Chapters of a Shockingly Average Teenage Life

Rebirth

I don't know how to tell stories. I leave important things out and they're either too boring or too complicated or just stupid. I also don't know how to catch you up on 16 years of life.. I don't know what to say. So maybe I should just cover the basics in this short chapter. I'll let you know what you need to know and don't you worry yourself about the rest of it.

I am going into my junior year of high school. My mom doesn't work and my dad is some kind of financial manager. He's really good at what he does and he's very nice. My sister is going into her sophomore year of college, and she loves it. She's very independent. My parents are cool but not the kind of parents that try to be cool. They're just very indifferent compared to some crazy ones.

I have a small group of friends, but I don't think I'm really friends with any of them. Maybe a couple.. But what does it matter anyway? We'll all go separate ways in two years. There was sort of a boy. I had a crazy dorky crush on him all of freshmen and sophomore year and then this summer had a short-lived fling kinda thing* with him. He left for college a few days ago.

School starts tomorrow, so I'm sitting in my bedroom. Thinking back on the summer, I thought a few things happened that I could write about and then I was all "Hey what if I kept, like, a diary of junior year?" It'll probably be sad and/or boring, but I guess it's worth a shot.. I went to France so I guess I"ll start in France.

*We just hooked up in various parks and parking lots.. don't go all soft and romantic on me.