Status: Trying to stay updated! :)

Breath Me.

Prologue

Cait and Kyle just moved to Pittsburgh a few months ago. Packing boxes still litter corners of their spacious three bedroom two and half bathroom Victorian rental home. Halls are littered with memories in black and white. Clean. Classic. But there's a boxed yet unpacked. Tucked neatly under the unused kitchen table. Still taped. "For another day" Cait replies every time Kyle asks. He doesn't mind. He knows better.
The day is Saturday. Mid August. Unusually chilly for so early in the year. Cait makes sure to get Vader, her black German Shepherd ushered inside for the night before heading off to work with Kyle. Vader paces around Cait while she calls to Kyle, begging him to be quick. He stumbles down the stairs, grabbing a coat and hat before following her to the car.
Melodies is a cozy but spacious dueling piano bar located in the cultural district of downtown Pittsburgh. Tonight Cait and Kyle will perform their last shows before using their degrees for work. She sings along wordlessly to save her voice while Kyle swerves in and out of traffic. They finally park and walk a few blocks to the back door, and prepare for the bright lights of the small stage.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
He drives carefully thru the streets of downtown Pittsburgh, enjoying the strong tint of his windows. No celebrity when your alone. Wearing a hat. Leather coat. Almost invisible. Try not to speak he thinks. His thick Russian accent is his curse. He could speak and gather crowds of fans quickly. Sign this pose with me here yada yada yada. He wanted to be invisible up until the first official practice on Monday. Evgeni spotted a few people standing in queue from the street, leading to a small awning. Melodies lit the top, florescent yellow. He figures that would be a nice place to go unnoticed. Seems dark, they surely serve drinks and such. He decides to pull to the side, looking for a parking spot. He climbs out of his BMW, tugging his baseball cap down, walking briskly with his head down. He reaches the door, paying the bouncer his cover quickly. He climbs into a booth lit by a small candle and lights pulsing softly. He notes the few musicians moving about the stage. He orders a rum and coke from a passing waiter, just as the lights dim for a man and woman to take the stage. The woman is dressed in black leggings, and white crop tank, and a red and blue flannel. Glasses are worn, her hair wavy and falling from a black beanie. She introduces herself, and the man, but Evgeni doesn't focus quickly enough. She starts to play a song, and softly starts singing "you got that look in your eyes eyes, i can tell you had bad dreams last night".
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone! Hopefully you enjoy this story :) I've been working on a story line similar to this for a few months on paper and in my mind, and hopefully it pans out! Thanks for reading!!