Status: Not Complete

Green Eyes

Sixteen

Me: Leave me alone

I'm desperate to have a good night out. Steph is practically on Nialls lap and Louis is aimlessly scrolling through his twitter feed. I don't want Harry ruining it. But theres a small voice telling me that I want him here.

Harry: Come on kitten! Relax. I'm joking.

I feel something twist in my chest when his text flashes across the screen. I can't fight the smile burning my lips. His mood swings give me whiplash. Theyre frustratingly annoying but I like it when he's playful. Like at the gym last week.

Me: Ha-ha (;

I know I should text Doug back. I want to see him again. But my time is occupied.

Harry: I know I actually can make jokes.

A soft laugh runs from my lips and my hand immediately clamps over my mouth. Steph look up at me. Louis eyebrow pinch together in a frown but hes grinning gently. His hair is tossed on his head in a heap. He runs a hand through it.

"Who are you sexting?" Niall asks, arousing stifled laughs from Steph. Louis tenses.

"No one!" I squeal, trying to defend my dignity. Louis peeks over my shoulder and I press the circle on the bottom of my phone sending my screen to my homepage.

"Sure." Steph drawls with a roll of her eyes. Louis forces a laugh.

"So, do you like New York so far?" Louis asks, swirling the ice around in his glass. I watch his musce twitch while I conjure up an answer.

"The weather is great. And I've met nice people." I say. Louis smiles and I feel an excited twinge in my stomach.

"Do you miss Florida ?" Niall holds his beer to his lips an looks at me over the rim of his bottle. I raise my shoulder in a shrug.

I do. I miss my family. I like having a sense of independence but I wish my mother was still with me. She always knew what was best and made sure I stayed on the straight and narrow.

"Yeah sometimes." I say eventually.

***

It's raining softly today. I can hear the rain trample the roof of Red Publishing as I walk across the marble floors to hand Emilio an edit. Theres still a sting of exhaustion behind my eyes and I yawn.

"How did this story come along?" Emilio asks, weighing the story in his hands. I nod.

"It was good. It had a stady plot summary with well developed characters." It was also another cliché. A girl meets boy in a fraternity. Hes a hard headed freak and shes n innocent girl trapped in a sticky love triangle. But its a story every girl will fall head over heels for, devoting time to read the story. Only to be disappointed by the outcome.

"Ill have my editors down stairs edit the fine details and we'll be on our way."

"Sounds good."I say, tucking my hand in my pockets as I turn to go. I hear Mr.Red's chair squeak as he sits down. I allow a smile to play on my lips of the satisfaction of actually satisfying Emilio for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!!! (:
Not my favorite chapter but I promse!!! shits gonna get real soon.

xoxoxoxo all the love
Catie