Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 74- Something On Your Mind?

“Careful Junior that’s dirty” Molly said taking one of Rodrigo’s toy blocks from Junior’s reach. Katia had arrived and had taken her two kids out for the day leaving Molly alone with Junior. They watched cartoons and she had sang to him. It was never too early to learn colours and numbers. If anything Molly was just trying to pass time before Ana came over. Rodrigo had found Molly’s phone under the couch the other day which had left her bewildered about how it had gotten there. But she was just happy to have a form of communication back again. Not that she had spoken to the others much. Molly placed Junior on her lap and the little boy laughed as she bounced him.

This is how Ana found them when she walked into Cristiano’s living room. Ana paused watching Molly with Junior. Watching how happy they looked. She shook her head at how it had all come about. “Ana” Cristiano said in surprise behind her and Molly flicked her head around. “Hey I didn’t hear you come in” Molly smiled. “Zé let me in as he left” Ana replied. “Ah he does have his uses at times. Come sit” Molly said and Cristiano’s heart rate started to rise as Ana and Molly become closer.

“You’re back early” Molly said to Cristiano. “Am I?” he shrugged. He knew he was. Pepe had mentioned in passing that Ana was going to see Molly and Cristiano had rushed out of training as soon as he was able to. “You two look like you were having fun” Ana said waving Junior’s hand. “Rodrigo and Ailica may not like my singing but Junior just wants to bounce. Don’t you” Molly smiled at the little boy. “Maybe Junior just wants to sing” Ana joked and Molly laughed. “Well Junior better not take after Hugo or Cristiano in the singing department or the house will need a lot of new windows” Molly joked.

“Hey I can sing ish sort of” Cristiano muttered. “Sure you can. Now are you going to make yourself useful and get Ana a drink?” Molly asked him. “I’m fine” Ana said. “Katia doesn’t have that bad of a voice” Molly shrugged. “Please let me be in the room when you tell her that” Cristiano smirked. “Can your mother sing Molly?” Ana asked. “My mother. Why do you want to know that?” Molly asked confused. “Just wondering. Mine is an okish singer” Ana said.

“Oh” Molly said. “Pepe says you take after her in the talking department” Cristiano said as he struggled not to walk over and physically lift Molly or Ana out of the room. “Stop trying to get you friend into the dog house Ronaldo. So Ana what have you being up to? It feels like I haven’t spoken to you in ages” Molly said. “It hasn’t been that long” Ana said. “I feel like every time I get ready to go see you something gets in the way” Molly said. “Is that so?” Ana asked looking at Cristiano. “Oh this one needs his nappy changed. I’ll be back in a sec” Molly said standing from the floor. “Surely Cris could do it” Ana said. “Na I’ve got it” Molly said leaving the room.

“Couldn’t possible leave the room if Molly and I would be alone” Ana said when they were alone. “She’s better and quicker at doing it” Cristiano muttered. “You’re better at keeping her busy so she won’t come see me” Ana said and he didn’t reply. “Afraid I’ll tell her that I know about her and Junior?” she asked. “Sssh she’s only gone upstairs for a minute. She’ll be back soon and she’ll hear you” Cristiano said. “You didn’t have to keep her from seeing me. I thought it was a good idea not to be around her for a few days anyway” Ana said. “Why?” Cristiano asked. “I’m still struggling to fully understand everything you told me the other day” Ana said. “There’s nothing to understand. Junior is my son” Cristiano said. “Which would be easier to accept if I hadn’t just witnessed Molly and him together just now” Ana said.

“She’s here to mind him” Cristiano said. “A nanny to her own child. Like you haven’t messed her up enough” Ana said. “Stop” he said. “I said I wouldn’t speak to her or tell anyone. So you can stop acting so worried your secret is going to get out” she said. “I’m not” he lied. “She’s my friend. And like it or not she’s going to spend time with me. It’s me who has to struggle with keeping it a secret. Especially when she needs someone to talk to” Ana said. “Molly is fine. She doesn’t need to talk to anyone” he said. “If you really think that then you are even more stupid than I thought” Ana snapped.

“All changed” Molly said coming back into the room. “Everything ok?” she asked noticing something was off. “Fine” Cristiano said. “Ok then. Why don’t you take your son and Ana and I can chat” Molly said handing Junior to his father. “That sounds like a good idea. We need to figure out what time we are going out on Sunday night” Ana said. “Sunday?” Cristiano asked. “Do I really have to go?” Molly asked. “Girls night out” Ana said to Cristiano. “Yes you do” she said to Molly as Molly’s phone began to ring.

“Óle Jorge” Molly said into the phone. “I’ll check” she said. “Wanna come into the office?” Molly asked Ana who nodded. “Jorge chill I’m checking” Molly said as she walked out of the room. “Bet Jorge’s blood pressure rose when he found about Molly” Ana quipped. “Ana” Cristiano said. “I’m not going to say anything. You’re lucky I care about her. You I couldn’t give a shit about. I’m struggling to be in the same room as you right now not to mind talk to you” Ana said and he nodded. “And don’t even think about ruining Sunday night. You’ve ruined enough of her life as it is” Ana said heading to find Molly.

“I swear that man loves getting worked up about something” Molly said placing her phone on the desk. “You enjoy it though” Ana smiled taking a seat next to the desk. “I do, but don’t tell” Molly laughed. “What?” Molly asked leaning back in her chair when she noticed Ana staring at her. “You look happy” Ana said. “Why wouldn’t I be?” Molly asked. “Don’t know” Ana shrugged. “Ana is there something on your mind?” Molly asked. “Like what?” Ana asked. “I don’t know. But I swear everyone has being acting strange around me the past few days” Molly said. “You know I’m here if you ever want to talk” Ana said.

“Talk about what?” Molly asked. “Just to talk” Ana said. “We always talk” Molly said. “Ya but maybe if there’s something on your mind” Ana said. “I don’t have anything on my mind” Molly said confused. “But if you ever do then you can talk to me” Ana said. “Ana what is going on? What’s with all the questions about my frame of mind?” Molly asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Ana keep her promise?

Thanks to ak9_sh 3 for her comment.