Sequel: Sweet Child O' Mine

Mercy

Chapter 10

"You cannot sleep in here." she tells him as he lays back down on the bed a few minutes later, putting both hands behind his head and closing his eyes. "Why not... I'll be ready for round two here in a minute." he says smirking. "Maybe sooner with a little oral encouragement..."

"No one ever promised you a round two." she says, throwing his boxers at him. "Feisty." he says, slapping her on the ass as she bent over to pick her clothes up.

"You know your supposed to do that while we're having sex, right?" she says climbing on top of him, to straddle his waist.

"I'll be sure to remember that next time." he says, rubbing her thighs and grinning like a jackass.

"There's no promises." she says, leaning over him.

"Good, no one keeps their promises anyway." he responds before burying his hands in her thick hair and kissing her softly.

"Still hate me?" he asks, trailing a few kisses across her jaw.

"More than ever." She moans as he licks the sensitive skin just behind her ear.

The next morning brought about a flurry of activity; Leland knocked on Nikki's door early to let her know that he was leaving and she needed to listen out for Bailee because the family had gotten a lead on a woman they had been trying to find for quite some time.

When she finally pried her eyes open, she instantly regretted last nights activities. Her whole body ached in places she didn't know could ache. Duane Lee had been rougher than the last man she'd had sex with, which was quite some time ago. "I'm out of practice." she said stretching before getting out of bed.

Most of the day had been peaceful, she and Bailee had played outside in the pool, took a nap in the sun and enjoying being alone. "DaDa" Bailee says seeing Leland walking outside toward them. "Hey Baby." he says happily as he picks her up.

"What are you girls up to?" he asks, sitting on the end of the lounge chair Nikki was laying in. "Not much, just relaxing. We swam for a little while and took a long nap. It was a good day, wasn't it sweetpea?" Nikki says, reaching out to tickle the little girl.

"How was your day?" she asks Leland. "Pretty good. We got our girl and took her to jail." he says smiling and looking back toward the house. "I'll be back in a minute. I see my dad motioning for me." he tells Nikki before disappearing into the house. He wasn't gone two minutes before she heard them yelling at each other. She picked the baby up and their things and walked into the house to investigate.

"Come on." Leland says, grabbing Nikki by the arm as soon as she walks inside, "We're going home."

"Leland, slow down." she says, trying to stop him from dragging her through the house. "Stop for a minute and tell me what’s wrong."

"My family, that’s what’s fucking wrong. They don't love my daughter the way they love the other kids." He yells loudly so the whole house could hear him.

"Are you sure you're not imagining it?" she asks him. "You know I'm not. When was the last time they took her anywhere with them? When was the last time you saw them playing with her? I'm not crazy Nikki." he says running a hand through his hair.

"Okay, okay... I'll start packing our things. You need to sit down or something, you're too worked up right now." she says pushing him into the nearest chair. She didn't know what had happened, she only knew that she had never seen Leland this pissed off.