Never Too Late

Lazy Days

Lacey's Point of View

I woke up the next morning early enough to take a shower before leaving. I grabbed some clothes and headed to my bathroom. I turned the shower on and got in. I did what I had to and got out. I got dressed, brushed my teeth, put a little bit of makeup on and brushed my hair out. I headed downstairs and saw that Gerard was sitting outside on the back porch. I decided to grab a cup of coffee and head outside. Gerard looked up from his phone and I sat down.

"Good morning," he said.

"It's never a good morning until I at least have two cups of coffee," I responded.

"Well, that's something we have in common then," he smiled.

"Mom used to yell at me for drinking coffee. Told me it would stunt my growth," I commented.

"Well, that's Allison for you. She used to say the same thing to me growing up. Is your sister up yet?" he asked.

"Not sure. She could be in the shower or something," I said.

Gerard nodded and the conversation dropped there. Lucy eventually came down and we all headed out. It wasn't a long drive to the new school. We headed in and waited to be seen by the guidance counselor. It wasn't that long of a wait. We all headed back to her office and figured out our schedules for the school year.

Once we were done there Gerard decided to take us out for lunch. We stopped off at the local Applebee's and got a booth. We ordered drinks and looked over the menus so we could order. Our waitress came back with our drinks and we ordered our food. We all made some small talk and our food came out pretty quickly.

"So what do you think of the school?" Gerard asked.

"Seems alright," Lucy shrugged.

I nodded in agreement. We finished our food, paid the bill, and then left. The car ride back was quiet and when we got back we all went our different ways. Lucy went straight to her room and I followed her but went to mine. The rest of the day went by pretty slow. Gerard called us down for some dinner and then we all watched a little bit of TV together. I got bored of watching TV so I excused myself and went up to my room. I turned the light on and sat on my bed. I grabbed my sketch book and iPod. I turned my iPod on and started to draw. I was so into drawing that I didn't even notice Lucy was in my room until she took one of my headphones out.

"Huh? Sorry I didn't know you were in here," I said.

"Clearly," she said, rolling her eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"To see what you were up to," she replied.

"Well, as you can see, I’m drawing and listening to music," I said.

"Yeah, I see that. So I was thinking of going to see Mason and John tomorrow after they get out of school. Wanna come?" she asked.

"Uh, sure,” I agreed.

Lucy nodded and we spoke a little longer and then she left. I finished my drawing up and changed into some pajamas. I laid in bed until I fell asleep.