Hexes and Chocolate

New Beginnings

I gave Katherine a smile as we pulled up to the parking lot were the boys tour bus was parked.

"You sure about this?"

"As sure as I'll ever be"

We parked and got out. I headed up to the bus first, knocking on the door. Reita opened the door and smiled at us.

"Hey lover boy your girlfriend is here!"

"REITA!"

I laughed at Ruki's yelling and slipped onto the bus with Katherine.

"Its ok Ruki."

I teased softly, sitting down next to him while Katherine sat down next to Aoi. I gave his cheek a little poke to get a laugh out of him. I grinned in triumph as he chuckled softly.

"Have you girls decided what you want to do?"

We nodded and smiled at him. I noticed his face fell when he realized we didn't have any bags with us.

"Just saying goodbye then?"

"We already said our goodbyes"

"We are going to come with you guys!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About a week later we were already three states away, heading to Detroit for a small show. To say we were having a few problems adjusting would be an understatement. Katherine and I were sharing the big bed in the back. Even with being use to stuck in my shop all day, being stuck on the bus was taking some getting use to. Ruki could tell that I was getting antsy so he decided to get me off the bus and go out to eat.

I was standing in the bathroom, sighing trying to get my hair up when Ruki came in

"Oh sorry! I didn't know you were in here."

"Its ok"

I huffed and let my arms fall, her hair falling down with it. I let out a groan and flopped down onto the toilet. He chuckled softly, walking over to me

"Do you need some help?"

"Yes please"

I looked up at him, my arms hurt and my hair was annoying me. He smiled and walked over to me, listening to me trying to explain what I wanted to do. He got started, brushing and gently working with my hair.

"You should layer it and shorten it to do more styles like this"

"I have wanted to but I never had the time."

"I could cut it for you. I cut and trim my hair all the time while we are on tour, since its impossible for me to go and get it done."

I looked up at him just slightly, very slightly surprised.

"Really? You could do that?"

He nodded and smiled, putting the last bobby pin in my head.

"All done!"

I got up and grinned

"Ruki I think you missed your calling."

"Yeah I guess I did"

He laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist. I blushed slightly, smiling as I looked at him in the mirror.

"Want to do my makeup too?"

"If you want. I love doing that......cause it means I can do whatever I want!"

He let out an evil sounding laugh, which only made me laugh.

"You are an idiot."

"Oh I know. But you like me for it"

"For a reasons only the goddess knows why."

I giggled and sat myself on the bathroom sink and handed him my makeup bag.

"Go to town"

He grinned like a kid in a candy store and got to work. Within 15 minutes he was done. I looked up at him, batting my eyelashes.

"Do I look just oh so pretty?"

"Turn around and see."

He smiled, helping me down and watched me turn around. I grinned when I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Its perfect!!"

I turned around and gave him a peck on the cheek, hurrying off to get dressed. Ten minutes later I was walking out to the main area of the bus. I swear Ruki's jaw dropped when I walked out. Since it was colder I put on my floor length black dress that had full bell sleeves. I had thrown a cranberry shawl over my shoulders just in case I got cold. I blushed softly at the huge grin that crossed his face.

"You look beautiful Athena."

"Thank you Ruki"

He smiled and took my hand, leading me off the bus. We walked for a while before we ended up at a little Chinese takeout place. We got something small to share and went for a walk in a small local park. We ended up talking for a good two hours while we walked around the park. As we were heading back home I paused at a little clearing were the moon was shining down.

"Hey Ruki.....do you mind if I stop here for a few minutes?"

"Not at all."

"I just.....I miss practicing.....I use to meditate every night......and I haven't done that in a few weeks."

"Oh of course! I don't mind!"

He gave me a soft smile. I smiled back and headed over to the clearing, sitting down in the middle. I sat down and cast my circle, meditating for a little while. I finally got up what seemed like a few minutes later, feeling refreshed. Ruki was sitting a few feet away, watching me.

"You looked very peaceful."

I blushed a bit and walked over, giving him a hand to stand up

"I felt peaceful. Was I there long?"

"About 45 minutes"

"45 minutes?? I'm sorry! You should have said something!"

He shook his head, smiling softly.

"No you looked so happy....I wasn't going to disturb you."

He gave me a little kiss on my head and we walked hand in hand to the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not perfect. just nice Ruki and Athena lovely dovey moments lol. Thanks to Angel Von Ripper for sending me some promps that got the juices flowing! lol