Don't You Go

1/1

Jack was awoken at exactly 7:39am by the loud thump of his boyfriend pulling a suitcase off of the highest shelf in their closet. After a few seconds of panic, he remembered. Zack leaves for tour today.
He sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Hearing the rustle of blankets, Zack looked over at the bed. “Good morning, baby.” He said fondly. Jack just grumbled and flopped face-first back onto the pillows. Zack laughed, and began unceremoniously shoving shirts into the suitcase.
“Do you have to leave today?” said Jack, though it was a bit muffled, as he hadn’t bothered to remove himself from the pillows. Zack sighed, dropping the shirt he was holding, and moving to the bed. Jack rolled over when he felt the mattress dip, and placed his head on his boyfriend’s lap.
“Sweetheart, we’ve been over this.” Zack said soothingly. “I have to leave today no matter what. But I’ll be back next month, and I’ll call you every night”
Jack sat up and rested his head on the shorter man’s shoulder. “But I’ll still miss you”

For the rest of the day, Jack tried his best to convince Zack not to leave. He used excuses ranging from “You need to help me with the laundry!” to “What if the bus crashes and you die!”. As expected, Zack rolled his eyes and contradicted him.
After using every excuse he could think of, Jack finally gave up, and resorted to sulking, and trying his best to get his boyfriend’s sympathy. Zack, the big softie, fell for it almost immediately. He packed his things as quickly as he could, then scooped up Jack and carried him to the couch. “We’re going to cuddle and watch movies until I have to leave, whether you like it or not” he proclaimed, setting Jack down gently and pressing play on Captain America, Jack’s current favorite movie. Zack joined his boyfriend on the couch, and pulled him onto his lap. This romantic, cuddy moment was cut short when Zack got bored of just watching the movie and started kissing the younger boy’s neck. One thing lead to another, and within minutes Jack was riding Zack fithydirtyslow while Steve Rogers beat up Nazis on the TV.

At exactly 8pm, Zack received a text from Rian, informing him that the bus was out front waiting for him. He gathered all of his things as Jack trailed silently behind him. Once his possessions were all collected he turned to Jack and kissed him gently. After a few moments he pulled away.
“I have to leave now, Jackattack.” he whispered with a smile. Jack sighed and pulled him into a tight hug.
Pressing his face into Zack’s neck, he mumbled “I’ll miss you, Zackaroni”
Zack pressed a kiss to his forehead and turned to leave. Right before he shut the door Jack called out a frantic “I love you!” Zack turned to face him.
“I love you too, baby”
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading! this is the first fic i've posted on this site, so any feedback would be appreciated! more merrikat fics soon