Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 78- Learning Something Unexpected

“You know Sergio, I’ve sort of come accustom to my toes being in one piece” Molly joked as the Sevillen muttered yet another apology for standing on her foot. “You can’t salsa to this music” he huffed. “Or maybe some people can’t dance to any type of music” Ana smirked as she danced beside them. “She’s just trying to annoy you Sergio. And you’re not doing too bad” Molly said. “Hey Ana I’m just trying to help Molly recover from her shock” Sergio said to Ana. “I wasn’t in shock” Molly said. “Ya you were” Sergio said tapping her nose. “Well I wasn’t expecting all of this” she gestured to the house fill of people.

She was dumbstruck that people had come. That they had remembered her birthday. Sure she had received birthday messages during the day from Iker and the others but she hadn’t expected any of this. “Well I’m just happy we have an excuse to party” Sergio said. “And for you to hold Molly” Ana whispered into his ear when Molly was distracted for a moment. “Shut up” Sergio replied. “Did you just tell me to shut up?” Molly asked. “No of course not. Never mind. Let’s dance ladies” Sergio said taking Ana by the hand to twirl her making the women laugh.

Everyone remembered. Her parents had. Jorge had. Everyone had Molly thought. Well not everyone she thought her eyes on Cristiano. He had arrived ages ago with Irina naturally and hadn’t even bothered to come speak to her. Who comes to a birthday party and not wish the birthday girl happy birthday? He had just sat in the kitchen not even looking at all bothered to be at the party. “Are you having fun?” Ana asked Molly as Sergio tried to dance with Anderia.

“A lot” Molly replied looking at Cristiano. “Wait till you see the cake” Ana smiled blocking Molly’s view. “What is it?” Molly asked. “You’ll have to wait and see” Ana smirked. “I can’t wait. I should go say hi to everyone” Molly said. “It’s your birthday people should come say hi to you. If they care enough to bother” Ana said. “So karaoke” Molly said. “Best idea ever” Sergio said to her. “We’ll see by the end of the night when you’ve heard everyone sing” Molly said. “Let’s hear you sing” Sergio said. “Hell no” Molly said to him. “Aww go on Molly” he said. “Not a chance Ramos. Now stop asking or I’ll stop being delighted that you did all of this” Molly said. “Stopping” he said.

Molly stood in the middle of the room watching as Ana came towards her with a cake in her hands as the room broke out in song. “Chocolate” Molly smiled at Ana. “What else?” Ana smiled. “You know me too well” Molly said. “Now make a wish” Ana said. Molly paused to think. Make a wish she thought. What should she wish for? It would never come true she thought. “Molly this cake is heavy” Ana said and Molly looked up. “Oh sorry. Right here it goes” Molly said blowing out the candles to applause.
“So what did you wish for?” Sergio Katia asked Molly. “Can’t tell you that” Molly half smiled. “I know, I know it won’t come true if you do” Katia laughed and Molly nodded. It wouldn’t matter if she did tell what she had wished for. It was never going to come true anyway. She was never going to be a part of a family.

“Oh Molly you are so gorgeous and young” Anderia said as Molly hugged her friend. It was late and most of the party guests had left. Cristiano had left at some point without even saying goodbye. He didn’t even try to talk to her all night Molly thought.

“Let’s get you to bed” Fabio said trying to put Anderia’s coat around her. “I liked the sound of that. You out those clothes” Anderia giggled at her husband. “Ok let’s go before you keep talking” Fabio said as Molly opened the door. “Noite” Molly said smiling. “Noite. Happy Birthday again Mols” he said as he walked his wife out through the door.

“What are you smiling at?” Ana asked as Molly came towards her at the kitchen table. “Anderia is going to have a sore head in the morning” Molly laughed. “She may have over done it” Ana said. “Just a little” Molly said and both women laughed. “Oh someone get Sergio to turn off the electricity quickly” Nuno groaned coming to stand beside Molly. “Why?” Molly asked. “It might be the only way to get Marcelo off the karaoke machine” Nuno said.

“Urgh my ears can’t hear anymore” Sergio said placing an empty plate on the table. “I wonder how many said that when you two were singing” Molly said smirking between the men. “Well you were too busy dancing to have a go yourself” Nuno said nudging Molly in the hip. “I was too smart to go near that machine” Molly said. “And it’s her birthday so she’s aloud go a little crazy” Sergio said. “She works and lives with Cris. She’s clearly a little crazy” Ana muttered. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Molly asked. “At least Molly got Iker to sing. Never thought I would see him doing it” Nuno said quickly to change the subject.

“I got so many pictures and videos. He’s going to sulk so much after I annoy him” Sergio grinned. “Well don’t annoy him too much or I won’t have fun annoying him myself” Molly said. “Hey he gave me grief for my dancing” Sergio said. “Aww poor Sergio” Molly said tapping his cheek. “To be fair he can sing a lot better than you can dance” Molly said. “Well then I must need more practice” Sergio said moving to tickle Molly before she giggled out of his reach. “I’m going to help Pepe get Marcelo off the karaoke” Nuno said.

“Then you can walk me back to the house” Molly said. “Has Cinderella had enough for the night?” Nuno joked. “Cinderella has had enough of these shoes” Molly said. “Back in 5” Nuno said leaving. “Your feet hurting?” Ana asked. “A little. But I suppose it’s my own fault to do so much dancing in more or less brand new shoes” Molly laughed. “I don’t think I saw you not laughing or smiling tonight” Ana said to Molly. “That’s because I spent most of the night dancing with Sergio, Iker and Marcelo. It’s hard not to laugh then” Molly joked and Sergio huffed a little.

“You know that I’m just messing with you Sergio. You’re not the worst dancer” she said wrapping her arms around his arm. “Thank you” he said. “No thank you. Tonight has been amazing. You didn’t have to do all of this for me” Molly said to him. “I only provided the venue” he said. “Eventually” Ana muttered. “Hey I didn’t you see offering” he replied. “I had other things to do” Ana said. “Thank you too Ana. You didn’t have to do this. I didn’t need a party” Molly said. “Yes you did. Oh what are these” Sergio said noticing the plate on the table.

“Rice crispy buns” Ana said. “I love them. I’ve eaten three already tonight” Molly said. “Ah sure have another” Sergio smiled handing her one. “Man Ronnie thought of everything” Sergio said moaning in delight. “Sorry” Molly said. “Ronnie” Sergio said in with his mouth full. “Oh look Molly I think Clarice and Marcelo are leaving” Ana said. “I should go say goodbye” Molly said heading to where Clarice stood. “He’s lucky we didn’t hit him” Nuno groaned as he past Molly.

“Birthday girl” Marcelo said as Molly came to his side. “Karaoke King” Molly smiled. “Oh don’t encourage him” Clarice laughed. “See she though I was great” Marcelo said to Pepe. “Well I’m sure Clarice will think your great if you manage to find your way home in silence” Pep said and everyone laughed. “Thank you both for coming tonight” Molly said hugging Clarice. “Wouldn’t have missed it” Clarice said. “Ya your face was priceless” Marcel said.

“Well I wasn’t expecting Sergio and the girls to do this. They didn’t have to” Molly said. “They only had to open up their house and distract you till we were all ready” Marcelo said. “I was surprised you didn’t think something was up when you got to mine” Pepe said. “I did a little. But I never thought they would do this” Molly said. “They didn’t” Marcelo said. “I’ll see you tomorrow Marcelo” Pepe said trying to get his teammate to move.

“Wait. If they didn’t then who did?” Molly asked. “Ronnie did. He’s been planning it for weeks” Marcelo said. “Clarice take big mouth home already. I’m surprised he hasn’t lost his voice” Pepe said. “Noite Mols” Clarice said. “Night” Molly said as she tried to comprehend what she had just heard. “Pepe” Molly said. “Now did you leave me any rice crispy buns” Pepe said quickly walking away from her.

Cristiano had done all of this, Molly thought.

“You’re very quiet” Nuno said after they waved goodbye to Ana and Pepe having walked with them on their way back to Cristiano’s house. “Am I?” Molly asked. “Yes you are. And I’m starting to think that Cris is right” Nuno muttered. “Right about what” Molly asked as they crossed the empty and dark street. “It’s worrying with you are quiet” Nuno said.

“How long?” Molly asked suddenly stopping. “I’m sorry” Nuno asked confused. “How long has he been planning this?” Molly asked. “I don’t know what you are talking about. Now let’s get inside” Nuno said trying to get her to walk.

“Nuno stop. How long did Cristiano plan the party?” Molly asked. “The party. Why would you think that?” Nuno asked. “Marcelo has a big mouth. Now stop avoiding my question” Molly said. Nuno sighed. “Since you’re fight” he said. “What fight? We tend to fight a lot in case you haven’t noticed” Molly said. “Oh I notice. It’s hard not to when Ronnie is sulking cos you won’t talk to him” Nuno mumbled. “Nuno” Molly snapped.

“Since the day of the pool fight ok. Now please just leave it. You weren’t supposed to know” Nuno said. “Why not?” Molly asked. “That’s his busy. Now let’s go. I’m tired” he said. “Ya it’s been a long day and night” Molly said linking their arms together. And it was going to be even longer, Molly thought especially after learning something she hadn’t expected to learn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cristiano didn't forget her birthday. He planned the party and Molly knows. What will happen next? What about her wish?

Hope this was worth the wait.

Thanks to ak9_sh for her comment.