Timing Is Everything

Believe What You Want

I turned my head away from Kyle to see what Izzy and Wesley were cackling about. Izzy was telling Tyler some story with her arms flailing about as Wesley’s laughter filled the air. Tyler looked zoned out as he listened to Izzy, I wonder what’s on his mind.

“That’s your friend, Tyler, right?” Kyle asked, nodding towards Tyler, “Aren’t you gonna introduce me?”

“Why? You gonna leave me for him?” I laughed and took a sip of my drink. “He’s cute and all but I didn’t think he was your type.” He rolled his eyes and nudged me. I rolled my eyes as well and grabbed his hand, walking him over toward Tyler. “Ty Ty! What’s up?” He nodded. “I want you to meet Kyle.”

Kyle and Ty squared each other up and paused before shaking hands. “Nice to meet you man,” Kyle said as Tyler nodded back.

“Yeah, nice to meet you too.” They spoke for sometime, I noticed it was mostly small talk but it was talking nonetheless, they looked to be getting along. Izzy came over to me with another drink and some details about some of our weekend plans.

“How long have you and Audrey known each other?”

“We’ve known each other for about 3 years now, what about you two?”

“I’ve known her for a few months, we’ve been dating for about 3 months now. Best 3 months of my life so far.” Kyle said as he stood up a little taller. He sent a smile my way and I rolled my eyes and took another sip of my drink.

“Suck up.” I smiled behind my cup and finished the rest. “Come on lover boy, let’s dance.” I grabbed Kyle’s empty hand and brought him over to the makeshift dance floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kept my body close to his.

-----------------

She’s not yours.

------------------

“WOOOOOOOOOOO! Go Penn State! Awe Yeah!” Izzy screamed into the night air as we exited the cab.

“So Ty, how was your first Penn State game? Did you enjoy it?” I linked my arm with his as we made our way to the entrance of Champs.

“It was a lot of fun, so much drinking too.” He laughed. “I feel like I should take a break.”

“Where’s the fun in that? You never lived the college experience and this shall be your taste of the college life. Well, a taste that’s soaked in beer and some vodka.”

“Whatever you say. Where are we again?”

“The usual watering hole after a Penn State game, Champs. My friends and I always come here after a game and it’s always a good time so don’t worry about that.”

Tyler nodded his head and checked his phone. “Jamie and Jordie say hi and that they miss you. You need to visit us in Dallas soon.”

“Tell them I miss them too and I’m gonna try and visit one weekend when I’m not too swamped with stuff.”

“Sooooo, never?” I playfully shoved him as he laughed. “Admit it Aud, you’ll be too busy to fly all the way over to Dallas for a weekend. You got so many things going on here, especially since it’s your senior year.” He paused, “And why fly out to Dallas when you can spend the weekend with Kyle?”

I rolled my eyes. “I don’t spend all of my free time with Kyle. I’m going to visit you, Jamie, and Jordie in Dallas, I promise you that.”

“You sure Kyle will agree with that?”

“He’s not in control of everything I do. If I wanna go, I’ll go. He’ll just have to deal with it.” I sighed heavily. “Let’s just go and enjoy the rest of the night yeah?” I looked at him before heading straight to the bar for a strong drink.

-------------
“You know she like really loves you right?”

I turn to see a drunk Izzy leaning on the bar next to me. “Yeah, and I love her too. She’s one of my best friends.”

“I’m not talking about friendship love or like brother-sister closeness kind of love, I’m talking about like soulmate love.” She leaned in and stared into my eyes. “You guys are just meant to be.”

I stared back at her, unsure of what to think of her words. “She’s dating Kyle.”

“So what? She may love him and all now but it’ll never be the love that you two have for each other. It won’t come anywhere remotely close. And yes, I can see through your ‘best friend’ act, you’re head over heels for Aud.”

I tried to convince her otherwise, telling her different things to get it through her head that Audrey and I are just friends.

“Believe what you want Tyler. Whether you realize it or not, you’re crazy in love with Audrey but you won’t do a damned thing about it because you’re afraid of losing her.” Izzy said patting my shoulder and grabbing her new drink off the bar before walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
The past few months have been extremely hectic. I've been recovering from a motor vehicle accident that I was in, in March. Another driver hit me head on and one of my injuries lead to nerve damage in my left arm. About a month ago, I was strong enough to be able to hold up my wrist on my own and move my fingers. Typing wasn't going to come easily but once I was able to type, I tried to do as much as I could!

Thank you all for your patience!