Status: NOW ON WATTPAD

Rebellion

Here We Go

“Paige, wake up.” I heard a stern, impatient voice say followed by somewhat aggressive shaking. “Fuck off.” I groaned to whoever was starting to push my buttons. I rolled over on my side, facing away from whoever it was, and opened my eyes ever so slightly. Wait, where am I? My eyes shot open as I hastily sat up. I looked around, taking my surroundings in. There were three people around me, one of them being Hunter. Memories from last night slowly came back to me.

“Excuse me?” the woman standing closest to me said angrily, her eyes slowly turning black. I was frightened and confused, but I wasn’t going to let my guard down.
“Can I help you? You obviously feel the urge to speak to me.” I snapped. She let out a low growl, which frightened me even more. Keep your guard up. I looked at Hunter standing in the corner as he shot me a pleading look. My gaze returned to the woman, waiting for her to speak.

“Do not ever speak to me like that, Paige, or you will live to regret it. I do not take attitude lightly, especially in my house.” She stated. The other man that was in the room moved closer to her, whispering something in her ear. Her once tense body started to relax. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a few seconds before opening to reveal what are now hazel eyes. I am so confused..

“I’m sorry for getting annoyed with you, but I need your help to figure some things out that occured last night.” She began slowly. I nodded at her to continue. “First, which club were you at last night?” She asked. I glanced at Hunter, who gave me a small smile. I bit my lip before looking back at her. “I was at a club called The Black Widow with my friend Linda. When I was with Annabelle, we were somewhere between Fifth and Eighth Avenue.” I said, probably killing two birds with one stone.

“Were there any other people with Annabelle that you noticed?” I closed my eyes, thinking back to when Annabelle took me to the abandoned building. “No, it was just us two the whole time.” The woman let out a sigh while running her hands through her hair.

“Can I go home now? My friend is probably worried about me, and I have class at some point today that I should attend if I want to graduate anytime soon.” I spoke up catching all three of them off guard. “Are you still in high school?” The other male in the room said. “No, I’m a sophomore in college, so if you wouldn’t mind…” “You have to stay here for a while. It’s too dangerous out there for you, especially with Annabelle and her minions looking for you.” The woman said.
“ I’m a grown woman and you are not my mother. I can do what I please.” I snapped. I was getting very annoyed at her.
“Paige, please just don’t argue right now, okay? I promise you that this is for your safety.” Hunter spoke up. He turned his glance to the other man and woman. “ I will take her to get some things from her home, if you don’t mind, Olivia.” So that’s her name.
“Don’t let her out of your sight.” Olivia growled before leaving the infirmary with the other man close on her trail. “Come on, let’s go grab your things.” Hunter said. I followed him out of the base and I began to tell him where to go.

I pushed the key into the lock of my small apartment and pushed the door open. I gasped at what I saw. My apartment was trashed. My books were torn and the pages were all over the floor. All my dishes had been smashed, and there was a slash in my couch. I felt tears roll down my cheeks. “I.. who..” I couldn’t even form words. I had worked so hard for all of this. “Paige, It’s okay, we”ll find out who did this, I promise. Let’s see what we can find for you, okay?” Hunter said. I nodded making my way for my bedroom. There was a loud crash from behind the door. I stopped in my tracks to terrified to go in. Hunter stood in front of me protectively as he pushed the door open. He let out a loud growl and his eyes went black.

“What are you doing here?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry this took so long to get posted. College has kept me very busy. But my co-author and I are back in action. WOO! Leave comments, tell us what you like and what you don't like. Or talk about chocolate cake. I enjoy cake. Stay well! :)

- Wonderland_