Status: Review lovelies!

8 Months

.001

“But Molly what if I’m pregnant?” I whined to my best friend over the phone.

“Dove, if you are, we’ll deal with it,” she said exhaustingly. I could hear her exhale on a cigarette. “I’m going to be home soon and than I’ll be over so we can watch our show and can come up with a plan. Okay?”

“But-“

“Dove, it will be fine! Relax! Go have a cigarette and just chill out!” I heard her say through the phone, she had a bit of an edge to her voice. I could tell she was annoyed.

“Fine your right, I’m sorry. I’ll see you soon, loves ya!”

“Loves you too!”

I laid phone down and clamped my eyes shut. How could I be so stupid? I sleep with a guy literally three days after my ex boyfriend and I broke up. I knew that it was a dumb idea but I needed to get over him. Telling me he didn’t love me anymore hurt more than anything in the world. A year and a half together and he ends it in a seven-minute phone call. Thinking about it now gave me a headache.

“I need coffee,” I muttered. I got up and walked towards my parent’s stairway. “Momma,” I called up to her. “I’m going to Wawa. Do you need anything?”

“No we should be good, thank you Dove!” I heard my mother call down from her room. “Is Molly coming over still?”

“Yeah she should be over soon but knowing her it won’t be until later,” I called back up to her. Molly and I live five minutes away from each other and yet we still take forever to get to each other.

“Knowing that girl you’re probably right,” my mother laughed from her room. “Just be careful, okay?”

“I will, loves you!”

“Love you too gugga!”

I made some awing sounds after her comment. She just laughed and said goodbye. I grabbed my keys and strode off into the semi cold October air. Before I pulled away from my dark forested driveway, I lit a cigarette in hope that no one saw me. I got a notification from my phone. I quickly unlocked to see it was a notification from the online dating app Plenty of Fish. I hated that I was back on this site.

It was just a few messages from guys who I knew would never talk to at all. I know I’m not the prettiest girl in the world but I have my preferences. I scrolled down to and literally read one message after another. But one caught my eye. His user name yatesbates90. From his little picture he looked cute, so I clicked to look at his profile.

I started to read his profile out loud. “First name is Dave. He’s six foot four-damn he’s tall. He lives in Pennsauken, that’s not too far. He’s a mechanic. Always a plus for me.” I started to read his about me section. “Hiya, my names Dave. I’m twenty-five and I’m a mechanic. I recently left the marines, which I miss. I’m looking for someone who makes me laugh and whom I can make laugh. I’m an old fashioned gentleman. I believe in spoiling my girl in every way possible. Hopefully that girl will be you!” Well so far so good, seems like a great catch. I decided to check his pictures out and hot damn. This man was gorgeous. Blonde hair, blue eyes and chiseled muscles. Oh my god is the guy totally out of my league.

I quickly went back to my unread messages and clicked on his profile to message him back. I looked up at the top of the screen and saw that he was still online. Thank you Jesus!

yatesbates90: Hiya

Dove_xoxo: Heyy

A few moments went by and I still didn’t hear anything from him. So I decided to make my way to Wawa finally. Then all of a sudden that little ding went off. It was him.

“Fuck!” He has horrible timing. Since I knew these roads quite well I knew I could text and drive with ease but I still didn’t do it, just because I knew I wouldn’t be able to read it properly. Good thing the Wawa is only two minutes from my house.

I eagerly opened my phone up so I could read his message once I parked outside of the store.

yatesbates90: What are u up to beautiful?

Dove_xoxo: Just got to Wawa for some coffffee, how about yourself?

yatesbates90: Just sitting here bored watching Netflix. Isn’t it a little too late for coffee?

Dove_xoxo: It’s never too late for coffee!! And nice sounds like fun!

yatesbates90: It’s 9:30 at night, kind of is lol. But if u stay up all night u can keep me company ;)
Dove_xoxo: Haha only if you get lucky bucko!!!

I looked at the time again and it was indeed nine thirty. I didn’t realize it was later; I lost all track of time talking to Dave. Begrudgingly I left the comfort of my own car to venture off into Wawa. I left my phone in my car, knowing I would only be in there for a few minutes.

A few moments later I returned to my car with my hot delicious beverage. As soon as I got in I checked my phone. I had two messaged from Dave and one from Molly. I quickly read over the message from her. She just wanted to let me know that she’ll be over a little later than expected. I replied back to her and just said that was fine that I’m going nowhere. I then hurried over to Plenty of Fish account to read his messages.

yatesbates90: I think I’m pretty lucky so far ;)

yatesbates90: I’m just kidding, I’m not a hornball like all these other guys on this site. I actually want to get to know someone. Someone like you :)

I couldn’t help but smile, even though I knew it was a pickup line I still liked it.

Dove_xoxo: Aww thanks :) you don’t seem like one!

I waited another moment or so and than decided to just drive home. I needed to be home in case Molly came over, even though she knew just to go inside.

As soon as I pulled into my driveway I heard a familiar ringtone go off. I looked down and saw that Molly was calling me. “Hey girl where you at?”

“I’m like probably two or so minutes away,” she said loudly, I knew I was on speakerphone in her car.

“Okay I’ll be waiting in my car having a cigarette waiting for you,” I said as a I lit a cigarette.

“See ya soon bitch,” she said as she hung up the phone with me.

I just laughed as I exhaled a puff of my cigarette. I fiddled with my phone a bit until a new message popped up on my phone and I immediately got a huge smile on my face. It was Dave!

yatesbate_90: Hey I know it’s a little soon but would you want to text?

I stared at the screen for a second before saying yes and sending him my number. As soon as I hit send I saw Molly’s car lights down come down my driveway. She parked her car right next to mine and got out within a few minutes. She was texting something to somebody while trying to keep the cigarette balanced perfectly in-between her lips.

“Hey girly,” Molly greeted me as she leaned up against her car.

“What’s up yo?” I replied back. She laughed and shook her head. I heard my go off and I looked down and saw whom it was from. It was from Dave.