Status: Currently writing

The Stars in Your Sky Aren't the Same Stars in My Sky

Drinking

Ahren laughed at me as I stood and went to the fridge.

"I already emptied it since we're leaving tomorrow. I can order pizza if you want."

"Please." He gave me a thumbs up and we ordered pizza.

He and I sat on the counter while we all talked about what the next ten days held for us. I was extremely excited, but I noticed that the guys weren't sharing my extreme enthusiasm.

"You guys want to go home don't you?" I asked everyone. They all just seemed to stare at me.

"Well, you guys have to be honest with me. My thoughts on touring are a lot different than yours because I don't have things to go home to. I need to know what you guys are thinking." Ahren excused himself upon seeing this would turn into a serious conversation and went into the office to wait for the pizza.

"I mean yeah," Mark spoke up," We just came off a tour and came here and we're doing this tour and then more recording and another tour."

"I haven't seen my girlfriend in weeks..." Nikki agreed with Mikey.

"And my siblings ask when I'm coming to see them everyday..."James lived with his family still and rarely saw them.

"I just need a break..." Mark admitted.

"And I actually did start seeing someone, but we never made it official because I'm not home...." We all looked Andrew.

"We all need time to be home...." I sighed.

"I just need ten more days out of you guys and then you have two weeks off, ok?" No one really agreed at first.

"I'm moving out when we go home," Nikki announced," Kim and I were talking about getting married and I'm proposing to her when I go back."

"Well that's great and I'm happy for you, Mikey must be happy about getting his own room too." I chuckled but no one laughed.

"I'm moving in with Adriana." Oh.

"Why are you guys telling me this...." I trailed off.

"You asked us to tell you what was going through our minds?" I sighed.

"I know....just I need a few days from you ok? Just five shows and then you go home and I'll finish the record ok?" They all nodded. Ahren walked in with the pizza at that moment.

"Well I leave at 9 tomorrow. Are you guys leaving at the same time?" Ahren pulled some paper plates out of the cabinet.

"I think we're on the same flight as you." Nikki laughed.

"You know what that means...." Mikey let out what I could only call a screech of excitement.

"Sing alongs!" We all looked at him.

"We are not having a repeat of the Lufthansa incident." They all looked at me.

"Bitch, you started that...." I rolled my eyes.

"I swear to god if you start another sing along on that plane....." Nikki made fun of me, causing me to throw a piece of my pineapple from my pizza at him.

"Look, I was nervous and someone slipped me something." I pointed at each of them.

"Worth it..." Christian mumbled into his drink.

Sure enough the flight was nothing short of fucking ridiculous. All of Amity was on the same flight as us and Nikki and Christian started a 4 part harmony of a made up song affectionately titled 'a dingo ate my baby.' The stewardess threatened to "off load" us before we even left the gate and sure enough they tried to have security escort us off the plane once we landed. All of those issues were dwarfed when we saw the weather. Joel was talking with their TM about what tomorrow was supposed to look like but the prognosis wasn't good.

"Worse tomorrow." He announced when he entered our group.

We had gathered all of our gear and were waiting for the transport to the hotel near the venue. I hear the collective sigh that ran through the guys over the roar of rain pelting the concourse. For our first tour here in Australia, if things went the way they sounded like they were going to go, it wasn't gonna be good. Mark decided to pull a few of us aside for interviews for updates while we waited. He started with Christian.

"So we didn't tell you...." I looked at Nikki in our group.

"Tell me what?"

"We hired a merch person so that Mark could focus on video and social media." I gave him a funny look.

"Why and when? I've been handing transportation." He shrugged.

"I hid it from you. His name is Adrian and be nice if you see him." My indifference surprised him.

"Well, as long as he's not a fucking idiot things will be fine."

"Do you deal with a lot of idiots?" Ryan asked.

"I mean I dealt with you." 'Damnnnnnnn' was the reply a few of the guys got out while other laughed.

"You hurt my feelings." Ryan put his hand on his chest and made a sad face.

"Awe you big baby," I hugged him, "I was just kidding." He made sniffling noises while the guys just watched him.

"Besides, you're a better drummer than Christian so I need you." Another laugh went around at Christian's expense despite him not being there.

"Someone's wearing their sassy pants today..."I shrugged in reply to Mikey.

"I just wanna have some fun. Time to be less serious."

"Does that mean we can get you some drinks tonight?" Ahren asked with a big smile.

"You've been pouring alcohol down my throat since I stepped foot into your house...."

"No, we're talking like Warped 2013 wasted...." Dan added. With a sigh, I just nodded.

"If you're buying." I added last second with a smile.

"I'll buy the whole damn bar to see you in party mode again." Troy added causing everyone to laugh.

"I mean, I don't drink that much...." They all laughed.

"Vans are here!"

We all helped to load the gear and split up into the vans. All of Amity ended up in a van with Mark, Nikki, James, and I while their crew and techs and the rest of the guys ended up in the other van.

"So boys, tell us about Have Fun Trying To get This On The Flyer." Mark panned the camera towards The Amity boys from the passenger seat.

"Well their new lead singer sucks and she won't make out with me." Ahren made a fake pout.

"She can't handle her liquor and spoils all the fun."Dan added as everyone was laughing.

"Ahren," I scolded him," Casey is going to hate me." He laughed.

"No she's not." He put his arm around me and gave me a hug that Joel joined in on from the other side.

"Well, I've reached the dream of all fan girls, an Amity sandwich with their two hottest members." Dan and Ryan mocked being hurt while Joel, Ahren and I made it into a full on raunchy photo shoot that would surely get all of us in trouble later.

"Are you excited for the tour?" Mark asked me when we calmed down, camera pointing at me.

"Of course, this is my first full tour as just a singer and nothing else. As well as the first time my boys and I get to be in Australia. I couldn't have asked to do it with a better line up of guys. Might fight this Real Bad dude but who knows what I'll do when I get drunk." The guys all laughed and high fived.

"Nikki," Mark panned to camera to Nikki and James in the last row," Will you be able to handle the new free spirit, 'I have no responsibilities' Jax at the helm of the band?" Nikki scoffed.

"What do you mean handle, we created her." He put his arm around James while I laughed.

"The only thing he created is the worst smell in the world, courtesy of his fucking nasty ass socks." Everyone chuckled at that.

Mark finally shut off the camera when we got to the hotel. The other bands were already here and we all brought our gear inside before settling down for the night. And by settling down I mean we raided the pool after dark and all of the fridges in our room as well as the convenience store near by.

"Shots all around!" Ahren poured everyone some grey goose to start out the night.

"You gonna be able to handle that?" JJ asked. I scoffed.

"Don't instigate, She can and will murder you." I smiled at Joel.

"Should've let him figure it out on his own. Real Bad did." Ahren laughed remembering the other night.

"Yo she gave me a hard on and then dumped me in the pool," Real Bad took his shot and looked at JJ, "This woman is dangerous man." Dan and Ryan laughed at Real Bad's tale.

"That's the calmest revenge I've seen from her" Troy added before taking his shot.

"You've all seen me piss drunk. I just met them and I wanna make friends so stop scaring them." The guys laughed.

"You scare everyone with one look." I scoffed at Mikey.

"Mikey don't you need to call your girl? I don't want you to go more than a few days without hear from her. I hate hearing you cry while you masturbate." The ones I didn't know just made shocked faces while everyone I did know took their shot.

"Well, I'm not here to face the wrath of dry spell Jax. I'm gonna go call my woman and practice some of the new songs." The guys just laughed.

"Excuse you, I could get more than you could!" I yelled after him as he walked through the gate while flipping me off.

"Ouch Jax, don't hurt the man's ego." I rolled my eyes and took my shot in response to Nikki.

"What ego?," Nikki rolled his eyes." He's been hiding his side bitch from us since we left for tour in February. When he proposes to her when you guys get back, you can buy me a bottle of Jameson to celebrate." I looked over the table at our scrounges.

"Speaking of Jameson," I stood up and reached over to grab one of the handles we bought," Shall we indulge in my two favorite things?" I opened the bottle while Ahren poured everyone another shot.

"And what are those?" Kyle, Amity's guitar tech, asked.

"Drinking on someone else's dime and good times with friends."

"We can drink to that." Everyone picked up their drink and put them together while I held the Jameson up.

"To the night ahead, new friends, old friends, and good hangs."They threw their shots back while I took several gulps of the Jameson.

"I forget how much I hate drinking until I start doing it."

The rest of the night was a mix of alcohol, throwing people into the pool, and trying to make things float. The last thing I remember is throwing Joel into the pool and having Dan throw me in immediately after.So when I woke up the next morning with someone next to me and me minimally clothed, it was a huge shock.

"What the fuck?" I looked around and noticed no one else was in the room as the sun was coming up so I just barely had light in the room.

I saw my pants and shirt in the corner by the door and stood immediately the grab them. Unfortunately for me, Clumsy came out and I tripped over the duvet as I walked towards them causing me to knock over a few bottles and cups the were on one of the tables.

"What the fuck?" American accent, but not one of my guys. Fuck.