To Write My Name on Her Heart

Chapter One

“Move.” Someone hissed in my direction.

“Sorry!” I squeaked out, scurrying until I hit a locker. The Guy snickered, shoving passed me and making my head bang a locker. I winced, rubbing the spot as him and his laughing friends walked off. I stumbled down the hallway, just wanting to get to my locker. I put in my dial numbers in record time, shoving a binder in quickly and pulling another out to put in my messenger bag. The strap fell and I yelped a moment before it was caught by a black fingernail paint clad hand.

“Calm yourself girly. Let me have this.” I sighed in relief and Alikser, (a-lick-sir) one of my two true friends here, smiled at me kindly. “I mean it. Gimme.” I smiled wearily. “Sorry.” I muttered, letting it slide off my arm. I loaded my books and such in it for the day, scanning my locker contents. He shouldered my bag when I went to grab it.

“Nope. Walk with me.” I shifted on my feet, peering down the hallway carefully through my fringe. He sighed, leaning in close to swipe it away. No use, it fell in place immediately after. “Girly, come on. Galvin is waiting on me, and you, in the classroom.”

“If I show up early…” I murmured, looking down. He sighed, slinging an arm around me. “Nope. Not today. Harris and his buddies are playing hookie.” I sighed in relief. He pulled me into a light one armed hug as we went down the hall, protecting me from the buffering of the students together. I was claustrophobic, see, and even his arm over me made me want to hyperventilate, even though I knew he’d never hurt me. I clutched the back of his black misfits tee tightly, and his trips swished on the ground as we walked. I saw him glaring at a kid who looked like he was going to try to run into me. Soon enough they were heading in the other direction. I shook my head.

“you don’t have to protect me all the time, Al.” I muttered, looking down. He squeezed me a millisecond. I flinched and he backed off, giving me room slightly under his arm. I crossed my arms in front of me, hunching down so that my 4’9 frame was even shorter. I barely ever spoke above a whisper or a mumble, and it drove him crazy.

“ I wish I could, but I can’t. so I will when I am in your presence. You know that Galvin will do the same.” I shook my head, but stayed quiet. He laughed slightly as we neared the Biology room. “common now, you know you love me.” I flinched.

“Fine, have strong feelings for me. Common. Saaay it.” He whined.

“Oh, they’re strong all right, but not in a likable way.” I tried to tease back, my Soft tone and the decibel of the threat messing it up. He still laughed. “ nice one! Tell it to Galvin. He’ll love it.”

“You tell him.” I mumbled. He strode into the room and sat my bag down on my desk before sitting in my chair. I huffed and sat down on his lap. It was a routine I hated, but would either be forcibly put into or docilely accepted. I don’t like force. At all. Al started chatting with Gal, (Galvin for the ill informed) and I hung my head low, cranking my music up. The two boys were making goo goo eyes again, making me want to puke.

Yeah, the two idiots in my life are gay.

Al bumped his leg up suddenly, almost sending me to the floor. I gasped. “sorry Girly. You get lighter and lighter every day.” I shrugged and stood up.

“What are you-“ he began, getting cut off by the bell. He huffed, but stood and sat in the seat behind me as I pulled my hood up and took my headphones out. Galvin tapped my desk, gaining my attention. He always sat in front of me.

“Weekend?”

“What do you think?” I muttered. He sighed, shaking his head, and turned around.

Mondays where the worst. They spent two whole days without talking to me, two whole days of me alone in my house with my parents. Something they where not ok with.

“Class, calm down!” the teacher said abruptly over the noise. No one had settled down with the bell, and his loud voice made me jump. Al’s hand was immediately on my shoulder, calming me a split second before it started scaring me. He removed it immediately.

“Thank you.” he said, softer now that the class was quiet. Mr. Henkins was always a relatively calm teacher, and I liked that. No hyper activeness for him.

“Now, though he is evidently not here, we have a new kid today. His name Is….” I tuned out immediately. I didn’t care for people, see. They didn’t like me, I was terrified of them, it worked. So new people were even worse. I avoided them like the bubonic plaque.

“….Sapphire!” someone hissed. I jumped, immediately ducking from any flying objects. One thing I hated about this class, Henkins didn’t care if they were disruptive when torturing me. I flicked a glance in the direction of the person and grimaced. Chasity. I glanced back at Al and he was glaring at her. I looked around, confused, and saw a wad of paper on my desk.

Harris said that he saw you this weekend. On the side of the road. Did you finally decide to kill yourself?

I didn’t realize Al was reading over my shoulder until he growled lowly. I whimpered slightly and he cut it off abruptly. “sorry doll. Gimme that.” He snatched the note away and scribbled something down, tossing it back. Mr. Henkins, looking right at us, didn’t even bat an eyelash. I heard a gasp and turned to Chasity, who was red in the face. She shot a look at me, glaring, and then crumbled the note. I gave Al a look over my shoulder, which he probably couldn’t see because of my hair, and then turned forward to take notes. Biology was not a strong subject for me.

“I just wish I could go invisible, Stanley. It would be so much easier. Sitting here with you all day, no worries.” I said softly. It was lunch time, and I was sitting in my favorite tree, Stanley. I had many fears, heights was not one of them. I was at least 10 feet in the air, barely holding on with my legs as I hung upside down and tried to spot Al and Gal from my position. Not that anyone could see me. The branches hid me obnoxiously well. I spotted Gal’s Grey fitted hoodie and smirked as they sat under Stacey, another tree. Yes, I named the damned things.

“What are you doing up there and why are you smirking like that?” a new voice said underneath me suddenly. I yelped, losing a leg hold, and my stomach slammed into a branch. I moaned loudly and looked down. A guy, probably a foot taller then me, was sitting under the tree, looking as if he was watching the people go by. Then he looked up at me and grinned. His eyes were green, his hair brown. His style screamed prep and jock. Why the hell was he talking to me?

“i-i-i-i-“ I started, then took a deep breath and tried again. Before a sound came out though he was looking away again.

“You’re that Sapphire girl, right? The one that Harris told me about?” I froze. God, Harris. He’s such an ass.

“yeah. That’s me.” I muttered, so low he probably didn’t hear. He nodded though, still not looking up again. I rested in the crook of a branch, looking anywhere but him. How could he see me? How come he was even here? I’d never seen him before. Ever. I would have remembered.

“Well, just so you are aware, I wont judge you like that. Harris is an ass.” With that he walked away, not even looking up, not acknowledging me in the slightest. I gaped after him, shocked completely.

I wasn’t going to tell Al. or Gal. Stanley was present, so I wouldn’t tell him. Why? Then I would have to explain myself. So when lunch ended and court area cleared, I climbed to my usual launch pad and landed lightly on my feet, jogging into the school. I made my way to math, where Al had my bag already waiting for me in the seat next to him.
“hello Giiiiirly. How was lunch?”

“Yummy.” I mumbled. I hadn’t eaten a thing, just like I like it. He sighed, shaking his head, then faced forward though he didn’t have to. We where both crazy good at math, we knew most of what the teacher taught and caught on quicker than anyone else when it was something we hadn’t seen before. So we didn’t really pay attention. And the teacher didn’t mind. I felt him nudge my arm, and I flinched, looking his way. I don’t know how he knew I was paying attention to him, because I knew he couldn’t see my eyes, but he smirked at me and stuck out his tongue, trying to make me laugh. I rolled my eyes and put my headphones in. I didn't need him to be a distraction to me. He knew I didn't like it when people tried to cheer me up.

“awe, common Giiiiirly.” He whined. I shot him a glare he couldn't see.

“Al, I swear to God, if you don’t shut up, I’m going to smack you for her. It is very very obvious she does not want you cheering her up.” Galvin said sternly as he slid into the seat next to me. They where always boxing me in in the classes we all shared, which was six of the seven classes we had a day not including lunch.

“So, did you see the new kid?” Gal said after a moment. I flinched and Al’s eyes snapped to me. “Sapphire?” he asked, curious. He never used me name. “I-“ I began, but the bell cut me off. I sank in my chair, relieved for some reason, as the teacher stood and Al dropped it.

“Sapphire!” mom called as I tried to sneak upstairs. I flinched. She wasn’t even my real mother, she was my adoptive mom. Dad wasn’t, either. They could never have any kids of their own, and I’m glad. The way they screw I’d have six other siblings.

“yes mom?” I say as I step into the doorway of the kitchen. She flicks me a glance and grimaces in disgust. “Your father has a business dinner in two hours. You have an hour to get ready. I laid the dress I wish you to wear out on your bed. Go get a shower and make yourself presentable. I know you can.” I sighed. Yes, I can make myself presentable. I used to all the time, Until high school.

I walked into the room and sighed in relief. The dress was a simple black thing, with sleeves and all, but had the back cut out low. I showered and dried my hair, twisting it up into a French bun. I knew that mom wouldn’t like it down in my face like I do. I brushed my bangs out so that one eye was visible for once.

I put on makeup, tracing my eyes in black, lighter than I normally do, then brushed foundation on and touched up a few other things. I turned to my bed and sighed, slipping on the dress. It hung to just above my knees, and the top was odd. It had sleeves, but the only thing in the back was a string connecting the sides. The sleeves also hung lower than normal.

I slid on a pair of black heels that strapped up my ankles and then walked downstairs. Mom glanced up, fully done up in a sparkling silver floor length dress, and smiled. She smiled at me, that’s a first.

“Very good, Sapphire.” I nodded in response, sitting on a stool to the island. Dad came rushing in, took a look at me, and grinned. What was with these two today? Usually I got yelled at for my appearance. Today it was like they were happy I was dressing up like their rag doll for once. I shrugged it off as they walked out to the new mustang dad had bought this weekend. I climbed into the backseat, sitting behind my mother, who was on the passenger side.

It was a quiet drive. It usually was to these things. See, these two rarely talked unless to me or when in the bedroom. They hated each other, but loved screwing together. It confused me, but I never got into their personal life.

Twenty minutes later and we were parked in front of a very prestigious looking restaurant. I wrinkled my nose slightly as the valet eyed me up and down, but dad quickly stepped between us. I gave him a shocked look. Normally he just made a snide comment about me being a whore.

“Ok, what’s going on?” I asked softly as we walked inside. They both exchanged glances.

“You’ll find out soon enough, Sapphire. Now behave.” Dad said. I scoffed. Like I ever misbehaved.

I followed them into a slightly crowded dining hall, with laughing guests and tinkling glasses. I looked around, seeing extravagant gowns and expensive Armani suits, and I felt a bit under dressed. Is this how they wanted to humiliate me? Make me look under dressed? No, because that effects them, not me. We where led to a small table in the back, one that would only fit about five or six comfortably.
“sir, your other party arrived shortly after you. would you like them to be seated?” a waiter asked. Dad hesitated, then nodded, sitting down. I went to sit next to my mother, where I normally sit, and she stopped me. “no, you’re sitting across from me tonight.”I frowned. That put me on dads right side, the side usually reserved for the child of the other family. Dad sent me a harsh look and I shrugged, moving to sit down. I slid my dress flat and sat, crossing my legs daintily. If Al and Gal ever saw me like this, they’d bust a gut. Me? Dainty? Not a chance.

“Mr and Mrs Remonda, nice to see you again. And your handsome son, Tyson.” My dad greeted as he stood. I quickly followed, agitated that I had just sat down, but that was nothing to the shock I felt when I turned and saw a pair of laughing green eyes looking at me, black hair swept in front of one.

“Mark, Tamantha. Nice to see you two again. This must be Sapphire, your daughter.” The grey haired man said, kissing my cheek and breaking my eye contact with ‘Tyson.’ Both mom and dad gasped and I flinched away slightly.

“Sir, My daughter has a....thing about people touching her.” My dad said softly as my breath hitched slightly. He’d touched me. Kissed my cheek, touched my shoulders. I was unclean. Someone I didn’t know had touched me intimately. I-

“Oh! I’m so sorry, child, I didn’t know!” he looked truly sincere, and I bite back a retort and smiled forcefully.

“No, my apologies, sir. You didn’t know.” I managed softly. He hesitated, then nodded and went around the table to give my mom a hug and a slight peck on the cheek. I watched the wife do the same, and I felt a presence next to me. Not crowding my space, but close enough for a conversation.

“So we meet again, the infamous Sapphire. I didn’t know you had a people problem.” He sounded sincere. I shrugged one shoulder, and dad motioned us all to sit down.
Of all the rotten luck!

I slid my dress down smoothly and sat, and he, of course, sank into the seat next to me. He was wearing a black button down and matching dress pants. I turned my gaze away from him and at my mother, who raised an eyebrow. Before I could stutter anything out, a waiter came to take our order. Mom allowed me a glass of red wine, to my surprise, and ordered my usual for me. I nodded my thanks as they began talking business. I felt Tyson turn to me, and I shifted against my will so he knew he had my attention.

“so, did your mom dress you too?” he said low enough the adults couldn’t hear. I felt my eyebrows raise in surprise, and he chuckled. “I thought so.” He glanced a look at his dad before looking back at me. “There’s something going on here that we don’t know about, Sweetness.” He said, winking. I gaped at him a moment before turning away. My movement must have caught his dads attention. “so, Sapphire, you and Tyson are going to school together now. any classes together?” I thought a moment.

“Just one sir, home room.” He frowned slightly. “oh, that’s too bad. Did you two talk at all today?”

“Yes, we did. At lunch. Well, I did. Sapphire doesn’t talk much.” He sent a small smile my way as he cut in, saving me from talking again. I nodded my thanks as the drinks arrived. That seemed to be the extent of the mans curiosity because he didn’t bring it up again. We ate the main course, and usually we left at that. Tyson kept trying to get me to talk, but I usually found a way around it. I was shocked when mom asked me what I wanted for dessert. I hesitated, but she smiled warmly and I knew I could have whatever I wanted. I settled on a piece of red velvet cake smothered in vanilla icing and strawberries. She nodded and ordered it for me, along with her and dads orders as well. I didn’t hear what his parents where getting, but I noticed Tyson ordered the same as me. I shook my head slightly when he grinned at me and i saw him frown slightly, as if it bothered him. Dad cleared his throat suddenly.

“So, Mr. Remonda, the offer still stands. If you’d like, that is.” I suddenly felt both his and his wife's eyes on me, and went red under the scrutiny. Finally he nodded slowly.

“Ok, I’ll go with it. Offer accepted.” I looked at dad, and he beamed. “Congratulations, Sapphire. You’re now the happy bride to be of Tyson Remonda.”
♠ ♠ ♠
If you want me to update this story, Leave a comment! The story with the most comments, subscriptions, or recommendations will get the update of the week. (Saturday or Sunday)