When Hell Breaks Loose

Melody.

Hauling her two duffel bags up the stairs of the apartment complex, Melody couldn't wait to get some rest. After packing her things last minute for the move, which was also quite last minute, she had been on her feet all day and the London sun wasn't helping. Following the olive skinned landlord up the stairs, she huffed slightly. Such great manners for a man. He didn't even offer to take one of the clearly heavy bags from her to haul up to the third floor. But instead of complaining, Melody just rolled her eyes and followed him - she couldn't quite remember his name. Zack? Or something along those lines.

When Melody had seen the flat up for rent on some sort of housing website, she got excited. It was ridiculously cheap, considering the beautiful location and the advantages it had. Only five minutes from the local Asda and ten minutes from the train station, making for an easy commute to her university lectures. Reaching the top of the stairs, Melody paused slightly to inhale deeply, exhaling just the same. "So this is the flat." The landlord, Zack? - Fuck! - mumbled, pushing the door open. Melody noticed he wasn't going to walk in, so she took several steps forward. "And these are your keys." He mumbled, pulling out a set of keys from the pocket of his leather jacket, dropping them in to Melody's half opened palm. "Your room is second to the right, and one of your roommates are already there."

Melody frowned slightly. Roommates? She hadn't agreed to roommates, but reluctantly, she agreed. For a flat so cheap, she couldn't really complain. And with four rooms? She should have known that someone else had snapped up the deal too. "Alright." Melody smiled, nodding. "Uh, thanks." She glanced down at her keys, noticing one had a sticker on, of Mickey Mouse. She smiled. That must be her room key. Looking back up, she noticed that Zack, or whatever the fuck his name was, had already left.

"Huh." Melody mumbled, picking up her bags and carrying them inside. "Hello?" She called out, placing her bags down. Taking in the pastel coloured walls and the beautiful parquet floor, Melody had already fallen in love. Suddenly, a feeling of dread washed over Melody, causing her to shiver. She looked over her shoulder, the sense of being watched overtaking the feeling of dread. She jumped at the sound of a girl's voice.

"Hello." A friendly voice broke the silence. Melody turned back around and smiled at the young lady in front of her. The girl had blonde hair and a kind smile, complete with pretty eyes. Melody smiled back, finding the girl's smile infectious. "I'm Darlene. You must be one of the roommates."

"Yeah." Melody smiled, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "I'm Melody. Nice to meet you, Darlene." She smiled, shaking Darlene's extended hand, instantly feeling at ease with the girl. "So, did you know you'd be having roommates, or is this a surprise?" Melody teased lightly, making Darlene laugh.

"To be honest, I had no idea until Zayn told me." Darlene shrugged. Zayn! So that was his name.

"Me neither." Melody laughed. "And Zayn was a bit... I dunno, weird?" She laughed, Darlene nodding along.

"Yes! But he has a nice bum." Darlene chuckled, making Melody throw her head back in laughter. Melody couldn't help but agree. Despite his cold exterior, Zayn was a pretty boy and had a very nice bum.

"He does indeed, he's easy on the eyes." Melody laughed again, feeling comfortable with Darlene instantly. "Anyway, I better put my things in my room. I don't wanna scare off the other roommates." Melody laughed, picking up her duffel bags. Walking down the hallway to the second door on the right, Melody smiled and placed one bag on the floor, inserting her Mickey Mouse key in to the lock, pushing the door open excitedly.

A new life was finally happening!

Melody smiled as the large, spacious room came in to view, complete with a queen sized bed that was pressed up against the wall and a guitar in the corner. The person that rented this room before must have been a musician. Touching the guitar, Melody gasped as a surge of electricity travelled through her body, pulling her hand away quickly.

"Melody?" Darlene's voice came from the doorway. "Are you alright?"

Faking a smile, Melody turned around and nodded, the feeling of being watched suddenly becoming stronger. Before Melody could open her mouth to speak, Darlene nodded and offered another smile before disappearing around the corner, probably to her own room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyyy! Welcome to Melody's chapter. I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing! Have fun!

Effy x