications and I just gave him a polite smile before going back to eating.

Jack is old school and doesn't quite understand my addictions. It's not like he says anything negative about them, but he just doesn't understand. My mom just asks if the tattoos or piercings hurt and how much they cost. I know she wants one of her father that passed when I was a little brat, so I figured she's trying to assess how much her wallet will take a beating and how painful it would be to her. I tell her all the time not to take my word for it because I've never felt much- if any- pain from my piercings and tattoos.

“If you do get tattooed tomorrow, what are you going to get?” My mom asked as I put a sweet and sour chicken in my mouth.

“I might start on my sleeves.” I said after swallowing my food. “My arms and legs are pretty much the only place I can ink up now… unless I do my neck and face.” I grimaced at the thought. “Which I probably won't do my face.”

“Good.” She laughed before silence fell over us. We ate the rest of our dinner in a comfortable silence.

It actually wasn't so bad sitting with them for once and if I was an outsider, I would have said we made the perfect family… but looks are deceiving. I'm not saying we're a big dysfunctional family… but we aren't as happy as we may be right now. My mother used to have an alcohol problem, but it's under control now that she spends a lot of her time working or going to the gym. Jack, for the most part, is an okay guy, but when he gets angry… he has a violent streak. Dan isn't a step-brother to me. I honestly count my dad's wife's son as more of a step-brother than Dan. So, Dan is insignificant to me. To be completely honest, I'm probably the biggest cause of any dysfunction we have.

I'm the type of person who doesn't like being controlled. If I bend to someone's request, it's because I don't see any harm in compromising. However, most of the time I do things my way and I don't take people's warnings into consideration. This is probably because I'm always bored and looking for something- or someone- to entertain me. My main philosophy on life is 'do what makes you happy, as long as it doesn't bring unwanted harm to others.' In a sense, my name fits since I encourage sin.

“Sin, can you take out the trash before going to your room?” My mom asked as I brought in the last of the dishes and she finished scraping the plates in the garbage.

“Sure.” I smiled as I took the bag out of the bin and tied it. “Mom.” I called as I slipped on my flip-flops. She looked at me and I bit my lip. “When is Dan getting here?”

“Tomorrow.” She gave me a sympathetic look before I disappeared out the door.

Tomorrow is too close. I thought as I walked the trash to the recycle bins.

The loud music from across the street caught my attention from my own thoughts. I looked over to see a big party going on and I had to laugh. It would've been a long night for us, but I think we're all too tired to really focus on the loud noises. I was also surprised since Jack's new job allowed us to move into a gated community with rich people, so the idea of a wild party didn't even cross my mind.

“Come back here Vengeance!” I heard someone scream as Zacky ran away with something tucked into his arms.

“Oh boy.” I whispered as I realized that I either live near one of the Avenged guys or one of their friends. This should be an interesting life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter up!

Desk
Chair