Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 77- I'll Doubt She'll Notice

“I can’t believe you are dragging me out after I flew across the world to see you” Irina wined as she followed Cristiano down the footpath. They had eventually gotten out of the house after Irina decided she needed to change once more into basically the same dress. “It’s just some stupid teammates thing” she wined. “It’s not just some stupid…” he paused and turned to face her.

“Look we will go and have some fun. You can see everyone again and I can show off my amazing hot girlfriend” he said smiling at her. “Fine” she pouted. “Thank you” he said placing a quick kiss on her lips. “Now let’s keep walking” he said. “These shoes were not made for walking” she huffed walking storming ahead of him. “Why the hell did you buy them then” he mutter to himself as he started to walk after her.

He look at his watch. He knew he was late. Everything had been planned to the exact time. Ana had told everyone the time so many times. Cristiano could hear music and laughter as he opened Sergio’s front door. He walked towards the living room where he found the room filled with people and covered in balloons with a huge happy birthday banner above the fireplace. “Hey man you’re finally here” Marcelo said walking towards him.

“Hey man” Cristiano said looking around the room. “Lovely to see you Irina” Marcelo said hugging the model. “Now I get why this guy was late” Marcelo said. “Cris you’re here” Pepe said coming towards them. “Of course he’s here. Everyone is here. Irina you came just in time to party” Marcel said waving his hands in the air. “Looks like a full house” Irina said. “Ya the whole team is here. No one was missing it. Ana said you weren’t coming” Pepe said to Cristiano. Hoped more like Cristiano thought.

“But now I can see why you were delayed. Welcome back to Madrid Irina” Pepe said. “Man you should have seen her face” Marcelo said to Cristiano. “Who?” Irina asked. “Molly. I’ve never seen her so surprised and speechless. But she found her voice again like in two seconds of course cos it’s Mols. Who fancy’s a drink? Irina let me get you a drink” Marcelo said. “Ya you go get something to eat. You must be hungry” Cristiano said placing a kiss on his girlfriend’s cheek. “Oh there’s plenty of food. Can’t celebrate Molly’s day of birth without plenty of food” Marcelo joked. “Molly’s birthday” Irina said looking at her boyfriend. “Come on” Marcelo said taking Irina’s hand and walking her towards the drinks.

“So Molly wasn’t the only one to get a surprise tonight” Pepe said. “No” Cristiano mumbled looking at all the smiling faces around the room. “At least you got here” Pepe said. “Neither did Molly” Cristiano said as his eyes wandered around the room. “What do you mean?” Pepe asked. “She was going to stay in, but wanted to give Irina and I some alone time” he sighed. “Of course she did cos she’s Molly and thoughtful and I must tell Ana she owes Irina a drink cos my woman would have been pissed if Molly didn’t come tonight” Pepe said. She’s probably pissed that I’m here Cristiano thought to himself.

“Take a look at this” Pepe said holding his phone towards his friend. “What is it?” Cristiano asked. “You get to see her reaction” Pepe said as he hit play and Cristiano smiled as he watched Molly walk through the doors and react to everyone shouting out at her. She looked so happy and that dress he thought. She had worn that under her coat.

“I’ll send it to you. So you have proof she can actually be left speechless at times” Pepe said taking his phone back. He was annoyed when he heard that Cristiano wasn’t coming. Ana had told him that he wasn’t coming and Pepe couldn’t understand what could stop Cristiano from coming to the party. He had nearly gone over to Cristiano to drag him to the house only Ana stopped him. He was glad he had taped Molly’s reaction.

“She’s here somewhere” Pepe said. “Who?” Cristiano asked. “The person you have been looking for since you came through the door. The birthday girl” Pepe said. “I was looking for Maé” Cristiano lied. “In the kitchen with Katia” Pepe said. “I better go say hi” Cristiano said. “And in case you are wondering, Molly is over by the window. Sergio is teaching her to salsa” Pepe laughed and Cristiano’s eyes finally caught sight of her and he took a deep long breath. The short sparkling dress hugged her in all the right places as she moved her hips to the beat of the music. Sergio’s hand rested on her lower back. The open back. Touching her skin.

“Ah look who finally showed up” Zé said slapping Cristiano on the back. “Your mother was looking for you” Zé said. “I was just on my way over to see her” Cristiano said as he stopped glaring at Sergio. “You finally made it” Dolores said. “Sorry I got delayed” he replied. “What on earth could delay you on a night like this?” Dolores snapped. “This is where everyone is hiding” Irina said appearing at her boyfriend’s side.

“Irina” Katia said in surprise. “Hello all” Irina smiled happy that she had finally got away from Marcel and Clarice. “Lovely to see you again” Dolores said. “You too. I’m here for a while so we have plenty of time to catch up” Irina smiled and Katia nearly laughed as she knew the model would rather get fat then spend time with any member of the Averio family. “I’m sure Cris can’t wait to spend time with you and Junior together” Dolores said. “Yes that will be nice” Irina said through gritted teeth.

“The birthday girl certainly knows how to have fun” someone said and Cristiano turned his head to the right and saw Higuin leaning with his back against Sergio’s kitchen island. Cristiano had spent the past hour sitting on a nearby stool as Irina chatted away to Sara and Nagore. “Ya she does” Cristiano replied as he twisted around in his seat to see Molly and been twirled around by Sergio on the dance floor. “She certainly knows how to move” Higuin said as Molly giggled with Anderia. “Of course that dress would look even better on the floor then on her” Higuin smirked.

“Shut it” Cristiano snapped. “You mean to tell me you haven’t thought about it. Or have you sampled the goods already” Higuin smirked and Cristiano lurched out of his seat. “Easy boys” Pepe said pushing them apart and taking Cristiano’s hands off Higuin’s shirt. “Ronnie’s getting touchy” Higuin smirked. “Hey Molly” Sara said and Cristiano took his seat once more as Sergio walked around the island and Molly came towards them.

“I think Anderia likes to dance more than you” Nagore joked. “She’s making the most of her night out” Molly laughed. “And so are you. Ronnie should let the nanny out more cos you certainly look like you are having fun” Higuin smirked at her. “Even if I’m risking losing a toe” Molly laughed. “I only stood on your foot twice” Sergio pouted. “Both of them” Molly smirked. “Jezz Sergio try not to send her to the hospital on her birthday” Sara laughed. “He’s just trying to help her dance” Pepe said. “Well you’re lucky he moves better on the pitch then he does on the dance floor” Molly laughed taking a glass from Sergio.

“Maybe I need some lessons” he said. “I’m more than happy to teach you Molly” Higuin said. “Well maybe I’ll keep you in mind when I take those salsa class you got be for my birthday” Molly said taking a sip of her drink. “I prefer the tango. I’m very good at it” Higuin said. “Ya right” Cristiano said. “Hi” Molly said to him. “Hi” he smiled at her. It was the first time they had spoken since he had arrived at the party.

“I do my best tango in the bedroom though” Higuin said winking at Molly who giggled. “Sure you do” she said trying not to laugh. “Oh I do” he said brushing his fingers off her back. “Anderia is on the karaoke” Pepe said quickly when Cristiano was about to slap Higuin’s hand away. “She’s gone crazy” Irina said. “She’s enjoying herself and having a night off from just being a mama” Molly said smiling at her friend. “Now about me showing you my tango skills” Higuin said turning Molly to face him. “Well Sergio has been showing me his salsa skills” Molly said.

“But my special tango skills are better” Higuin said. “And Sergio has a better chance of showing me his special tango skills than you” Molly said as Higuin’s face dropped and both Cristiano and Sergio choked on their drinks.

“Now Sergio” Molly smiled at him. “Ya” he replied. “Let’s see if we can get Iker to do some karaoke” she smiled and everyone laughed expect Cristiano who was too busy letting out the breath he had been holding.

“Time for cake” Ana clapped coming into the kitchen. “What is it?” Nuno asked as he sat beside Cristiano on a nearby stool. “Chocolate” Cristiano and Ana said at the same time. “It’s Molly’s favourite” Cristiano mumbled before finishing his drink. “She’s having fun” Ana said. Cristiano didn’t need anyone to tell him that. Every time he saw her face she was laughing and smiling. “Mols is always happy” Nuno said. “Well at least no one is forcing her to give something up” Ana snapped as she lit the candles. “He didn’t-

“Don’t bother” Cristiano said to Nuno. “Man she really has a problem with you” Nuno said. “I’m the big bad wolf” Cristiano muttered as the room erupted into song. He watched as she paused in front of the cake and bite her lip as he smile dropped before smiling once more.

“Can we go home now?” Irina asked a few minutes later. “It’s still early” Cristiano said. “I’ve flown across the world to see you not for the helps birthday. I’m tired and I want to leave. So let’s leave” she snapped. “You two leaving?” Ana asked coming from behind them. “Yes” Irina said.

“You were so good to come after such a long light. Cristiano you should take her home” Ana said. “The party isn’t over” he replied. “We can have our own party at home” Irina smiled at him. “I’ll get my coat” Irina said happily. “I should say goodbye to Molly” Cristiano sighed standing. “I’ll tell her you left. Your girlfriend is waiting for you” Ana said. “I should-

“Go. Yes I think you should. Don’t worry Molly won’t mind you leaving early. In fact I doubt she’ll notice you have left” Ana said.

“Cristiano” Irina called out and he nodded to her. “Goodbye Ronaldo” Ana said. “Good night” he replied and began to walk towards his girlfriend. He took one last look at his friends as they danced around. “Cristiano” Irina snapped. “Coming” he sighed as she took his hand and walked towards the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cristiano finally got to the party but is he welcomed? What did you think about Higuin and Molly? Molly and Sergio. Will Ana ever let Cristiano alone?

Plenty to talk about so I'm looking forward to hearing you opinions. Enjoy.

Thanks to ak9_sh,realmadrid0bsessed, gill7515,dianney and Giuliavik for their comments and patience.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know you have all been waiting a while. Thank you all. I'm really busy at work at the moment so updates will only be weekly for foreseeable future. If I get the chance then I'll update more.

Sorry to keep you waiting but I hope the wait is worth it.