Time Is on Our Side

Chapter Nine

Green eyes slowly blinked open as the owner found himself staring up at a ceiling. He blinked back the blurriness and let out a husky moan as he felt his head pound in time to the music that was blaring underneath him.

It took Dean several minutes of laying there, before he remembered what put him in such a fog.

After being busted for the peeping tom that he was, Dean heard her car start up and pull away from the condo. He had glanced at the clock to see it was past one and was a little curious as to where she was going. He had an itch to follow her, see that she was up to. But he couldn't, he already crossed the line once. So, he walked to the store a block away, bought a six pack of beer an consumed them.

He turned his head to see the empty six pack lying on the table. Sitting next to it, was a green duffel bag that he had purchased at a mega store next to the gas station. Feeling something tickling the back of his mind, Dean knew he had to set off again and discover who he was.

First things first, he had to tell her thank you for all her hospitality.

He threw the covers off of him as he found his jeans by the chair. As he opened the door he slid the black tee shirt over his head and followed the music down the stairs, to where the garage door was located. With his hand on the doorknob, he paused as he heard the song playing.

Mama told me when I was young

"Come sit beside me, my only son

And listen closely to what I say

And if you do this it'll help you some sunny day"

Dean pushed open the garage door and stepped inside the dust covered garage. As he walked through the beams of sunlight, he noticed the back end of a dirty blue Charger. The music was coming through the speakers and he trailed his hand along the body as he heard a loud Clank!. Seconds later it was followed up a Son of a Whore!

Dean walked up to the front, where he saw a pair of denim clad legs hanging out of the engine compartment of the car. His eyes roamed up her legs to her ass. The white tank top she was wearing had slid up and let him see the bottom tip of her tattoo.

“That's, uh, some colorful language.”

A scream echoed under the hood and seconds later a head whipped up, smacking on the roof. Blue green eyes glared at him as Savannah hoped out of the car. “What the hell is wrong with you?” She muttered as she took a grease covered hand and rubbed her head.

Dean had a moment to look at her and he had to smile at the sight. Her tank top had slid down just a bit letting him see the top of a blue lacy bra. Her cheeks were smeared with grease and her hair was piled up on top of her head. “Hey, Sorry.”

When Savannah had come back from meeting Sam, her whole outlook on him had changed. She sat in silence as he told her what his father did, what his brother and him hunt. She didn't want to believe it, but how could she not? After all she had seen the past few years. She had tossed and turned, unable to sleep. She was keyed up and she knew what would calm her down. Working on her father's car.

Savannah turned from the man with the piercing green eyes and leaned back into the engine. A serious of moans and pants along with some more colorful language, had Dean leaning beside her.

“Here let me try.”

Savannah glared at him for a minute, wondering is she should trust this stranger with the last memory of her father. She let out a sigh and dropped the wrench into his out stretched hand. She leaned back, crossing her arms across her chest. 'You better not fuck up my car.”

“Relax Sweetheart,” Dean winked at her as he moved his hand in between the engine.

She watched him work. She couldn't help but noticed his biceps, how the muscles flexed as he worked the wrench and the way his tongue poked between his lips. After a few minutes, he stood up from the engine, a smile beaming on his face. “You're welcome.” He handed the wrench back to her.

As Savannah looked at Dean, Sams words echoed through her brain. What ever you do, make him stay.. “Say listen. My friend has this mechanic shop and he's looking for some help. Are you interested?”

Dean took a dirty rag off the car and began to wipe his hands as he looked at her. “I don't know. That depends.”

“On what?”

“I make you dinner. Just to say thanks."

Savannah placed her hands and looked up at him, shock on her face. “You? You cook?”

Dean chuckled and placed his eyes to the floor. “Yeah..don't act so shocked princess.”

Savannah felt a swirl in her stomach as he called her princess. It was such a mushy pet name, and she hated mushy crap, but when he said it, she shivered. For just a second, she imagined him underneath her, his green eyes so dark with lust, calling her that name. “I..I am just surprised. That's...that's a great step to getting your memory back.”

Dean tilted his head as he scratched the back of his neck. “Well...yeah..”

"I would love to. What time?”

Dean wasn't prepared for her to say yes. All the way down the stairs he hatched the plan. Then, it sounded so simple. “Uh...seven?”

She slid her mouth up into a grin as she placed the wrench on the frame of the Charger. “I'll bring the drinks.” She turned from him, walking to the end of the car and Dean got a great look of her ass. When she turned around he quickly looked back to the ground. “And..umm..here.”

Dean saw a glint of metal in her hands and as she tossed it, it landed in his palm. It was a set of keys. When he looked up at her, she was smiling. “Take care of her, uh? Hurley's all I got left of my dad.”

Dean looked at the keys, not sure what to say to the gesture. “You got it.”

***********

Savannah made yummy noises as she tucked into the dinner that Dean ended up making. It was a pasta dish that had some kind of Spanish name, she didn't care. It was the best food she had in a long time. Living on her own, Savannah lived off Chinese take out, feeling odd about making a gourmet dinner for just her.

When she walked into that apartment, a bottle of Whiskey under her arm, Savannah was very pleased by the delicious smell of garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes.

Dean smiled over the lip of his glass of scotch to see the look on Savannah's face. Her eyes were closed, her lips hitched up into a smile, her cheeks were flushed from the alcohol they had consumed. “That good huh?”

Savannah looked up from his plate and smiled around the bits of pasta. She swallowed her bite. “It's fantastic. Thank you. So you fix cars..and you can obviously cook,” She spread her hand over the empty plate, then lifted her blue green eyes up at him. “What else are you good at?”

HE grinned at her, feeling the buzz take over his mouth. “I don't know Princess. But won't it be fun to find out.” He winked at her as he sat the fork on the plate and wiped his mouth with the napkin. He slid his chair back as Savannah got up from the table. “Please..sit..I asked you to dinner.” He grabbed the half bottle of scotch. “Go sit, I'll refill our drinks.”

Savannah watched as Dean walked past her, feeling her head begin to get light-headed. She closed her eyes, feeling the pressure begin in the middle of her chest. She must have gasped, because Dean turned his head to see Savannah sitting at the table, her head bent to her chest, her eyes shut tightly, her fingers clutching the edge of the table. “Savannah?” He sat his plate back down on the table and knelt down next to her. He could hear a mewling sound coming from her. “Savannah..”

She shook her head, not wanting to look at him. When he had gotten up from the table, Savannah noticed something standing behind him. It had a bony hand grasping his shoulder, its eyes glowed red from underneath the black hooded robe it wore. It was death. She had seen this before. When her parents were killed in the car accident.

Savannah had been sitting in the back seat, headphones on her ears. She was in a bad mood. Toady was her birthday and she wanted nothing more than to spend it with her friends. But instead, her parents insisted they take her out to the country club. How she hated those stuffy, fake people. Her parents had been arguing, that's why she had put the headphones on. Latley that's all the did any more. Ever since her father returned from his business trip a month ago, he was different. He was quick to anger and for the first time in her life, her dad had struck her out of that anger.

The next thing she remembered, She laid there on the ground gasping for air, but her damaged lungs was not letting that happen.

She tried to yell but the blood that had collected in her throat was preventing her from doing that. Her hand slowly touched her stomach and felt the warm blood that was pouring between her fingers and collecting on the ground beneath her, staining it dark. She tried to stop it, tried to clamp her hand tighter against her stomach, but she was starting to feel so very weak. Her essence was quickly draining from her and as she looked up at the dark sky, she was certain she could hear singing. A bright light shone around her and she closed her eyes, welcoming the sweet release of death. She was in so much pain. And then she saw it.

IT was something straight out of her nightmares. Its long bony fingers, hovered over her mother's mouth, the fingers twirling the air. A shimmering light came from within her mother and the hooded figure opened its mouth, taking in the bright light. Then, it turned and looked at her. She remembered it coming towards her, but something stopped it. A man stood behind it and the man raised his hand and in a flash of light, the hooded figure disappeared.

Savannah put her hands over her ears and shook her head, squeezing her eyes shut. She felt Dean's hand on her shoulder and she let out a scream. She scooted her chair back as she frantically moved from her chair. Her back smacked into Dean, knocking him to the floor. She tripped over his legs and with a humph, she landed on top of him.

When their bodies touched, Savannah let out a shriek and moved her body out of his arms. She back peddled her feet into the carpet as she pushed her self against the couch.

She closed her eyes as the spiciness of his cologne wrapped around her as he took her face into his hands. “Savannah,” His husky voice barked at her.

Her eyes fluttered open, shocked to see his green eyes wide with fear. His face was inches from hers, their noses touching. Her eyes looked at his full lips. “I..I'm fine.” She stammered feeling embarrassment creep along her face. “Really? I am.” She moved her head away from his hands and slowly stood up from the carpet.

“A..are you sure?”

She felt her phone vibrate in the pocket of her jeans, so she reached and flipped open the phone. We need to talk. Meet me at the Roadhouse. “Have to go?”

Savannah looked up from the phone, still embarrassed about what happened. She nodded and grabbed her jacket off the couch. “Thank you again for dinner.” She opened the door, was about to step out, when she turned back to him. She bit her lower lip and before she could stop herself, gave him a slow peck on his lips.

Dean smiled as he shut the door. “Anytime.”