Status: I'm back!

A Dream's Reality

Chapter 4

My head was spinning. Thoughts were racing around as I tried to piece together why I saw the mysterious man from my dreams again. I thought Naida said this wasn't a dream... All I remember was seeing those golden eyes of his and the cold touch of his fingers. I don't even remember if he spoke to me or what he said if he did. My eyes flutter open and I realize I am not in my normal room. So it's not a dream then... I sighed deeply.

"Celeste! I mean, Queen Celeste! You're awake!" A girl with long dark blue hair ran up to me. Naida. "I'm so glad you're okay!" She gave me a strong hug, despite her small form. I gave a small smile and nodded. My eyes scanned the luxurious bedroom to find the guys also in the room. Elion, Braeden, Karayan, Lyall, and Cade.

"What happened?" I asked, not remembering anything after seeing those hypnotizing gold eyes

"That's what I wanted to ask, Queen Celeste. You passed out in the ballroom after I left you." She gave me a concerned look. My eyes widened, everything flooding back to me.

"Him! It was him! The man from my dreams!" I spoke frantically, sitting up with a jolt.

"What? Sitheis? What do you mean?" Braeden rushed over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders. His yellow eyes brimming with questions.

"I-Sitheis? I-I don't know." Before anything else could be said, Braeden's face went bright red and he quickly let go of my shoulders. Huh? That's when I realized that I had only my bra and underwear on and the blanket had fallen. "Ahhh!" I quickly grabbed the blanket and covered myself, my face heating up rapidly.

"Queen Celeste. I'm so sorry, I was so happy that you were awake that I forgot we had undressed you when we brought you here. We wanted to make sure you were comfortable laying down and breathing without the constricting dress." Naida looked at me sheepishly, rubbing my shoulder.

"I was just admiring you, Celeste. Why cover it up?" Elion spoke seductively, his crystal blue eyes glistening with mischief. My face heated up even more at his suggestive tone.

"Elion! Don't talk to Queen Celeste like that! Now shoo!" Naida motioned for the guys to leave the room. "You guys don't need to watch her anymore." One by one they all left the room, Elion being the last as he winked before closing the door. I looked away quickly and set my eyes on Naida.I can't believe they saw my bra!! I blushed furiously at the thought.

"Now Queen Celeste, please tell me what you were talking about."

I nodded as I explained to her that I've been having the same dream since I was 16 with the mysterious man with golden eyes. The entire time I spoke, she looked at me with interest. After telling her my regular dream, I started on the one that led me here. But this dream was different since I ended up being sucked through a strange vortex and landed here.

"It's bizarre. Every night I dreamt, and it was always of the same exact thing. But the other night it turned into whatever this is now." Every night...Wait! "But Naida, last night I had no dream at all now that I think about it...Does that mean I AM still dreaming?" I gave her a questioning look.

"Well Queen Celeste, I'm afraid this is not a dream but a reality. Just, you know, a reality in a world unknown to you. I know it sounds ridiculous, but you must believe me." She gave me a hopeful look as she rested her hand on my shoulder. "As for the man, if it really is Sitheis that was in your dreams I might be able to explain how.

"Sitheis? I-I don't know his name. I only know his face and voice..." I sighed in defeat, not sure what to make of what happened.

"Well, Sitheis is the king of Irkalla. Which is the kingdom of demons essentially." D-demons? She must have read my mind because Naida nodded at me. "Yes. As I told you, each kingdom has a different race of peoples; Irkalla happens to have demons. Which makes Sitheis a demon as well. As for how he was in your dreams, well he has the power to enter dreams and manipulate them." My eyes widen.

"W-what? But...how did he find me?" I felt a deep shiver travel down my spine. Naida pondered for a moment, I guess trying to figure it out herself.

"To be honest, Queen Celeste, I am not entirely sure. Only my family should know who the Divine Elemental is before she arrives. How he knew you were the one, I don't know." She sighed. "I'm sorry Queen Celeste. We may just have to wait and see how things play out. You will go to Irkalla eventually, during your training."

"I-I will? But what about this Sitheis guy?" Fear filled my body, not feeling comfortable meeting with him again.

"Don't worry, you will always be accompanied by the princes when you depart to other kingdoms. Since Prince Braeden is from Irkalla, he will most likely be your escort. Each of the princes has their own powers as well, so they aren't defenseless.

"Wait! Braeden is a....a demon?" I couldn't help the shock that consumed my features. I definitely would have never guessed that he was a demon.

"Yes. Queen Celeste, not all demons are evil. In Efroria, things are different from your world. The things you know about creatures like demons, vampires, werewolves, and so on aren't completely correct. Although there are some similarities." I looked at Naida in wonder, amazed at this new information I have received. She taps my leg with her hand to get my attention. "Now Queen Celeste, I don't want to spoil everything about Efroria on your second day here. So let's continue with the day. Since you have no clothes here we must take you out in order for you to have a wardrobe."

I had so many questions I wanted to ask Naida, but seeing her face I knew she wouldn't give me much more. I guess I will have to learn on my own or pry the guys as well. I felt a mixture of intrigue and confusion as thoughts about my predicament flooded my head. This is not something you see or hear every day...

"Does this mean I will get to see Ishior?" I pushed my feeling of disappointment about being shut out and started getting a bit excited about being able to see Ishior. And I can get out of this overwhelming palace! I smiled a bit to myself.

"Yes! We will take a trip into town together, with the princes as well. They've been to Ishior before but not around the town I'm sure. Plus it will be a good chance to get to know each other at least a little bit. Considering, you will be spending a lot of time together." Naida got up from my bed and grabbed a pile of clothes. It's what I wore yesterday before I got an extravagant dress for the ceremony. "Since the only other clothes we have for you are the dresses from yesterday, we washed the clothes you had just so you can go into town today."

"Well, at least I get a break from the palace for a bit..." I was excited, yet still nervous about how I should be in this new town if I'm supposedly Queen.

"Don't worry Queen Celeste, I will be with you as well. And you can pick as much clothing and items as you think you will need." She gave me a warm smile before handing me my clothes. "Now get ready and come downstairs for some breakfast. Just shout if you need someone." I nodded before she walked out the door and closed it, her dark blue hair swaying with her every step.

I decided I wanted to shower before doing anything else as I got up and walked towards the washroom. Closing the door behind me, I step onto the cold white-tiled floor. Brrrr. I shiver a bit from the feeling as I walk towards the shower. I made sure the water was just right before going in and letting the water drip down my skin.

"Ahh. Showers will always feel good..." I spoke to myself, relief filling my voice. I wonder what it will be like going into town. I smiled at the thought as I started washing my hair. I began humming a song my grandmother used to sing when I was younger.

Midnight moonlight shining through the curtain lace

Paints a perfect picture on your perfect face

One sweet angel sleeping in my arms

You are the promise I knew God would keep

You are the gift that makes my world complete

And you'll never know how much I love you

But I'll keep on telling you my whole life through

Now I believe in miracles, and you're the reason why

So dream on while I sing you my angel's lullaby


I finished my shower and started to get dressed, continuing my morning routine. Once I had finished getting ready I opened the door to the bedroom to find someone sitting in my bed. I jumped in surprise, not expecting anyone to be there. Lyall.

"Um. Hi Prince Lyall? What are you doing here?" He looked up and then stood rather quickly, his long brown hair bouncing with him. His pale blue eyes stared at me through his black glasses and I felt self-conscious. He was dressed casually in a black quarter-sleeved crew neck top and dark washed jeans; the clothes fit him perfectly.

"Ah. Queen Celeste, pardon me but Naida asked me to get you so we can go out to the town together. Maybe I should've waited outside the bedroom." He spoke awkwardly, his voice soft but deep. Lyall's cheeks flushed pink and he bowed apologetically. I stifled a laugh.

"Prince Lyall, please you don't have to be so polite and formal. Don't worry about it, I'm glad you came to get me. I'm ready!" I gave him a cheery smile and he looked up with wide eyes, his pale skin still flushed. I started walking ahead of him before turning around and motioning him to join me. His long strides made it easy for him to catch up as we began weaving ourselves around the large maze-like hallways of the palace. I'm glad he seems to have a good sense of direction...

"Um Queen Celeste, mind if I ask what you were humming while you got ready?" Lyall spoke without looking at me as he tried matching my step. I looked at him in a bit of surprise and embarrassment. He heard?

"Ah. You heard me?" He looked at me and nodded. "Well it's a song my grandmother used to sing when I was younger, it's just become something that soothes me." I smile to myself at the memory, feeling a bit nostalgic. Sadness began to fill me as I started to think about my life and how I miss my grandmother. I wonder if she's okay...

"I'm sorry for being intrusive. I just happened to overhear, it sounds like a lovely song." Lyall gave me a warm smile, his eyes full of kindness. His eyes and smile lifted my spirits and I smiled back.

"Yeah, my grandmother has always been lovely..." Lyall gave me a sad look, knowing I was missing her. Before I knew it we had made it to the front entrance of the palace where Naida and the guys were all waiting.

"Hey." I gave everyone a small smile.

"Queen Celeste!" Naida was practically jumping in her place with excitement. She grasped my hand and pulled me out of the door before the guys could say more than a hello. She was dressed casually too in a white long-sleeved shirt that hung off her shoulders with a dark blue tank top underneath, light-washed jeans, and a pair of white flats Her long blue hair was pulled back in a light blue bow. So they do wear clothes like at home, not just the fancy royalty outfits... I sighed in relief at the thought of not having to choose from only overwhelming clothes.

I looked at the rest of the guys as we walked towards what looked like a carriage, taking in their casual attire. Elion was dressed in a white tank top under a sleeveless hunter green hoodie, light-washed jeans, and green converse-looking shoes. His white/grey hair was disheveled, making him almost cute and boyish. His tan, pointy ears were once again adorned with black piercings. Braeden was wearing a white button-up shirt with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, the top few buttons left open, black jeans, and red high tops. His black hair was also messy like Elion's, but it looked like he put more effort into trying to tame it. Cade's outfit consisted of a dark grey V-neck, a burgundy hoodie with the sleeves rolled up, dark washed jeans, and burgundy combat boots. His light pink hair hung over his face, covering it a bit, while his cat-like ears were perked straight up. Karayan was a bit more formal than the rest in a black long-sleeved, button-up shirt, a purple vest, and dark gray pants the covered most of his black shoes. His medium-length purple hair was slick with slight waves at the ends.

Karayan caught my stare and started to grin as we began piling into the all-white carriage. Uh-oh...

"Interested?" Karayan looked at me with a smirk. I scoffed.

"I was just thinking that it was interesting that you guys dress casually like everyone from my home." Karayan's smirk didn't falter. Braeden sat next to me with a smile on his face.

"Actually, Queen Celeste, we know a lot about your world. We sometimes even try to keep up with it!" I gave Braeden a weird look but he just smiled. "Just like you guys know a little bit about our through lore." My eyes widened.

"Woah." I could only mutter that much as I didn't really know what to say. Plus, the carriage started moving and I began watching the beautiful scenery.

"Celeste, are you excited to see Ishior?" Elion asked in a smooth voice, his crystal blue eyes shining. I was surprised at the fact that he could make normal small talk.

"Yes! This is all very new to me, so I would be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued." I smiled a bit. "Although, I am a bit nervous because I don't really know how to act here." I fidgeted in my seat between Naida and Braeden, the nerves kicking in.

"Well, there's no need to be worried, darlin'. You just have to act like yourself." Elion smiled at me, his tan skin almost glowing from the sunlight. Pretty... "Besides, I will be there with you Celeste." I laughed. He totally ignored everyone else...

"Thanks, Prince Elion, I'm glad to know that I have everyone's support." The guys all seemed to nod or mutter in agreement and I started feeling a lot better. Naida gave me a squeeze.

The guys became noisy, talking among themselves. Naida and I would jump in occasionally, but we mostly whispered to each other. It felt so nostalgic speaking with her, almost as if we were the best of friends for a very long time. Even in this unreal predicament, I'm in, Naida's presence makes me feel calm. Maybe it's just her warm aura that seems to rub off on me. It's so cool that they keep up with what goes on at home. I wonder if Braeden can tell me more!

After what felt like a half-hour, the carriage stopped in front of a bustling town. I stared in amazement at the friendly atmosphere and the noisy exchanges. Kids running around and playing, stores lined up the sides of the road, outside vendors with fresh fruits/veggies and jewelry. Woah. I stepped out of the carriage with the help of Braeden as he held my hand.

“Thank you, Braeden.” I barely glanced at him because I kept staring at the town in front of me, but I could tell he smiled.

“My pleasure, Queen Celeste.” He spoke softly as he chuckled at my expression and let go of my hand. Elion came up to me quickly and wrapped his tanned arm around my shoulder and I froze.

“So Celeste, shall I walk you through the town in Ishior?” Elion gave me a sly smile and Naida quickly walked over to me, linking her arm with mine.

“No Prince Elion, you don’t even know your way around here! First, we will all walk around together, then if you guys want we can branch off into specific stores.” Naida spoke sternly and Elion removed his hand, his smile left unchanging.

“Alright, alright. Whatever you say Naida.” Cade grunted from behind us, the tips of his cat ear folding slightly. I wonder if he gets along with Elion?[/i

We started walking into the town together, Naida’s arm still linked with mine. I gazed at all the people in front of me when some of them started noticing us. They began whispering to each other in excitement and I all of a sudden felt nervous. Two little kids, I assumed to be brother and sister, ran up to me smiling widely. The girl had short brown hair and big blue eyes, while the boy had dark blue (almost black) hair and dark blue eyes. Cuties!

“Hi! My brother says you’re not the new queen. But you are right?” Her big blue eyes looked at me hopefully. I squatted down a bit to be eye level with her and gave her a smile.

“Well, um yes. I am the new queen.” I nodded shyly, not used to the title in the least, but the boy didn’t look convinced as he crossed his arms. The guys mostly stayed silent, watching the scene. But I could hear Elion’s smooth laugh.

“Hm. But you don’t even have a crown! The queen is supposed to wear a crown.” The boy was too young to have his eyebrows all scrunched up, but he tried his best to look unamused. I felt awkward. I mean he is right…Should I have worn the crown out?

“Hey! Queen Celeste is most definitely the queen. She is just having a casual outing and so does not need her crown. No queen duties today.” Naida stepped in, putting her hands on her hips. The little girl and I giggled. I felt relieved I wasn’t wrong for leaving the crown.

“Naida, it’s okay.” I moved towards the little boy and smiled at him. “What’s your name?”

“S-Shiro.” He looked at me briefly before turning red.

“Well. That’s quite a name! Maybe one day I can invite you and your sister over to the palace for some fun?” His dark blue eyes widened. The little girl started jumping up and down excitedly. Naida laughed at their reactions.

“Um. Okay.” Shiro smiled a little bit. Ha! I got a smile!

“Good.” I smiled and turned back to the girl. “And what is your name?”

“Oh! My name is Aiko! Shiro is my big brother!” She spoke cheerfully, her blue eyes gleaming. “Can we really go to the palace?”

“Beautiful name! And yes, of course, I’m the queen so I can have any guest I want.” I smiled warmly at her and she beamed back.

I saw someone walking past me towards Shiro. Lyall. He gave Shiro’s dark blue hair a light pat and a ruffle, smiling softly. My eyes widened. He’s so gentle… I couldn’t help but smile at his action.

“So you believe Queen Celeste now?” Lyall spoke with a gentle tone as he pushed back his long brown hair. Shiro blushed and nodded at Lyall. I stood up, smiling at the two kids along with Naida. Hehe I just love the energy in the little girl!

“Guys, shouldn’t we get going?” Cade spoke up, getting everyone’s attention. His pink cat-like ears were folded as if he was uncomfortable. He walked ahead of us, not waiting for a response.

“Ah, yes! Let’s get going guys!” Naida spoke cheerfully, once again taking hold of my arm. Shiro and Aiko waved goodbye with smiles.

As we walked through the streets many of the vendors and citizens had recognized Naida and I. It felt weird to be recognized by faces I have never seen. I tried to be as polite and cheerful as I could, but I couldn’t shake the small feel of anxiety about this whole ‘queen’ thing. Everyone addressed me as queen which I don’t think I can ever get used to. The amount of welcoming and friendliness that these people had was amazing. It’s very rare to find this kind of atmosphere back at home.

Naida would talk to us about specific places like the town library, supermarkets, and restaurants that she recommended. I wonder if I could help out at the library here. It would make me feel more at home I think. From what it looks like, they eat a lot of food similar to home but also have their own variations. Okay good, no crazy foods! As we were greeted by various people, we were also given many gifts. Many of the girls fawned of the princes, which I couldn’t really argue with as they are attractive men. I giggled at Cade being approached by a young girl.

“Hi, are you a prince?” The girl stood below Cade’s shoulders. She was very pale with long, dark purple hair that was pulled into low pigtails and a pair of hazel doe-eyes. Her thin build was tiny compared to Cade’s lean body and broad shoulders. She snuggled up against his arm, pressing her average-sized breasts on him purposefully. “You’re pretty cute.”

“Yea,” Cade spoke quickly, not sure how to handle the situation. He comes off very rough, but it looks like he may just be shy. His pink, cat-like ears were up in alarm and his slightly tanned face was flushed. He looked to the other side, avoiding her seductive gaze, and tried prying her off his arm.

“I love your ears, are they real?” She was admiring Cade’s cat-like ears, getting on her tippy toes for a closer look. The girl stretched her arm to try and touch one of his ears. Cade reacted quickly, grabbing onto her arm and shooting her a glare. Uh-oh… “Ow…” The girl whimpered at the strength of his hold. He must have realized what he did, so he quickly let go; his flared ears falling forward.

“Okaaaay! Why don’t you head on out to what you were doing, okay darlin’?” Elion stepped in, giving the girl a wide smile. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and guided her away from Cade, before whispering something in her ear. With that, she went off quietly to my surprise. He reacted so quickly!

“Cade, are you alright?” I turned to Cade with worry, Braeden had put his hand on Cade’s back in reassurance. Cade looked at me with his orange eyes.

“Yeah, I’m fine Queen Celeste.” He nodded and spoke quietly. He must feel really bad…

“Alright, Naida. Why don’t we continue walking around?” Karayan stepped in, his smooth and silky voice carrying over everyone else.

"Okay, let's see more." I followed Karayan and the others as we continued.

Naida nodded in response and we all began walking. She dragged me into a clothing store that seemed to have all different styles of clothing. It was pretty cool actually. Each section had a display outfit showcasing what the main style of that section was. I took in the main five sections.

“Okay, Queen Celeste. Please choose whatever clothing you like and you can pick as many outfits as well.” Naida smiled kindly at me and I smiled back.

“Celeste, you should be trying on different outfits so we can all see,” Elion spoke with a wide smile, his tanned hand moving his white messy hair out of his face. Braeden nodded enthusiastically with a boyish smile on his pale face.

“I-uh. I mean I guess so.” I fidgeted in my lace, feeling awkward at all the attention and shy about showing off the clothes I try on. Karayan sauntered over into my view.

“What’s the matter, Celeste? It’s not like you’re trying on lingerie.” Karayan grinned, looking at me with teasing red eyes.

“Now that I would like to see!” Elion exclaimed with a seductive tone.

“Hey now! Don’t tease Queen Celeste!” Braeden said to both Karayan and Elion. I sighed in relief. Gosh, they’re exhausting. But entertaining? Definitely. The store owner who was watching with an amused expression came up to me rather quickly. He was a short man with balding gray hair and kind gray eyes.

“Queen Celeste! Please try on the outfits that were put together on the mannequins! Those are the top outfits.” He bowed to me and shook my hand. Before I can even answer, he went around grabbing the mannequins with help from the guys. It was a total of five outfits that he got for me. Naida clapped her hands in excitement and we all made our way towards the dressing room. The guys waited outside while Naida stayed close in case I needed help.