Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 107- On My Knees Asking

"You were never too busy for Junior. You were never negligent with him. And I never intended to imply that Molly. Like I said everything I said kept coming out wrong. I just snapped when you agreed" he said. "And you told me to leave" she said. "I told you my words were wrong that night" he said. "What is that meant to mean?" she asked. "It means that I don't want you- Cristiano began to say but Junior's cries stopped him from continuing.

"I think he needs his nappy changed" Molly said. "Oh right. I'll get his bag" he sighed dropping her hand and moving to stand and collect the bag beside the arm chair he had sat in. "Can I?" she asked when he had a nappy in his hand. "Of course" he said handing her the nappy. "Let's get this stinky nappy of you then huh Junior" Molly smiled laying him on the floor. "You must have really missed him if you're happy about changing his nappy" Cristiano said taking a seat on the floor beside her. "I never minded changing nappys" she said unbuttoning Junior's baby grow. "He always preferred you doing it" Cristiano said. "I thought you were Mister nappy changer" she said. "Doesn't mean it’s me he wants" he shrugs.

"There's some grapes in the kitchen" she said. "Huh" he said. "They'll go off if I don't eat them" she said. "I do feel a bit peckish" he smiled standing. "Here put that in the bin" she said handing him the dirty nappy. "So I hear that you are going to England with Jorge" she heard him say as she changed Junior's nappy. "Ya I leave tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure what use I'm going to be to him but Luke was going to Manchester too so" she said. "Why not go I guess" Cristiano said appearing beside her again. "I found a chocolate yogurt in the fridge too. It will be out of date by the time you get back so" he smiled. "Something to dip the grapes into" she smiled bringing Junior up to her chest. "Just don't tell my coach" he winked.

She moved so her back was against the couch. "Are you going to visit your parents while you're in Manchester?" Cristiano asked as he held the open yogurt out to her. "Ya. Well I'm going to try" she said dipping a grape into the chocolate. "Have you spoken to them lately?" he asked. For all he knew she could have spoken to them while she was away from him. "Nothing since my birthday card" she sighed. "I'm sure they'll be happy to see you" he said.

"Will they?" she asked. "Of course they will. Why wouldn't they?" he asked. "I don't even know what they are like at the moment Cristiano" she said. "Your father said he was going to get better Molly" Cristiano said. "He always says that" she said. "And I'm sure he did" he said. "You don't know that" she said. "You might be surprised" he said. "I've had enough surprises lately. Anyway I might be too busy with Jorge to go see them" Molly said. "He won't let you get too busy. I'm sure they'd love to meet Luke" Cristiano said. "I'm not sure" she said.

"You are going to take him with you? Right?" he asked. "I don't know. I haven't….He doesn't know...I haven't told him everything about my family" she said. She didn't know why but she just couldn't bring herself to tell Luke everything about her parents. "Molly take him with you when you go to see them" he said. "Why? I can go by myself" she said. As much as he hated saying it, Cristiano knew that Luke was better than no one going with her. "Just take him please. Don't go on you own" he said. "You think they’re still gambling. Don't you? You think they've gotten involved with another Tony type" she said. "No" he said. "But" she said. "I don't think that Molly. I just don't think you should go on your own. So promise me you'll ask him to go with you" he said. "But" she said. "Molly" he said. "Fine. Ok I will ask" she said.

"Good" he smiled. "And you think that I'm bossy" she mumbled. "Guess spending so much time around you rubbed off then" he smirked. "Has everyone really being giving you a hard time?" she asked. "Nothing more than I deserve. Pepe was right. We both needed space from each other" he said. "He told me I should give you a chance" Molly said. "Look at Pepe trying to be mister fix it" Cristiano said. "He said he doesn't want our friendship being ruined" she shrugged as Junior smiled up at her. "Neither do I" Cristiano said.

"Cristiano" she said. "Look before we came here, Junior and I made a little pit stop" he said reaching over to get the paper bag he had brought and placed it on the coffee table. "I don't understand" she said. "Look inside it" he said. "Please?" he asked when she didn't move to get it. "Can you push it closer please? He's a bit too comfy" she said nodding down at Junior as he laid against her. Cristiano picked the bag up and placed it beside her. Using her free hand Molly opened the bag a little and arched an eyebrow. "Go on" Cristiano said.

She pulled out a Kermit the frog teddy bear and looked at him in confusion. "Oh that one is mine. Sorry" he said taking it from her. "I don't get this" she said pulling out an Elmo teddy bear. "Well I know Elmo is part of Sesame Street and not the Muppets but everyone loves Elmo. And you so I thought. If I'm Kermit you can be Elmo" he said. "I never said you were Kermit" she said. "Oh I know. But well I'm a muppet and he's the first one you think of. And I couldn't give you a miss piggy bear or you would have killed me. I was thinking of getting you a cookie bear one but thought Elmo was best" Cristiano said.

"You didn't have to get me anything" she said. "I'm just trying to fix things Molly. I shouldn't have waited until now" he said. "No amount of teddy bears or chocolate or whatever will fix things" she said. "Molly" he said kneeling up.

"Look I am on my knees here asking for you to try. You don't have to forgive me. You don't have to forget. Can you please just let me try and be better to you?" he begged. "I don't know" she said. "It was a silly idea. I don't know why I even brought them. I just thought....." he said moving to take Elmo from her hand but she pulled it away. "It wasn't silly" she said taking her eyes away from the bear to look at him. "Maybe Junior can play with him" Cristiano said and Molly's eyes went wide.
"I was thinking that maybe when you come back from Manchester that I don't know maybe we could do something together" he said. "But the plan" she whispered. "Since when do we ever follow the plan" he shrugged.

"So what do you say? When you get back we can do something. Or come here. Or come to mine" he said. "Ok" she said. "Ok" he smiled. “I can't believe you brought these toys though" she laughed. "I don't know what I was thinking" he laughed. "You really are a muppet" she smiled. "Ya but I'm yo-
The ding from the doorbell went off and yet again Cristiano was left not able to finish a sentence. "That's probably Luke" Molly said. "He doesn't have a key?" he asked. "I like knowing that I have the only one. No unexpected visitors" she said. "I'll get the door" Cristiano said standing. "Thanks" she said as she turned Junior to face her.

"Hey sweetie" she said kissing his cheek. She knew that it was nearly time for him to leave. But she knew she would be seeing him again. She placed a kiss on his forehead. "I won't stay away from you for too long. I promise" she whispered. Cristiano walked towards Molly's front door slightly annoyed. He was enjoying his afternoon and didn't want it to end. He knew he had a lot to make up for. But Molly not kicking him out or not talking to him was a good sign. He opened the door and Luke turned around and frowned.

"Hello" Luke said. "Hola" Cristiano half smiled opening the door fully to allow the English man step through. "Where is Molly?" Luke asked. "She's inside" Cristiano replied as Luke walked ahead of him. "Hey" Luke said once his reached the living room. "Hi" Molly smiled at him as she stood from the floor. "I see you've been busy after lunch" he said. "I was in the area so I thought I'd pop in" Cristiano said as he stood awkwardly between Molly and Luke. "Junior gives the best cuddles. Don't you?" Molly smiled at the giggling baby in her arms. "He gets that from his papa" Cristiano smiled at her.

"Well was nice of you to pop by. Although Molly does have things to get ready for our trip" Luke said. "Ya I was just about to go anyway" Cristiano said.

"You don't have to" Molly said hugging Junior closer to her. "I've kept you occupied for long enough. Plus it will be Junior's bedtime soon" Cristiano said. "But he doesn't go to bed for a while" Molly said not wanting to let Junior go. "He goes down when we eat" Cristiano mumbled. "But you like giving his bath" Molly said. "Molly let the man alone. It is his son" Luke said. "He not it" Cristiano and Molly" said at the same time.

"I'll go get plates for the pizza" Luke said carrying the box in his hand to the kitchen. Cristiano picked up the nappy bag and paper bag. "I should go" he said. "I'll walk you out" Molly said and they both walked towards the front door. "So" Cristiano sighed as he opened the door. "So" she said. "Enjoy Manchester" he said. "I will" she said. "So we'll see you next week?" he asked. "Ya if that's still ok" she said. "You know just because you don't live at the house anymore doesn't mean you have to stay away" he said. "Ok" she said. "I'm sure Maé would like to see you before you go to England. If you're not too busy in the morning of course" he said. "I could stop by" she said. "Maybe even give Junior his snack" he said. "I'd like that" she smiled looking at Junior. "I should go. I think Luke wants to spend time with you" he sighed.

"Hey you're taking Elmo" she said nodding to the paper bag. "You want it?" he asked. "Well you did buy it for me" she smiled as he handed her the Elmo bear. "I know it was silly" he mumbled. "It's cute" she smiled shaking the bear in front of an excited Junior. "Now you can play with Papa's Kermit tonight and Elmo tomorrow ok my cutie" she said to Junior before placing a kiss on his forehead.
"I should go" Cristiano sighed cancelling the ringing coming from his phone and noting the loud banging coming from Molly's kitchen. "Ya I guess" Molly said sadly. "I'll tell Maé to expect you tomorrow then" Cristiano. "Yes" Molly said holding Junior tight.

"I really should....." he nodded back to the door. "Ok" she said and he held his arms out for Junior. "Be a good boy for grandma" Molly said placing a couple of kisses on Junior's cheek. Cristiano coughed. "And Papa. But you will be busy with football and we both know that she always fusses over him when you have a match especially an away one. So I'm technically right" Molly said as she put Junior into his awaiting arms. "Ya ya" he said rolling his eyes as he settled Junior into his arms. Junior started to squirm holding his arms out towards Molly.

"Hey you'll see her tomorrow I promise" he said placing a kiss on his son's head. "Ya I will" Molly smiled at the little boy. "Bye" Cristiano said stepping through the door. "Bye" she said holding the door. "Mols- Sorry Molly" he said turning to face her. "I'll see you next week ya?" he asked remembering how he had said that the three of them should do something. "I might even let you pick what we do" she smirked at him and he grinned back at her. Elmo fell from her fingers. "I'll get it" he said rushing to bend down to pick it up. "Thank you" she said. "No it's me who should be saying thank you. And not just for accepting the silly toy" he said. "I told you that it's not silly" she said. "Nah you're the silly one" he said rubbing the toy against her nose earning a giggle from Molly. "Muppet" she mumbled trying not to laugh.

He brushed a finger across her cheek and smiled at her. "Enjoy Manchester. Remember what I said about taking Luke with you when you go visit your parents and I'm really leaving now before you give out to me" he smiled placing Elmo into her hand and moved away from the door. "Cristiano" she called out and he turned around. "I guess I could try and come around to you calling me Mols again" she said. "Yeah" he smiled. "I can try" she said. "And I'll promise that I will try Molly" he said. "Ok take that baby home already" she smiled and quickly shut the door.

Molly rested her the back of her head against the door and took a deep breath. She couldn't forget everything that happened, but she was willing to try. She could try and let him be better. Especially if it meant holding Junior in her arms again she thought smiling at the thought of holding him. She would do anything for that to be possible again. Even if it was only for five minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Cristiano is begging for her to let him try and be better. Molly said she would try but will he be able to. And he wants her to spend time with Junior. Why? Does he know what he is doing? Does Molly know what she is doing? She clearly is thinking about Junior. But is that the only reason she is not telling Cristiano to get lost.

Thanks to ak9_sh and Lurossoni for their comments.