Status: Currently writing

The Stars in Your Sky Aren't the Same Stars in My Sky

Nuke

"Oh my god," I pushed him away and jumped off the counter, "Oh my god oh my god oh my god." I just kept repeating that as I moved into the living room and started packing my backpack. Today suddenly seemed like a better time to leave.

"Jax, what are you doing? Calm down." He tried to have me look at him but I just forced him away.

"I need to leave. I'm going to go tonight. I need to pack." He sighed when he realized that he was defeated. He sat down on the couch with his head in his hands as I started putting my stuff by the front door.

Before I left, I changed into more comfortable shorts and grabbed my work gloves before grabbing the van key.

"Are you really leaving?" He asked when I came back down stairs.

"Jake you just dropped a fucking Nuke on me... I need out of the house and I have to be there tomorrow anyways to meet up with Jules to park the van with the trailer. I'm-" He grabbed my arm.

"You kissed back Jax, I know you feel something. You're going away for two months. Just think about it, alright?" I stared into his eyes for a moment before nodding.

"Have a safe trip and I'll see you in October..." He let me go and I walked out the front door.

I hopped in the front seat of the van and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. When I looked out the window at the front door, he stood there waving. I didn't dare wave back as I started the van and pulled away.

It was a quiet drive to San Diego and welcomed after the shock I had just gotten. I took my time and stopped to eat a few times since I wasn't in a rush, but ended up rushing anyways because I figured I could grab any gear from the trailer that the boys wanted. Around nine that night, I pulled up in front of Jules house and saw the trailer parked in the rocks on the side of her house. She came out and hugged me, helping me bring my bags inside. Jules and I had been friends for years since I met her on one of my tours. She was really good friends with Alex from ADTR.

"Are you excited to go to Australia for the first time?" She asked me with a smile as we sat down at her dining room table.

"Yeah actually I'm really excited. The boys said they were having a great time when I called from Finland." She smiled.

"Great, why did you come down today though? I thought we were gonna meet at the airport tomorrow?" I shrugged.

"I was just excited I guess. I also needed to bust into the trailer and make sure the boys got all of their gear. Last time I checked, They only brought a few things with them. If you don't mind, I'll probably need your help getting all the gear in the airport tomorrow..." I chuckled as she scoffed.

"I know what I was getting myself into, I'll always help. For now though, I think we should both go to bed."

I whole-heartedly agreed with her. However, we were both up pretty early to go through the trailer. The guys had of course left some of the more important tour requirements with me. We had two flight cases of guitar and basses as well as two individual cases, one rack, the banners, some of Christian's hardware, and the keyboard we had just invested in. Jules was going to have to drive the van back since it was the only vehicle we had that would hold all of the gear. We left around four to make sure we would have time to get the gear on the plane. That was barely enough time, they tried to tell me no and then they tried to charge me three times the normal fees. By the time we finally got everything check it was nearly six thirty.

"Have a safe flight sweet cheeks." Jules hugged me as I handed her the keys to the van.

"I will. I'll be back around the 18th for sure. The boys may come back earlier or with me but if they don't come back with me we might ship the gear to your house. Is that ok?" She waved it off.

"Of course! Now hurry so you don't miss your flight. I expect pictures!" I smiled and waved as I walked into the airport.

I had two stops to get to Brisbane, one through LAX and the other through Sydney. I would have preferred to fly somewhere closer since Joel was the one coming to get me, but there wasn't another option for this date. It was already technically going to be a two day flight, considering the fact that the flight over seas was 14 hours alone. I was only going to have three days in studio with the boys to finalize these songs and then the two weeks after the tour to finish the album. We were working on a rush timeline, but I was determined to make it work. I tried to sleep and write a bit on the plane, but my mind was more preoccupied with the situation Jake had put me in at home. I had two months to figure out how to move forward with this, but that didn't make it an easy thought to have.

By the time we landed in Brisbane, I realized that I spent half of my flight time staring at the seat in front of me, thinking about what was going to happen. The only thing I decided was that I wouldn't tell the guys.