Status: I will update when I can. I am busy with college work a lot.

Astrum

Chapter Two

“This fucking blows,” I muttered, banging my head up against the locker.
“What the hell are you complaining about?” asked Mabel as she walked up to me. I peered at her from the corner of my eye.
“Once again, I haven’t been invited to another one of Natalie’s fancy bonfire parties," I muttered, earning a look from Mabel.
“What?” I asked.
“I didn’t realize you had to be invited to a high school party.”
“You do if it’s Natalie Beauregard’s,” I groaned. Mabel flipped her black hair over her shoulder, rolling her eyes at me.
“It’s not the end of the world, you dolt.”
“This is my senior year, and I haven’t been invited to a single party.”
“What is he complaining about now?”
We turned to see our friend, Drew, making his way down the hall towards us. Drew was a scarecrow like figure, but with a quick wit.
“He’s complaining about not getting invited to the party tonight,” Mabel answered.
“Well why don’t you come as one of our plus ones?” Drew suggested, resulting in a jaw drop from me.
“You mean,” I said slowly, “that you two were invited?”
“Well, yeah…” Drew muttered.
“Why didn’t I get invited?"
“Well, it’s no secret that you have a huge crush on her. Something that her boyfriend obviously doesn’t appreciate,” Mabel sighed.
“I can’t help it!” I exclaimed. Putting a hand over the left side of my chest, I continued, “The heart wants what the heart wants.”
“Shut the hell up,” snapped Mabel, causing Drew to snicker.
“We realize that you’re a little bitch, but you don’t have to be such a little bitch about it,” he smirked.
“I’m not being a little bitch! This is injustice!”
“This is idiotic,” Mabel fired back at me.
“Hey! Sandors! Turner!”
We all turned to see none other than Natalie and Darren making their way towards us. Natalie’s golden hair swayed behind her in loose curls while Darren’s muscular frame took up more space than I felt it should. Darren stopped, and wrapped an arm around Natalie’s tiny shoulders.
“You coming to the party tonight?” he asked. Drew and Mabel looked at each other before answering.
“We’re thinking about it,” answered Drew.
“We might bring a few friends along if that’s okay,” Mabel added. Darren shot me an icy glare, causing me to tense up in response. He looked down at Natalie, who shrugged half-heartedly back up at him.
“I guess,” he finally muttered. Natalie offered them her signature smile.
“We can’t wait to see you guys there,” she chirped before spinning around to walk off, Darren following closely on her heels.
“Are you two seriously thinking about going?” I asked.
“Yeah, and if you quit your bitching, than we might consider taking you with us,” Mabel snapped, walking towards the doors. Drew and I immediately began to follow her, Drew leaning towards me for a second.
“Don’t worry. I’ll sneak you there anyway,” he murmured, looking up at Mabel to make sure she hadn’t heard.
“I’m kind of hungry. Do you guys want to head over to the diner for a little while?” Drew asked.
“Sounds good to me!” Mabel answered, opening the door to her car.
“I guess I’ll come too,” I said, sliding into my Dodge Charger. Drew nodded, and jogged over to the driver’s side of the Bronco.
“Last one there has to pay!” hollered Mabel out the window as she peeled out of the parking lot, followed closely by Drew. I groaned, knowing that I would end up being the one who loses.
“Gotta love high school,” I muttered, speeding out behind my friends.