Hexes and Chocolate

Readings

"Athena! Do you have anymore of these spell on the go satchels?"

I sighed a bit, trying to balance a box of new candles, I had spent the night blessing them and then charging under the full moon.

"Not right now I'll make some up tonight and bring them in!" I yelled to my best friend, Katherine. I ran a hand though my hair after I put my box down and went to get a notebook to write down what all I needed to bring in tomorrow morning. I never thought that my little Wiccan store in Salem would get this popular. Honestly though my store wasn't what I wanted it to be. To many of my customers were just tourists looking for "magick". I wanted it to be a true Wiccan store, but beggars can't be choosers. Plus I was one of the most popular stores in town and for a 22 year old that is quite an accomplishment.

"Athena!!" I was snapped out of my thoughts by her yelling, which also made me jump out of my skin at the same time.

"I'm coming" I mumbled, going out to the front of the store to see what she needed.

After another long busy day I flopped down into the couch I kept in the back for my tarot readings. I sighed, wishing for the first time in my life that Halloween would just come already. Everyone and their brother came to Salem for all the Halloween/Samhain* celebrations. I flinched when I heard the little bell chime when yet another customer came in. Thank god I could throw them out pretty soon. I sighed and forced myself up off the couch.

"Hi welcome to Hex Olde World Witchery" I said, sounding very monotone as I walked out to the front of the store. I jumped a bit when I heavily accented voice came from behind me.

"Hello"

I spun around and was greeted by a light brown haired man, looking down at me.

"Son of a witch! You scared the crap outta me!" I said, taking a second to calm down and take him in. He wasn't much taller than me, but seeing as I'm only 5'2 most everyone is taller than me. He had beautiful brown eyes outlined in thick black eyeliner. His hair was shoulder length with a wave to it. I was snapped out of my staring by his chuckle.

"Son of a witch is a new one." He said in his Japanese accent and gave me a dazzling smile, which only made me blush a light pink

"Sorry they frown on swearing in front of tourist with kids so it just kinda stuck." I shrugged a bit and took half a step back

"I'm sorry but I will be closing up pretty soon. Did you need help finding anything? "

"I'm sorry, I was just curious. I have never been in a shop like this before and you were the only one still open."

I nodded, trying to decide if I should throw him out and tell him to come back tomorrow or not. I sighed internally and figured it wouldn't hurt to just let him look around. I ran a hand though my hair and looked up at him.

"You are more than welcome to look around, ask any questions you want. I just have to finish some things up."

He nodded and smiled at me

"Thank you" He said as he started to look around. While I had the moment I went and cleaned up the counter, glancing up to see him examining a rather large and very pricey crystal ball. I giggled a bit as I watched him intently looking at it.

"Are you doing a reading over there?" I asked, trying to suppress another giggle at his slightly confused look.

"I just never seen one before....." He murmured.

I walked over to him and picked up the very heavy ball.

"These are more for show, I prefer a quartz ball that has a lot of infractions in it. These are for doing crystal ball readings. I specialize in divination myself" I said as I gingerly laid the ball back into its holder. I turned back to him and smiled a bit.

"Come on I'll do a few readings for you for free"

I held in another giggle as his face lit up

"I won't turn that down"

I laughed as I lead him back to my little secluded area that I did readings. There was just enough room behind were I put the antique Japanese screen (best purchase I EVER made!) for a small couch, a good size table, two chairs, along with all my tools for divination. I sat down and motioned for him to sit across from me.

"I never did get your name" He said, looking up at me as I cleansed my cards with some water sprinkled over the top.

"Oh I'm sorry, I'm Ruki"

"I'm Athena, nice to meet you."
♠ ♠ ♠
*Samhain is pronounced SOW-in.

Just a shorter opening chapter. Hope everyone likes it!