Would You Fall Too?

11: Someone To Impress

“We should go out somewhere” Sergio mused as he rested back on Emilie’s couch, his eyes staring vacantly at the television ahead of them. It had been a usual night, Sergio had shown up with dinner and Emilie had been quick to set him a place, but after a while watching some cooking show she insisted she loved, he found himself a little bored. He knew that they were taking baby steps, Emilie even allowing him in her home was a big deal, but he was slowly getting bored with their little routine. He knew that she wanted to be careful, after nearly 3 months of dinners, he had noticed that being tentative was a big part of her personality, but he wanted her to take a risk, even if it was to be a small one like going out to coffee with him. He wanted her to know that she could trust him.

“And where do you propose we go that means people won’t stare at us?” Emilie posed, her eyes not shifting away from the screen.

“We could go anywhere” Sergio replied, sitting up slightly “I know all sorts of places we could go” he added.

Emilie scoffed a little. “Aren’t you like a god to some people?” she posed.

“I think god might be a stretch, but I don’t think it matters. I want to get out of here, do something” Sergio replied.

Emilie lifted the remote and switched off the television, turning the stare of her blue eyes towards the defender who sat on her couch. “Sergio, I…”

“Please, Emmy” Sergio interrupted “You know I like coming here, these dinners have become one of my favourite parts of the week, but I don’t see why we have to stay cooped up in here. I know how you are, I think 3 months is enough time to get an idea, but I would be with you and that would make it better” he explained, offering her a slightly hopeful look.

Emilie sighed. “I don’t know, Sese” she mused, her lips forming a faint smile at the nickname.

“How about we do it as a trial?” Sergio suggested “We could go out now, get some coffee or take a walk in the park, and if you don’t hate it, perhaps it could become a regular thing” he noted gently. He didn’t want to go overboard, he didn’t want her to feel bombarded, but he wanted to get out for a little and he wanted to take her with him. The sight of her living room, whilst progress, was starting to bother him a little.

“Just a walk?” Emilie posed, peeking up at him through her eyelashes.

“We could be gone for half an hour. There’s a park around the corner from here and it’s a nice night out” he encouraged with a small grin.

Emilie thought for a moment, chewing gently on her lip.

Sergio shook his head and reached his hand out, gently squeezing hers. “Come on, Emmy” he enthused gently “It would be nice to get out of here for a little while wouldn’t it? You only tend to leave for work or to meet Isla” he noted.

Emilie nodded. “Alright” she agreed gently “One walk” she added.

Sergio nodded his head and quickly moved to pull on his jacket, something which made Emilie laugh slightly. “You’re eager” she commented as she moved to pull on her shoes which sat beside the door.

Sergio merely offered her a shrug, not wanting to admit that he had been waiting on her agreement to go out somewhere with him for weeks. “It’s a nice night” he noted.

Emilie pondered his line for a moment, wondering if his eagerness was more to do with her, but she quickly dismissed the idea. Sergio wasn’t interested in her like that, she doubted that he could be, and she didn’t want to contemplate it. It would only serve to make her look like a fool further down the line.

~#~
“You were right about it being a nice night out” Emilie noted as she wandered ahead of Sergio, her blue eyes admiring the serene Madrid night. It was a little late, just after 10, but she didn’t mind. She much preferred it when there were few people around.

“I was only saying it” Sergio commented, his long strides catching up with her “I figure you probably wouldn’t want to come if I told you it was cold” he noted.

“It is a little chilly” Emilie mused.

Sergio shrugged out of his jacket and moved to place it on her shoulders, smiling a little at his own cheesiness. Emilie startled a little at the feel of the jacket and turned, a small crease in her forehead. “What are you doing?” she posed.

“You’re cold” Sergio shrugged “And I am not quite done with walking yet, so you should keep that on” he noted.

“But you’ll get cold” Emilie commented, trying to push the jacket off of her.

Sergio laughed. “I think I’ll be fine” he smirked.

Emilie rolled her eyes. “You don’t have to act all macho, Sese. There’s no one around here that you need to impress” she mused as she took a couple steps ahead of him, wrapping his jacket around her a little more.

“Perhaps there is” Sergio noted, jogging a little to catch up with her.

Emilie shook her head. “You don’t have to impress me” she noted, turning to look at him briefly. She knew that he was being nice, if there was one thing she had learned about the defender in their time together it was that he was relentlessly nice, and she kind of wanted him to stop for a moment. His being nice was producing feelings in her she didn’t want to have.

Sergio smiled. “Maybe I want to” he noted gently, his shoulders offering a nonchalant shrug.

Emilie snorted. “With your choice of single women? Don’t be silly” she noted, her tone a little sharp.

Sergio furrowed his forehead. “Emmy?” he posed.

Emilie shook her head. “I…I think I want to go home” she stammered, her cheeks warm.

“But we’re having a nice time” Sergio reasoned, his forehead furrowed.

“I want to go home, Sergio” Emilie mumbled.

Sergio frowned gently. “Have I upset you somehow?” he posed gently, turning around to lead her back towards her home.

Emilie thought about telling him, his slightly flirty comment had gotten to her, but she opted against it. She didn’t want to have a conversation that she could only see ending one way. “It’s fine” she noted gently “I just want to go home” she added.

Sergio offered her a dubious look, but nodded his head gently. “Alright” he agreed softly “But we’re taking another walk in the future” he bargained.

Emilie offered him a small feeble smile and nodded her head, not wanting to upset him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)