Status: Currently writing

The Stars in Your Sky Aren't the Same Stars in My Sky

Everyone Knew But You

"Oh James and Mark are out by Joel's place." I looked over at Joel.

"Oh," he covered his mouth while he chewed before looking at me," They're getting some footage of the ocean for the studio updates they said. I'll bring them back up tomorrow."

"Speaking of studio though," My head turned to Nikki," There are go pros and cameras set up in the studio. They're gonna edit stuff out of the videos if we need them to but we tossed around the idea of doing a younow tomorrow or at least before the tour started." I nodded as I took a bite of my burger.

"We wanted to talk to you about doing an actual cover song for the album." I gave them a thumbs up since I was still chewing.

"What song though?" Christian asked. I finished chewing and looked at them.

"Can we cover an old eminem song?" They looked at me like I had grown three heads.

"As funny as it would be to see you rap," Mikey frowned," we were thinking something more edgy 90s ish feel?"

"I mean you guys pick then, I'm kind of all over the place on my music choice right now."

They launched into a rousing discussion with Ahren and Casey about good songs while I finished my plate. Joel was the only one that seemed to notice my unusual disinterest in music.

"You alright kid?" I shrugged to Joel.

He motioned me inside while he gathered plates, I grabbed some as well. I shut the door behind us as he led me to the kitchen and we started washing the dishes.

"What's wrong?" I sighed. Joel was one of the few people other than Vinny that had broken through to me.

"I just have a lot on my mind right now with the music and then Jake." H leaned against the counter with he arms crossed and stared at me.

"You never told me what happened with Jake." I sighed.

"He OD'd on Heroin. When I came home from Finland to get the van and he was already home and I was legitimately scared of him. I was scared shitless of my best friend...." I looked up at Joel with tears in my eyes.

"Why?"

"He said some really awful shit to me this summer and that's why I quit working for them less than a week in. I was worried that because of the drugs it would become physical..."

"I'm assuming something happened then?" He asked with wondering eyes, surely looking for some kind of mark.

"Yeah, just not what you're expecting." His eyes snapped to mine as he waited for me to continue.

"He told me that seeing me with someone is what made him start doing the drugs and that he's been in love with me for years....." Joel was shocked by my admission, his hands went up to pull his glasses off his face.

"And how did you feel about that?" He asked as he used his shirt to clean them.

"I don't really know how to feel, He kissed me too." Joel let out a breath and used one hand to sweep his hair back.

"Well kid, looks like the cat's outta the bag." I looked at him.

"You knew?" He laughed.

"Everyone but you knew how much he loves you." My jaw dropped and I reached over and nailed him in the shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell me!?" He laughed.

"It wasn't anyone's place to tell you that information and you know it." I groaned and wiped my eyes.

"Well that certainly could have made this all easier."

I knew he was right, but I couldn't help but be upset. Somehow, I truly felt like everything that happened with the band and Jake was my fault.

"Hey, we're getting ready to head back to the studio." We both looked over at Nikki, now dressed and ready to go.

"I'll be out in a minute." He nodded before close the back door.

"You know how to reach me if you need anything yeah?" I nodded and we both walked out back.

"Thanks for lunch Ahren and for letting the boy and I stay here." He smiled and accepted my hug.

"Anytime. The boys have the key and know where everything is for when you guys come back later. Let me know if you need anything else." I smiled before going over and putting my clothes on.

The boys switched the key for Joel's car with the van keys before they drove back to the studio. It was a nice little room with an isolation wall set up for drums and some guitars on the back wall with the board in front. The boys had stuff spread out and I could tell they had really been trying to write.

"Alright so are there any specific songs you guys want to work on?"