Chapters of a Shockingly Average Teenage Life

Cocks

I arrived in Meyzieu, Lyon with my grandmother (a fellow American) and my French uncles. My grandmother never fails to give me a hard time. There's a lesson in everything I do, mainly because I "do everything wrong" or something. I personally think she just wouldn't know what to do with her hands if she was shaking them around explaining something to anyone who would listen. I don't hate her, she just has always liked my sister better.. so I chose to like anyone else's company better. I see it as a fair trade off.

I decide to go for a run. I've always loved running, but not competitive running. So I ignore MaryAnn's, the grandmother's, wishes and snake my way into downtown Meyzieu. I stop at the Tram station to stretch a little and a car pulls up and lets people off. A group of teenage boys get off and start to cross the tracks walking away from me.. but low and behold, one starts to walk (a little too quickly) towards me. Freaked and worried I won't understand what he says to me, I turn and run, pretending not to notice he was walking towards me. Later on, a car full of different teenage boys honks at me as I'm running. Still can't decide if that's a success or stress.

One stress for sure was getting lost on that same run. But no worries, I figured it out and returned home just before MaryAnn had a freak out. We eat dinner and then the leftovers go to the chickens. Yes, the chickens. Bet you were wondering why this chapter was named cocks, but get your filthy head out of the gutter. We are talking about chickens that lay eggs and squawk. One day I tried to befriend the chickens, but I quickly gave up.