Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 80- Breakfast With

Molly stared up at the ceiling. The clock ticked on the bed side table. It was no use she thought. The little snippets of sleep she had managed to obtain would have to do her. She just couldn’t stop her brain from thinking. Thinking about what had happened. What nearly happened. Did she want it to happen? Was it disappointment that she felt when Nuno walked into the kitchen or was it relief that he had walked in.

She closed her eyes as memories of Cristiano’s fingers along her back. Of his lips on her cheek. “Damn it” she muttered throwing back the covers. It had just been……Just been…Oh Molly didn’t know what it had been. It was stupid. What could have happened? Molly shook her head. No she wasn’t going to think about what could have happened. She wouldn’t think about it.

Molly had rushed out of the kitchen only a few hours ago when Nuno had come in. She had ducked into Junior’s room, fixed his blanket and headed to her bathroom where she found herself looking in the mirror. Her hair was loose around her shoulders. She had moved her fingers through her hair, before throwing cold water on her face. Molly didn’t know what to think she thought as she crept out of her room and into Junior’s nursery.

She sat in the rocking chair as she waited for him to wake. She tried to plan out the rest of her week in her head but things kept creeping into her brain. She had been used to his remarks but he had stopped saying those things to her after she told him to. But then what was last night about? He hadn’t been sleazily. He had been sweet. And thoughtful. He had planned a birthday party for her she thought. It was just……

“Molly” Elma called out walking towards the kitchen. “Molly” Elma called out and Molly’s head snapped up. “I think the glass is full” Elma said nodding to the orange juice overflowing from the glass. “Shit” Molly muttered standing the carton upright. “You ok?” Elma asked as Molly grabbed a cloth. “Fine” Molly snapped. “Maybe you should go back to bed” Elma said. “I’m fine Elma” Molly snapped before sighing.

“I’m sorry” Molly said. “It’s ok. You looked a million miles away just there. What were you thinking about?” Elma asked. Molly looked at Elma. What had she been thinking about? Was it the last time she was in this particular room? Was it all the times Cristiano had……

“Nothing really” Molly shrugged. “Did you have a nice time last night?” Elma asked. “Last night?” Molly asked confused. Elma was in bed last night. Wasn’t she? “At the party” Elma said. “Oh ya it was brilliant” Molly smiled. “It was great fun. We all had a good time. It was nice to see you enjoying yourself too” Elma said. “I did” Molly said. “Are you ok Molly?” Elma asked. “Just tired. Really Elma I’m fine” Molly said. “Junior had you up early I take it” Elma said. “He was hungry” Molly smiled.

“Good morning” Dolores smiled as she carried Junior towards the two women. “Morning” Molly smiled. She had been relieved when Dolores came into the nursery this morning and not Cristiano. She didn’t know what she would say to him when she saw him. Nothing happened last night. Nothing at all Molly thought. So it was silly to avoid him. Wasn’t it?

“I’ll start on breakfast” Molly said moving to open the fridge. “Wow everyone is up early” Katia said as Rodrigo went running to Molly. “Molly” the little boy called out. “Hello cutie” Molly said bending down to take him in her arms. “Mama wouldn’t let me come last night” he pouted. “Because it was a party for adults” Katia said. “But it was for Molly” the boy pouted and Dolores laughed. “Is that his way of telling me that I’m not an adult” Molly joked.

“Well you dance like a child” Nuno mumbled walking into the room. “Morning grumpy” Molly replied. “I’m going to kill Marcelo” Nuno groaned. “Why?” Katia asked. “I couldn’t get that song he was singing out of my head when I was trying to sleep” Nuno said. “What was the song?” Elma asked. “I want it that way” Zé sang smacking Nuno on the back. “Piss off” Nuno groaned. “Nuno language” Dolores said. “Sorry” Nuno mumbled. “So what does everyone want for breakfast?” Molly asked lowering Rodrigo to the ground. “Where’s Tío Cris?” Rodrigo asked his mother. “I’m sure he’ll be up soon” Katia said. “He sounded a little busy when I was passing his room a minute ago” Zé smirked. “Zé” Katia scoffed. “So food” Molly said turning her back to everyone.

“Tío Cris” Rodrigo yelled rushing to great the footballer. “Hey buddy” Cristiano smiled at his nephew. “What?” he asked when he noticed his family staring at him. “Sleep well?” Ze smirked earing a dig in the ribs for Katia. “Tío Cris can you play with me?” Rodrigo asked. “Think he wants to play with Irina today” Zé muttered. “So who wants what for breakfast?” Molly asked. “Oh I’ll get the food Molly. You sit down” Dolores said.

“I’ve got it” Molly insisted. “And I said sit. I never got to make you a birthday breakfast” Dolores said. “My birthday was yesterday” Molly said. “But you didn’t get Dolores’s birthday pancakes. You can’t celebrate your birthday and not have some of them. Isn’t that right Dolores” Zé smiled. “You don’t have to butter me up Zé, I will make enough for everyone” Dolores laughed. “Yes” Nuno and Zé both said. “Cristiano you can help me” Dolores said handing Junior to Molly. “Molly you go sit” Dolores said. “Ok” Molly surrendered walking in the opposite direction of Cristiano.

“Good morning” Irina smiled coming into the room. “Mana” Katia half smiled. “You’re just in time for Maé pancakes” Cristiano said to her. “Oh pancakes” Irina frowned. “It’s traditional for birthday pancakes” Elma said. “I thought her birthday was yesterday” Irina said glaring at Molly.

The model wasn’t one bit happy that she had to go out last night. She was even less happy when she found out the party was for the nanny. She would make Cristiano make it up to her that’s for sure. “It was. And I really should be getting Junior ready for the day” Molly said. “Once we have eaten. Now sit” Katia said pushing out a chair for Molly. “Ya let us fuss” Elma said. “Some people really do like to make it all about themselves” Irina muttered at Molly as she walked to where Cristiano stood.

Molly sat with Junior in her lap as she watched Cristiano hand Irina a bowl of her cereal. The model leaned up for a kiss and Zé let out a whistle earing a glare from Cristiano and a smack in the back of the head from Elma. “Now birthday girl first” Dolores said placing a plate of pancakes in front of Molly. “Wow Dolores I’m not going to eat all of these” Molly said. “Ya right” Nuno smirked at her. “Since when do you never finish your plate” Zé said. “I’m not that hungry this morning” Molly muttered as Irina wrapped her arms around Cristiano’s neck.

“So did you like all of your presents?” Nuno asked bringing Molly’s attention back to the table. “Of course” Molly smiled. “Well there’s one more” Katia said. “One more what?” Molly asked. “This” Katia said placing a red bag onto of the table. “Katia I don’t need any more presents” Molly said. “You have to open it” Katia said. “You’ve already given me something” Molly said. “Oh this is for your help with my boys the last year. It wouldn’t have been the same without you” Katia said. “Maybe we should find out” Irina muttered and Cristiano glared at his girlfriend.

“Look in the bag Molly” Rodrigo yelled. “Ok ok” Molly said readjusting Junior to grab the bag. She pulled out the little wrapped box. “Want to help me Rodrigo?” Molly asked and the little boy clapped in delight. “What is it?” Zé asked Katia. “Well she’s hardly going to tell you before Molly opens it” Cristiano said walking towards the table. He watched as Rodrigo pulled off the white wrapping paper. He watched as Molly gasped as the blue box came into view.

“Katia” Molly whispered. “Open it already Molly” Dolores said anxious to know what was in the box as much as everyone else. With her only free hand Molly lifted open the box. “It’s…It’s gorgeous” Molly whispered. “Show us” Zé said and everyone laughed. Molly lifted the necklace out of the box and held it up. Junior tried to reach for it making everyone laugh again and Molly placed a kiss on his head. “Not for you cutie” Molly whispered to him. “So you like it then?” Katia asked. “Of course I do. Thank you. You didn’t have to get this for me” Molly said. “Nonsense. Now let me put it on” Katia said taking the necklace and clipping it around Molly’s neck.

“Perfect” Katia said stepping back. “Perfect” Cristiano said from across the table as Molly lifted her eyes towards him. “The food is getting cold” Irina snapped. “Ya. Let’s eat” Molly said. “Breakfast with a Tiffany box” Dolores smiled as everyone tucked into their food.

“Molly seemed to like her present” Katia said leaning against the door of Cristiano’s bedroom. “Ya she did” Cristiano said as he closed his dresser drawers. “According to her I have great taste” Katia said. “Ya” Cristiano said. “She said she couldn’t have picked a better necklace. I mean a necklace with an oval palt thingy” Katia said. “It’s a palette. Artists use it to place paint when they are painting a picture” Cristiano said.

“So Molly informed me. Although she thinks I knew” Katia said. “What do you want Katia?” Cristiano asked. “I kind of feel bad for taking credit for something I didn’t buy” Katia said. “Katia” Cristiano said. “Why didn’t you just give it to her?” Katia asked. “Katia” Cristiano said. “I had told her the colours that came on it were random. Why did you pick them?” Katia asked. “I have to get ready” he mumbled. “I really don’t know what you are playing at” Katia said shaking her head before leaving the room.

“Me neither” Cristiano whispered. He looked at his phone and pressed play on the video that Elma had taken. Molly’s face when she saw the box. When the necklace went around her neck. He was glad she got the birthday she deserved. But he could only keep picturing her eyes last night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so this is bad. Really bad. I hope the next chapter will be better. I'm really busy at work at the moment and my mind is struggling to write as you can see from this chapter. I had it better in my head but it wouldn't come out in paper.

Thanks to dianney ,ak9_sh,ArsenalFanKT,Lurossoni,realmadrid0bsessed and Giuliavik for their wonderful comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the last one.

Something what the necklace would have looked like

https://www.etsy.com/listing/199383770/swarovski-crystal-rainbow-artist-painter?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=artist&ref=sr_gallery_10