Status: Trying to stay updated! :)

Breath Me.

Chapter One

"Lets Marvin Gaye and get it on, you got that healin that I want" Kyle belts, opening the song while Cait keeps the melody with her piano. She waits til chiming in at Meghan Trainers verse. She scans the dark lit room, noting the number of groups, what the groups are made of, bachelorette parties, couples double dating, men posted at the bar eyeing the various woman dancing with each other just past the stage. A pretty routine Saturday night at Melodies. As the song ends, she turns to the crowd, beckoning patrons to fill out request forms and drop them in the fishbowls on the pianos, and alerting the band of any special birthdays or events in house. She already bet Tony the drummer that there were gonna be 25 birthdays celebrated tonight. She sips her water with lime as she moves from behind the piano allowing Alex to take her spot. She stands behind the sub woofer, in front of a chalk board reading "GOODBYE CAIT AND KYLE!" She takes in the room. She will surely be back throughout the year. Alex and Kyle sing Uptown Funk, a constant request this summer. As they enter the chorus, Mike comes over, throwing his arm around her, "Cait, I cant believe its already August. I'm gonna miss the two of you, I will be on the lookout for ya in the crowd." "Your'e too sweet Mike. Ky and I will be back, even if I have to drag him kicking and screaming. My body is set to convulse if I dont hear 'Piano Man' at least three times a week" she jokes, finishing her drink.
A request for 'Shake It Out' by Florence + The Machine is put in the bowl, ushering Cait forward. She sings convincingly, causing the woman to wave their phones in the air, echoing lighters of days past. She smirks, singing the verse "but it's always darkest before the dawn." She then locks eyes. Its almost to dark, but she knows him immediately. He is sitting alone in a booth. The candle catching his features quickly just to release them to the darkness. She continues to sing, out of habit mostly, thankfully or she would have seemed a fool. She literally shakes her head, glancing to Kyle now standing in front of the pianos, setting up the guitar to sing "Kick the Dust Up" by Luke Bryan. She smiles to let him know shes fine. Hes used to her mentally pausing for reflection. Since Trent.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
He thanks the waitress as she sets down his drink. He starting moving his foot to the beat of the song unconscious. He relaxes into the leather seat back. 'This is nice' he thinks, sitting alone, no one bothering him for autographs. He chocks it up to bad lighting and people being more into themselves then others in here. He focuses on the band.
Her smile. It lifts her cheeks, causing a slight blush. He can see it clear as day, even 20 feet from her. She keeps glancing at the other on the piano. They are probably together. 'I can still look at her' he figures. He notes how she scans the room repeatedly, which seems normal for a singer. As the song finishes, she says cheerfully "Please make your night better by requesting your favorite songs! Old or new! The Melodies Band is here to help celebrate anything from birthdays to girls nights out!"
He catches the eye of the waiter again, ordering another rum and coke. The waiter has a impeccable ability of blocking any view of the stage in the 2 minutes they were standing there, and as the head to the bar, Geno notices the girl has been replaced. In her spots sits another woman, singing along to the ever present 'Uptown Funk'. He searches the stage area, thinking shes gone, but notices her standing off to the side. She sips her drink, chatting with another band member.
With her standing, he notes her figure. Tall, probably 5'9", super athletic, probably Volleyball? He also takes a second to assess how tan she is, for living here. He watches her approach the piano yet again, smiling. The lighting is better on the stage. He sips as she starts singing. Women crowd the area in front of the stage as she sings, causing echos throughout the room. Then it happens. Her eyes. A dark green gold. He sees them so clearly. Then he realizes why. Shes staring right back at him. She continues singing, but her gaze is lingering. She flushes, slightly shaking her head, seemingly pulling herself back to reality as the song closes. She laughing silently, as another band member opens a new song. His phone buzzes. He glances down. "How does A spend his last Saturday before preseason???" the phones states. Evgeni chuckles. Kris must be back in town. "At bar, looking a pretty girls" he writes quickly.